Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #29

I have a 2004 Coachman cross country that has 59000 miles on it
jmtoth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Bauernfeind Send a message via Yahoo to Bauernfeind Send a message via Skype™ to Bauernfeind
Bed Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Z View Post
My mistake , sorry. and good luck with your w 24. You definitely have a unique one
George, As an Epic owner you may have had this issue before ... while replacing a bulb in the overhead 12v reading lights controlled by a wall switch not only the other ceiling reading light went out but the two little coach lights right next to the bed went as well. I cannot find a fuze out or another switch anywhere. I pulled the lights and the switch to check for voltage and there is none? Any thoughts on where to go next?
Bauernfeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #31

Texas Boomers Club
Angry 2014 Freedom Express Anniv. Edition 297RLDS wet

After maiden voyage through a rain storm, we discovered a flimsy door sweep allowed water from the tires to enter under the slide to flood our LR,bathroom and bedroom. Coachman puts a flimsy 1" door sweep (like you can buy at Home Depot) along the bottom of the slide to seal it. When the slide is out the sweep is leaning out which is good. However when you put the slide in, it pulls the rubber sweep in towards the inside of RV and allows a lot of the water kicked up from the wheels to enter the RV. Very poor design. Repair center says "well, that's the way it's made". Ya think? What a revelation. I am working with Coachman. Just sayin' Heads up Freedom Express buyers.
Philco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #32

I have a 2003 Coachman Rendezvous f53. Have had a lot of slide problems mostly alignment going in. Engine and drivetrain no problems, we travel a about 4,000 miles each year, bought 4 years ago. We pull a car dollie with a 2003VW beetle for toad. I do 95% of my own repair s as being retired can't afford $100++ for labor. Have done all my own service work, including the rebuild of the kwicky electric step, complete replacement of main awning due to major wind damage, etc etc. Do wish I was still in my 60s at 71 I need to round up extra help for things just a few short years ago would have been no problem. Happy Motoring, we spend approx 6 months a year in our M H love it.
MikeMerru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #33

The long slide on my 2004 Coachman cross country comes out about 1 inch when driving. I purchased a adjustable bar and put it on the inside and that makes it stay in place
jmtoth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:37 AM   #34

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2005 Sportscoach Encore. Has anybody tried ordering parts? I'm looking to replace my headlight assemblies. They were fogged over when I bought it. I tried cleaning them but they just need to be replaced. I don't know where to start looking with it's age. The last time I called the new Coachmen they were not able to help me.

I also have issues with my wipers. They don't seem to lay flat enough on the windshield to wipe the rain away. I've replaced the blades with no success.
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:47 AM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Your headlights should have some numbers and letters stamped on the lower edge . Google them and you should find replacements as they are usually over runs of an earlier produced car or truck.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:25 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
I have a 2005 Sportscoach Encore. Has anybody tried ordering parts? I'm looking to replace my headlight assemblies. They were fogged over when I bought it. I tried cleaning them but they just need to be replaced. I don't know where to start looking with it's age. The last time I called the new Coachmen they were not able to help me.

I also have issues with my wipers. They don't seem to lay flat enough on the windshield to wipe the rain away. I've replaced the blades with no success.
Before you replace them you might want to call Headlight Doctor. I used them here in Richmond area and for around $100, they sanded down the yellow off my headlights and sprayed a clear coating over them. They look like brand new and are guaranteed for life. PM me if you want the number of the person I used.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:33 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
2001 Coachman Mirada.

I used a small bottle of polish, Headlifght Lens Restorer ($6). clean the yellow off, looks like new. If they are real bad, use #1000 sand paper.

I keep a blog of maintenance and other issues I deal with.

2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB | 2001 Ford F53 6.8L V10

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HeadlightLensPolish_600.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	137624  
Attached Images

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:06 AM   #38

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. I have used the restore kits in the past and it did ok. Found out my headlights are from 00-03 Nissan Sentra. Found some on ebay for $75 for the set. They look to be the same, I'll see once they arrive. Thanks again everyone.
Ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #39

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How do I find out what kind of wall construction was used building my 2006 class c Coachmen Freedom 314 SO ?
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagamore View Post
How do I find out what kind of wall construction was used building my 2006 class c Coachmen Freedom 314 SO ?

You can probably see quite a bit by removing outlets and switch boxes. Also look around the appliance openings from the outside.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:50 AM   #41

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Georgie Boy 2002 cruise air

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedeleur View Post
I can appreciate the Orphan feeling. As a Georgie Boy owner, we have been shuffled round as well from company to company. I'm trying to find the Georgie Boy place in this forum. Is this where we go?

Robbie
This is as close as I have been able to find!
glenn allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:21 PM   #42

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
'07 Coachmen Sportscoach Legend SC40QS I have a question and I'm going to double post under separate title in new thread... I need to pull a couple panels to get to the dish cables, I'm replacing the old in motion dome with a Dish Travler 1000 and I need access.

It looks like there are partitions between the panels that have to be pried off to get to mounting.. also looks like maybe upper forward right side cabinets might need to come off.. HELP!
SC40QS is offline   Reply With Quote