Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Roll, that is not always normal, there will be some draw from large trucks & each MH reacts differently from what i read here. I would suspect that it will get much better after an allignment. There are suspension upgrades that can be added if need be, but with your MH being new I would have the dealer chase it with a good allignment then rebalance of the tires if that didn't fix it. My 2004 34 1/2' class A gasser barely moves when large trucks pass me. No suspension upgrades that I know of, I bought it used with 7600miles. I have rear airbag suspension that I think is standard equipment & tube shocks in the front.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #30

I just be came an irv2 member. Looks like a great resource for rv'ers. We are also 1st time rv'ers. We just passed our one year anniversay and put 10K miles on Georgetown Model 330. We experienced the typical front end alignment issue and are working towards closeout on our 1 year warranty items. Flooring is the main open issue with tears resulting from slideout rollers.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #31

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Am I the only one with a Sierra?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #32

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Same problem here. 2011 encounter 37 TZ and on the drive home it wandered all over the road; also steering wheel has to be in the right turn position to drive straight down the highway. I think I'll chase an alighment right away.

Large trucks passing me push me off the road and then pull me in as they complete the pass. This is normal I guess?

Roll
Several Georgetowns came with bad allignments.
especially the 378 models. Forest River realligned mine at the Ford dealer and it tracked much better after that. We added a Safe-T stablizer and that corrected the wandering due to the worn roads. Our steering wheel was off too and it can be corrected while your having it alligned.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #33

Send a message via Skype™ to PSIDAVE
Thumbs up

Well we finally did it. My Bride and I have made the plunge, one that we thought we never could do. We are newbies at Rv'ing, just purchased a 2005 Charleston. It is a bit overwhelming but we are looking forward to showing our country to the grand-children.

Dave & Jan
Duncanville, AL
2005 Charleston
Old 05-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #34

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Jan View Post
Well we finally did it. My Bride and I have made the plunge, one that we thought we never could do. We are newbies at Rv'ing, just purchased a 2005 Charleston. It is a bit overwhelming but we are looking forward to showing our country to the grand-children.

Dave & Jan
Duncanville, AL
2005 Charleston
Hope you and the grandchildren have the time of your life!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #35

Rockwood vs Flagstaff

Hello everyone we are looking for input about the Rockwood 8315bss and the Flagstaff 831fksbs TT. To us they look identical but would any information as to difference, quality, etc. Thank you, Lynn
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 AM   #36

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does any one know if the Blue Ridge 2950RK is short box friendly?
Subaru Outback, Cricket SW3
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
Am I the only one with a Sierra?
I don't know about that but I'm the only one with a Spinnaker....
Old 02-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #38

Left one off, Crusader 5th Wheel Units....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Forest River Inc is the parent company for many brands of recreational vehicles. In recent years they have expanded their lines and most recently acquired Coachman industries. Continually growing, Forest River operates multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the mid-west and west coast.

Check out their extensive website for regular updates and info about their wide line of products and service.

Here is a current list of their family of brands:
Coachman
Forest River
Cardinal
Cedar Creek
Cherokee
Salem
Sandpiper
Sierra
V-Cross
Wildcat
Wildwood
Flagstaff
Rockwood
r.pod
Surveyor
Shamrock

Motorhomes:
Berkshire
Charleston
Tsunami
Georgetown
Forester
Sunseeker
Lexington
Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #39

they might be expanding but you need to really watch this companies quality. I know I will never buy one of their units. Had to redo too many things to get my unit on the road after all the tires and clean up the saw oust and on and on .
Old 02-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #40

pROBLEMS

I can probably fill a book on what has happened to us since our 5th Wheelo Crusader back in November 2011. We have owned it since then, used it one time, just got it out of the dealership from a Jan. 3rd, 2012. Problems, I've got a list of things that have been either replaced or repaired, no replaced, they don't repair anything...send me your email address and I will contact you..thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
they might be expanding but you need to really watch this companies quality. I know I will never buy one of their units. Had to redo too many things to get my unit on the road after all the tires and clean up the saw oust and on and on .
Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Forest River Inc is the parent company for many brands of recreational vehicles. In recent years they have expanded their lines and most recently acquired Coachman industries. Continually growing, Forest River operates multiple manufacturing facilities throughout the mid-west and west coast.

Check out their extensive website for regular updates and info about their wide line of products and service.

Here is a current list of their family of brands:
Coachman
Forest River
Cardinal
Cedar Creek
Cherokee
Salem
Sandpiper
Sierra
V-Cross
Wildcat
Wildwood
Flagstaff
Rockwood
r.pod
Surveyor
Shamrock

Motorhomes:
Berkshire
Charleston
Tsunami
Georgetown
Forester
Sunseeker
Lexington
You can add Palomino to the list Forest River bought it a few years ago.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
all i got to say is sofar with my 2012 mirada from coachmen/ fr all it has been was nighmears, and trips back to the shop and things not getting done or replaced just bandaids put on it and i get no where with the company or the dealer just started taking it to another dealer futher away and coachmen/fr is still giving a run around and not having it fixed properly at this point contacted a legal person (lawer) as per what the finacal company put me in contact with to remedy this 3 page list of isses, the coach has 4000 miles on it 1500 are just from going to and from the repair shop so i would stay away from/ dont but a fr product and i am at the point where i am ready to walk away from my unit and give up on the whole motor home thing and go back to the travel trailer/ 5th weel life had not one issue with my travel trailer that i traded in on this unit and i had the trailer from new and had it almost 7 years traded it in beacuse a branch fell on it and riped the rubber roof no water damage inside since i patched it right away but it was time i belived to move up to the next step and now i am regreting doing that
Closed Thread