Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #1

Forest River Quality?

New to this forum. Looking at a 2010 Forrest River Georgetown 330ts. Looking for opinions info on Forrest River quality and opinions of this model
Skrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #2

We have had good luck with Forest River and would heartily recommend them. If you read down through this section you will not find a lot of issues with the Forest River motor homes. I think you will be pleased with the quality if you have the same luck with yours that we have had with ours.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:03 PM   #3

Thx for reply. Hoping to pick this unit up in couple weeks if all goes well
Skrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:07 PM   #4

I've had 2 TT's from them and only the problem I ever had was the tongue jack went out. Forest River made it right even though Horizon RV in Lake Park, Ga tried to screw me over.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrver View Post
New to this forum. Looking at a 2010 Forrest River Georgetown 330ts. Looking for opinions info on Forrest River quality and opinions of this model
Do your homework!!!! We bought a brand new 2017 several weeks ago very unhappy with this TT. Go to search for reviews.

I've never seen such bad factory manufacturing in my life. I will not try to unload this on anyone else like the RV dealer and Forest river did us, so we are stuck with it. Called about lemon laws again your on your own.
Pappystoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
I had a Surveyor SV264 Travel Trailer for 4 years. Some of the stuff was of questionable quality but most of it held up. We are meticulous about keeping things clean and fixed, and there was quite a bit of fixing required... but nothing major. After lots of research, we sold it and bought our current trailer. So far there's been much less to fix... but as I said... so far. I wouldn't go back to Forest River, unless it meant not camping anymore...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #7

Google ' top 53 complaints and reviews about coachman RV. We thought of selling it and taking the loss, but then we would be no better than the liars who soid us this rv.

wwwconsumeraffairs.com
Old 03-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
JMHO....we looked at a few, they were really pretty.....but when you dig down and look into quality, things like cabinetry, construction, plastic vs wood, and overall quality they always came up short. Knew a guy who had a nice big Tiffin coach, had lots and lots of trouble with his Aqua Hot, got mad and sold it. Few weeks later bought a new Forest River coach. It sure was glitzy.....wife loved it. He sold it 6 months later.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I had a Surveyor SV264 Travel Trailer for 4 years. Some of the stuff was of questionable quality but most of it held up. We are meticulous about keeping things clean and fixed, and there was quite a bit of fixing required... but nothing major. After lots of research, we sold it and bought our current trailer. So far there's been much less to fix... but as I said... so far. I wouldn't go back to Forest River, unless it meant not camping anymore...
So far we went on 2 trips. 3 days spent in TT.

water pump runs continuously
speakers on radio blown or wiring defect?
screws sticking out that can cut you
water lines spurt air continoulsy
water holding tanks ballon out like wet balloons.
roof has hardly no trusses[found this out on reviews]
lights didn't work til we changed bulbs and still one is dim
under body is not covered so water can penetrate
trim work uneven
sawdust and metal flakes coming out of crevices.

all I can think of for now
Old 03-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Do your homework!!
I saw on another forum and I got to laughing.. "RUN FROM FOREST RUN!!""
Sorry, some people and their creativity is just too funny.....
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I can't speak to the entire FR company, but their diesel division is super !
We have a 2015 Forest River Berkshire and love it.
The FEW problems we had with it (all minor) were fixed by the same crews that build them at the yearly FROG rally put on by Forest River. I've seen them repair campers way out of warranty for FREE ! For an entire week they ride around on golf carts all over the place fixing things free. They shut down the factory to do this.
I cannot think of ANY complaints I have about Forest River.

But hey, that's just me.... (and a ton of other folks if you go read posts on the Forest River Forum).

Good luck in your decision,
Ken
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #12

With all the extras we had to have and the so called solar ready bull, we have about $19,000 in something we will have to rebuild from top to bottom or I just hope the damn thing doesn't come off the frame or plastic walls don't blow off going down the road like one of the of them did in one of the reviews. and with all its workmanship problems that seems to be a possibility.

We are to blame too for not doing our homework, thinking that if something is new it is ok. Well not anymore.

Don't be sorry be wise.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
I can't speak to the entire FR company, but their diesel division is super !
We have a 2015 Forest River Berkshire and love it.
The FEW problems we had with it (all minor) were fixed by the same crews that build them at the yearly FROG rally put on by Forest River. I've seen them repair campers way out of warranty for FREE ! For an entire week they ride around on golf carts all over the place fixing things free. They shut down the factory to do this.
I cannot think of ANY complaints I have about Forest River.

But hey, that's just me.... (and a ton of other folks if you go read posts on the Forest River Forum).

Good luck in your decision,
Ken
That is great glad for you. Yours must have been made on a day the inspector was there. Did you read the reviews on consumer affairs on these RVs? You are a very lucky person according to them. A one in a million so to speak.

Right now I'm very unhappy camper so nothing personal.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #14

Ironic the ONLY reason we bought new is because we didn't want anyone elses problems to deal with.

Tags
quality