Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #1

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Electric step issue

Recently saw a MH on the highway with the electric steps extended. I flagged the driver, but he was aware of the problem. My question is: Is there a manual way to close the steps? Same for slide outs? Or am I just being overly concerned?
RussM311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All depends on Year, Make and Model of RV. Some auto close when engine starts, others require flipping switch, and some are manual hands on ALONG with those that are broken.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #3

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Electronic step issue

Thanks for the response. I am particularly interested in the 2014 Georgetown XL 360. In speaking with the dealer, they stated to just tie it up and get it to a dealer. However, once extended electronically, they cannot tell me how to
relax" the steps in order to tie the steps up.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
Community Administrator

There is a Clevis pin that holds the arms together. Remove it and the steps will flow freely.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #5

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Ahhhhh.... thanks... I will have to get underneath and look.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #6

Russ, have you already taken possession of the XL360?
I've been looking at those myself.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #7

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Xl 360

No Dan, not yet. I have a 2012 Outback that I want to sell first. But the wife and I have been looking at several different "versions" of the XL360. There are different "luxury" levels of the 360 that we have found. And a new one is being shipped in the next few weeks. The new "Black Diamond Editions" are going to be another step up for the entire XL line. We have even found that you can have different shelving in the pantries. LOL And the options sheet from FR is not always complete.

After looking at several different floor plans and options, the XL360 seems to be the perfect MH for us. Spacious interior, plenty of storage, large frig, king bed (LOL), the double gray and black water capacity, option of extra batteries are all pluses. I had originally "decided" on the XL378, but the 65 lb boxer who lives with us wants the king bed so he can stretch out more.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #8

Russ, thanks for the detailed info. Yes I have noticed the different levels of luxury. The Black Diamond doesn't appear to be in stock anywhere yet. We looked at only one unit.
The killer of the deal was that we had to turn sideways to walk past the end of the bed. Not sure if that's going to be the case with all of them.
Other than that bedroom thing, we like the rest of it including the things that you mentioned.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #9

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Dan,

We don't remember having to turn sideways to get past the bed. Was the unit you looked at new? Or could someone have switched the bed? Our local dealer has a Black Diamond Edition 360 on his due in list.... I can't wait to see it. Dollar for dollar, I have found that RVDirect has the best price... but I would have to travel a good distance for delivery. Thinking about that.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #10

Russ, we just looked at that one NEW unit. Maybe the mattress was slipped down or something because I can't imagine them all being that way. I think we'll go look at it again tomorrow. Our local dealer is MHSRV in Alvarado And normally has very good prices, but for some reason they don't discount the Georgetown as much as others. I did look at RVdirect and it was at least 10,000 dollars less. I almost ordered my last motor home from RVdirect so I may go that way this time for that kind of price difference even though I would travel from Texas to pick it up.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #11

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Dan,

I live in Shreveport, and have considered driving over to see the inventory at MHSRV. Mainly to just see several different floorplans side by side. I have noticed that they area little above average on the Georgetowns... no idea why that would happen. If you run the RVTrader site, you can look at all MH's in a certain brand all across the country... just have to filter the search.

I have spoken with RVDirect several times, and am leaning more and more toward them... not just for price, but overall for their attitude. Still waiting to see the Black Diamond Edition... the only pic I have seen is on the MHSRV website. I did price the BDE through RVDirect and it adds about $4K to their price.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #12

Russ, I ended up buying a Berkshire instead of the Georgetown.
Dealers are discounting the 2014 models pretty good plus there is a $10,000 rebate going on until the end of the month.
Could not pass it up for the relatively small amount over the Georgetown.

I did have to go way out of state to find the one I wanted.

What ever you are planning, You might want to speed up your decision.
I understand all of the 2015 models will have a significant price increase.
dan-nickie is offline   Reply With Quote