Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #15

404rb

I bought my 2016 404rb this past march-put 5,000 on so far, some minor problems but we love ours-the floor plan with hideaway bunks great. the only thing i would want is to move the sleep sofa to the passenger side and have theatre seating on drivers side. love ours. for the price you get a lot
msbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #16

Forest River Coachmen division makes a very well put together and designed product, very similar to any of the others in the similar price points. I just drove a new Coachmen Mirada Select gas unit and was very impressed with the styling, design, floor plan layout, and fit and finish. This was compared to a Newmar Canyonstar that I had also recently drove, and my own Thor Palazzo DP.
I'm sure that their DPs are as quality, though every manufacturer has issues from time to time, even the top-of-the-line boys.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #17

404rb

just saw your post-I bought 2016 coachman sports coach crosscountry 404rb mar of 2016-put 6000 miles and 5 trips and love ours. when open spacious, took whole family(7) to galveston and had plenty of room-a/c worked good and bunk beds kids loved. I put at 65 on cruise control and get 9.3 mpg . a few small problems that have been fixed. Bought ours from mhsrv in alvorado tx-no one could touch the price. retiring in 2 weeks and plan on using ours a lot in 2017.
msbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbaker View Post
just saw your post-I bought 2016 coachman sports coach crosscountry 404rb mar of 2016-put 6000 miles and 5 trips and love ours. when open spacious, took whole family(7) to galveston and had plenty of room-a/c worked good and bunk beds kids loved. I put at 65 on cruise control and get 9.3 mpg . a few small problems that have been fixed. Bought ours from mhsrv in alvorado tx-no one could touch the price. retiring in 2 weeks and plan on using ours a lot in 2017.

even though there a cheaply built entry level diesel pusher you just can not beat the price on this unit @ under 190K in this day and age is almost hard to believe
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:05 PM   #19

Come on select55, "cheaply built entry level diesel pusher"? The 400 series of Coachman SportsCoach is their top of the line flagship coach! They are building coaches today, I mean right now today, that may just become the envy of all that is diesel pusher.

I know of no other coach that can stand up to the 400 series within $30,000.00. It's also one of the few coaches that publishes the "R" factor of roof, floor and sidewalls. And the Azdel composite sidewalls puts it into a category by itself!

New 400's are also now available with the 360 HP Cummins paired with the Allison 3000 transmission making it an absolute standout! Although I think you'll find owners with the 340 HP will tell you it is well powered.

They have made some serious changes for 2017.5 including a big change to the front cap with a slide out generator. A lot of good stuff going on with the SportsCoach. Come on select55, you're not in Kansas anymore!

A "cheaply built entry level diesel pusher"?, I THINK NOT!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen