Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #1

Forester by Forest River

Hi,all. My wife and I bought a new 2019 3271sf. We have had numerous problems from the day we bought it. Besides being in the shop numerous times including the the RV being in the shop the whole month of March doing repairs. The dealer had it for 2 weeks the end of June. We still are having the same reoccurring problems. We have driven hundreds of miles to get it back to the dealer for repairs. No one wants to do warranty work on an RV they didn't sell you or tell you it will be 2 to 4 months before they could get to it. We have a couple of months before our 1 year warranty is out. The manufacturer of the class c said they wouldn't leave us hanging if the warranty has expired with on going issues. I guess my question is how many times is an average number of times being in the shop for repairs? We have spent hundreds of dollars if not thousands of dollars on gas, food and lodging on these trips. We still have to take it back in September to have more issues looked into. This puts a bad taste in a newbes mouth on the adventures of rving. Any comments or ideas anyone have out there? Thanks for listening.
Stevemarshia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2019, 07:06 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Forest River has a reputation of building a less than quality coach. We too had a FR product and even went so far as to return to the factory in Elkhart. Having a dealer you did not buy the rig at hesitate to work on it is very common. Our best day of RVing was the day we sold it and moved into our new Tiffin.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #3

You might try a different forum, such as Forest River Forum....same company owns both forums.....Frog Bob would be who to contact on that forum.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #4

You may want to consider contacting FR and see if they have a factory service center and maybe plan a trip to Elkhart and get everything right at one sitting.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I don't think Forest River has the market cornered on lesser quality. Every builder sends stuff out the factory door with issues. It's just that FR being the largest producer of RV's so by volume, they'll have more problems.

Dealer service can be hit or miss. Some are better than others. And even then, they are at the mercy of parts availability. I've waited nearly a month for parts to come in.

A lot of members prefer to go back to their factories for warranty & post-warranty work because it's reported the factory techs are more qualified to fix what they built. If Red Bay weren't so far away & us with limited vacation time (RB doesn't take appointments), I'd sure give the Tiffin factory a shot at addressing my fix-it list.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I hate to pile on Forest River, but we traded our 2-year old Forester due to the ever mounting problems we experienced. We felt glad to not have to keep dealing with it.

It’s true that no brands are immune to these issues, but RVs that start out with better quality do better over the long haul.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:57 PM   #7

People buy what they can afford.....
Old 07-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #8

just for the record, have been very happy with my Forest River Forester Class C. In first couple of months had 4 or 5 minor (very) warranty issues and dealer handled them in one trip without question and did very well.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:04 PM   #9

Sorry but we are also in the group of never own another FR product ever again. We bought a FR 5th wheel and absolutely hated it because of the dealer support and then FR support. Disappointed in the whole thing enough I vowed to never do business with them again.

Bought a Newmar coach and we're loving it.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #10

Big difference in price....
Old 07-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
My FR Sunseeker has been ok

The only problems I have had were cracked paint on the seam above the cab and one closet slide motor failed after about 70 cycles. I like my rv but agree the quality could be improved upon.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
People buy what they can afford.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
just for the record, have been very happy with my Forest River Forester Class C. In first couple of months had 4 or 5 minor (very) warranty issues and dealer handled them in one trip without question and did very well.
Our Sunseeker was the best MH we could afford when we retired. Yes there have been problems-all very minor-all I handled myself. We bought from a dealer 2 1/2 hrs away so I doubted we'd be bringing it back. Found a few independant rv repair shops in my area before I bought so we were covered. Saved enough from prices local dealer quoted so even if something happened we had money set to pay for it if FR wouldn't cover it. Given the reputation the local dealer had for repairs just as glad I didn't buy from them. I would definitely consider buying FR again but totally happy right now with my MH
Definitely join the FR Owners Forum
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #13

I know this is old but I just saw it. our freedom express 246 rks has been fine. when we bought it the screws holding the table top to the frame were all stripped out but they sent us a whole new table and frame. also every staple or nail hole was filled by something that left visible smudges but the cabinetry and mechanical systems have all been good. we are on our third year owning it.
runamuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river