Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #1

Cruise control Intermit

Hi guys, just a question. Every now and then my cruise control releases while I'm driving. Does anyone else have this issue or know what could have caused it? Usually it's around 55 miles an hour then all of a sudden it will just release. I'm thinking of vacuum leak. Any advice is appreciated. DoC
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2017, 02:51 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to miraccav
Yep, vacuum leak was my first impression.
miraccav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:25 PM   #3

Could be a sensitive Brake Light Switch. Slight bump could trigger a signal to release cruise. I also had a "Cruise Control Switch" that was sensitive and would drop cruise until I replaced it on my truck.
Any common occurrences to point in a certain direction? Like climbing a hill, hitting bumps, turn signal on or off, downshift or upshift,...?
Eagle2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
What chassis???

Ford had a massive recall on almost their entire product line regarding cruise control issues that causes fires and complete lose of the vehicle.

II don't remember the years but I think it went up to 2004..
If you have an F53 (or other ford) older than 2005 , take your VIN to any ford dealer, they can check to see if this applies to you.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
What chassis???

Ford had a massive recall on almost their entire product line regarding cruise control issues that causes fires and complete lose of the vehicle.

II don't remember the years but I think it went up to 2004..
If you have an F53 (or other ford) older than 2005 , take your VIN to any ford dealer, they can check to see if this applies to you.
It's a 2007 dynamax on a 2006 Ford 450 chassis.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control