Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #1

Coachmen Prism 2150

Hello all, I'm looking to purchase my first RV. One of my favorite layouts is in the Coachmen Prism 2150 with the sofa. I am a single person who will be doing mostly long weekend trips with a couple of 1-2 week long trips a year. I live in the Southwest and there are a lot of mountain roads. I will travel with a dog, a cat, an inflatable kayak and a bike. I would like to avoid towing a toad. I believe that I would like the 24-25 ft models with a permanent bed. There is not a Coachmen Prism to look at and test drive within 220 miles of me! I have heard the this model has a lot of sway when driving on the highway. I'd like to hear from some owners on this. Also, is the coach pretty durable? The finishes look nice in the brochure. Any other issues that I may want to know about? Thanks so much for any advice that you can give to me!
kjh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh101 View Post
Hello all, I'm looking to purchase my first RV. One of my favorite layouts is in the Coachmen Prism 2150 with the sofa. I am a single person who will be doing mostly long weekend trips with a couple of 1-2 week long trips a year. I live in the Southwest and there are a lot of mountain roads. I will travel with a dog, a cat, an inflatable kayak and a bike. I would like to avoid towing a toad. I believe that I would like the 24-25 ft models with a permanent bed. There is not a Coachmen Prism to look at and test drive within 220 miles of me! I have heard the this model has a lot of sway when driving on the highway. I'd like to hear from some owners on this. Also, is the coach pretty durable? The finishes look nice in the brochure. Any other issues that I may want to know about? Thanks so much for any advice that you can give to me!
Hello: We just purchased a Coachman Prism 24G on the Sprinter Chassis. We have owned "B's" and "B+'s" this is our first "C" (24'10"). Our coach drives wonderful. It has a tight sports car feel with no sway at all and it has been pretty windy here the past couple of months .... and I do most of the driving (wife). We did not want to have to pull a car either. There are two of us and a cat in our Prism. We have a small carrier that we plug into the hitch that carries our snap kayak on the back and we have enough storage inside underneath to fit two folding 22" bikes with a lot of storage left over. We have the queen walk around bed in the rear on a slide and the dual recliner couch in the living area on a slide. We have had the RV since February and have taken a few trips and it has been great ... this one is a keeper and just wish we would have found this one first before our circus of many trades to find the one that was just right. Good luck on finding one. We live in Florida and every one we called about was already sold. We had looked at one several months ago so we knew what they looked like and really liked we saw at the time. We took the chance and bought ours sight unseen and had to wait almost a month to receive it. It was worth it. Good Luck with your search.
carolp495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #3

Thank you!

It's so great to hear that you love your Coachmen. I have just purchased one in Iowa and need to make plans to pick it up. I looked at one closer, but it had a U-shaped dinette instead of the sofa that I wanted. It would have take 10-12 weeks to order the one that I wanted! I'm so excited to go pick this one up. I appreciate your feedback and I wish you happy travels!

Kathryn, Kobi (dog) and Sally (cat)
Old 06-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #4

We're also looking at the 2150 C or the new 24J B+ that doesn't have the bed over the front. Seems like the 24J would ride better but don't like the U dinette. The 24G with the recliner dual sofa was VERY comfortable, but we decided on the more open floor plan of the 2150 or 24J. My question is, anyone know if you can you get the new 24J with a sofa or recliner dual sofa like in the 24G instead of U lounge? U lounge not needed for the 2 of us, and not comfortable for lounging. I can't emphasize enough how comfortable the recliner sofa was in the 24G and we view a lot of RV's.
Also, we just saw that there is a new Coachmen Concord 24RB on a Ford or Chevy instead of diesel. Anyone see this model? Is this out yet,
is that why I don't see any dealers with photos of it? Thanks!
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I am sure if you spoke to Cochran they might be able to switch the dinette for the recliner. I know some other RV companies will do that.
we have the Prism 24G and we have the recliners, they are nice.

QUOTE=cjscotty;2106960]We're also looking at the 2150 C or the new 24J B+ that doesn't have the bed over the front. Seems like the 24J would ride better but don't like the U dinette. The 24G with the recliner dual sofa was VERY comfortable, but we decided on the more open floor plan of the 2150 or 24J. My question is, anyone know if you can you get the new 24J with a sofa or recliner dual sofa like in the 24G instead of U lounge? U lounge not needed for the 2 of us, and not comfortable for lounging. I can't emphasize enough how comfortable the recliner sofa was in the 24G and we view a lot of RV's.
Also, we just saw that there is a new Coachmen Concord 24RB on a Ford or Chevy instead of diesel. Anyone see this model? Is this out yet,
is that why I don't see any dealers with photos of it? Thanks![/QUOTE]
carolp495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:33 AM   #6

Hi all I am looking at a used 2014 prism. I too have experienced the big and the small and am finally looking at small with powerful engine I hope. How is the Mercedes Diesel engine in terms of power? Is it good through the mountains? Is there sway? How is the vehicle in terms of ride quality and is there a great deal of cabin noise while driving? I appreciate any insight.
kdfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:09 PM   #7

Hello,

I have a 2014 Coachmen Prism 2150. I have put over 10,000 miles in it this past year. Much of that time was spent driving at high altitudes and in mountainous terrain. There is plenty of power. At a very steep grade at high altitude, I will slow a little. There is not much sway while driving, but you may experience some sway when parked with a lot of wind or with more than one person aboard. I don't feel that there is that much cabin noise. The visibility is fabulous and the maneuverability is excellent. I love my Prism and would choose it again.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #8

Thank you for that info kjh101. Very helpful to know.
kdfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
What is the size of the LP tank on the 2150LE?
Old 07-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #10

20 gal

Tags
coachmen