Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #1

Coachmen Cross Country 404RB

I'm new to the forum ao hopefully not violating any rules. We are very close to purchasing a Cross Country 404rb model. Wondering if anyone out there has one and any opinion on the good or bad about them. They are very new models in that line (2013 or 2014), no used ones available yet, so probably not a whole lot of info out there but any feedback would be very helpful to me. Thanks much.
MikeOller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOller View Post
I'm new to the forum ao hopefully not violating any rules. We are very close to purchasing a Cross Country 404rb model. Wondering if anyone out there has one and any opinion on the good or bad about them. They are very new models in that line (2013 or 2014), no used ones available yet, so probably not a whole lot of info out there but any feedback would be very helpful to me. Thanks much.
cant say about 2013/4 but 2010/11 are cheap entry model pushers u get what u pay for
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
cant say about 2013/4 but 2010/11 are cheap entry model pushers u get what u pay for

That's quite tacky. If there is a personal experience that makes you say that, please explain further. Not everyone is going to dish out the bucks for a Prevost, even if they've afford one. So, just a flat statement like above does not help the OP. IMO
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #4

I have a 2007 Crosscountry that I have been really pleased with and I would by another one. I have driven new Crosscountrys to shows for a local dealer and they are well made.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #5

thanks for the feedback
Old 07-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #6

I have a 2013 Cross Country 385 DS that we love!

As far as the statement "entry level, you get what you pay for...blah blah blah".

Our Coach came with ceramic tile floors, king size Sleep Number bed, 8kw Gen, 40 inch outside entertainment center, slide out storage tray, Magnum power management system, power awning and power shades... And a host of other goodies. Is it a Prevost? Nope... But it does everything a Prevost does at about 1/5th the cost!

Let me know if you have questions, i'd be happy to answer what i can!

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #7

Thanks Mal, I'm with you on your comments - one question regarding yours; I am assuming that the 385 and the 404 are pretty close if not the exact same frame/chassis/engine...Is your coach stable with steering or have you needed to add a stablizer to the front or back? I've not heard any problems but seems all coaches drive a little different. Even with my "entry level" coach it's still a bunch of money and i want to get it as right as i can.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #8

We have not had to add any type of steering stablizer, front or rear.

My rig goes straight down the road. Set the cruise at 65 and it just goes... Even towing my wife's Tahoe. 10 mpg to boot!

One issue I did have when it was new, there was a wire loom hanging down and rubbing the driveshaft. Rubbing through, it was causing all sorts of Warning lights and issues. Tow truck driver found it when he pulled the driveshaft to tow it to Freightliner. Be very thorough with your PDI!

Goos luck and keep me posted!
Mal!
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #9

I am looking at a 2013 Sportscoach Pathfinder 404RB, is that the same coach that you are talking about. (Coachmen Cross Country 404RB)
cfusselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusselman View Post
I am looking at a 2013 Sportscoach Pathfinder 404RB, is that the same coach that you are talking about. (Coachmen Cross Country 404RB)
Pretty close, same family, the Pathfinder is the step up from the Cross Country 404rb, but the same floor layout...i like the pathfinder too but it's about a 40k upgrade over the cross country
Old 08-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #11

I have a 2013 405FK I have had numerous problems to many to list. Just to give you an example going back again for a third problem with the same air conditioner. I have had the coach for a little over a year and I will bet it has been at the dealers longer than I have had it.
no problems with the chaise just seems to be Coachmen. I have noticed that they change part vendors a lot so sometimes getting the parts to match the style on the coach seems to be a problem.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Thanks for the comments!!

We are thinking about buying a 2015 Cross Country 404RB also because we love the layout!! It has a Cummin's 340HP ISB....how is this engine and is it big enough? It may be entry level but it sure does not look like it!! ALL comments appreciated!!

Clyde
Festus, MO
cmlintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #13

Pathfinder 404rb

We did end up buying a 2014 Pathfinder Elite 404rb, same floor plan as the Coachmen 404rb, and we love it. The main exception beyond cosmetics is the PAthfinder has the 400hp engine. It is awesome, have had it about 3 months, logged several thousand miles in about 3 trips. Toe in the water so far and we have many more miles to go before I would say the bugs are worked out, but ours has been excellent so far. Some issues that are mostly cosmetic, but nothing with the drive train yet. The pathfinder has about 5,000 pounds more then the coachmen so i do appreciate the more powerful engine. I did test drive another coach, 38' that had the 340hp and i thought it struggled a bit, but i may have been mentally comparing to the 400hp subconciously. I'm very happy with the 400 so far. Good luck with you decision.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #14

We just purchased a 2016 Sportscoach Cross Country 404rb and love it. We had a couple of issues resolved through a local Freightliner service center. All work was covered through the warranty. We are currently having a slide issue but we will eventually it will get resolved. The slide is not balanced properly and uneven on both sides. But, it has not hindered our traveling. This coach is awesome. This is our 3rd and hopefully our last motorhome. We get 10 miles/gallon with towing. It has minimal drag towing uphill. The coach is exactly what we wanted. We feel the quality is included. We are thrilled with our Sleep Number king bed, the appliances, rear bathroom and the kitchen area. The front seats, couches and dinette are comfortable. The only complaints we have are the storage space inside and the floor. We have the hidden bunks which normally have cabinets. We miss as the cabinets from our previous coach. We just need to be creative with storage and not pack too much. We would have preferred a different floor...we have white, big-sized tile and would have preferred a pergo-type flooring. The outside storage is a step up for us and we really appreciate the slide-out storage tray. The paint is beautiful and the ride is decent despite the poor roads. We would recommend this coach to anyone.
Sunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen