Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #1

Electrical gremlin

So my wife and I got ready to leave the campground this morning after a 5-day stay, and realized that once I disconnected from the power post, we had no power to any of the stuff controlled by the house batteries. 2016 FR Georgetown GT3. No lights, no power to the slides, even the little LEDs on the control panel that show the tank levels, etc. Nothing.

We hooked back up to the power post long enough to pull the slides in, and drove to the next campground with no problems. But still no power until we plugged into the post here.

Any ideas? Possible fuse or circuit breaker? We've been on the road for 7 months full time now, and never any electrical problems at all. Thanks!
jkbstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2019, 05:16 PM   #2

Batteries are not charging. Check (remove, clean, reinstall) the house battery terminals/cables. Meter battery voltage. Plug shore power back in, meter to see if converter/inverter is supplying voltage to batteries. IF it is, let it charge several hours. Stop charging, meter battery voltage. Wait a couple hours, meter again.

Let us know what you find.

If these are original house batteries it's likely they're at the end of their life span. Make sure the charging circuit is working before replacing them.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #3

OE battery? Very possibly dead. When is the last time you checked water level?
Thwre is a main 12V fuse close to the house battery. They have been known to blow.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:08 PM   #4

Turn on the battery disconnect switch. Often labeled "Store - Use " and called salesman switch.

Should be near the door.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:35 PM   #5

Thanks everybody! That gives me a few things to check tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:57 PM   #6

Just a followup to my earlier post... I bit the bullet and called a mobile repair service. The guy crawled around by the house batteries and checked a couple of things and managed to get it working again. Not sure what kind of electrical voodoo he performed, but we're good for now. He did say that the batteries are close to the end of their life cycle and I should put that in my sooner-rather-than-later budget. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Tags
electric, electrical