RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #1

Georgie Boy relays

Hi all. I originally posted a question on the Ford Chassis forum since my GB is on a Ford chassis, but it may be better if someone is familiar with the Georgie Boy so I am reposting here.

I have a 2000 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3515 DBL SL on a Ford F53 chassis. The Ford fuse block on the drivers side has three identical relays across the top of the block. The left and right ones are for the left and right turn signals. I am trying to determine what the middle one is for. The F53 manual fuse block diagram labels it "dome". I am not sure I have any "dome lights" in the traditional open the door and light comes on sort of light. Does anyone know what GB normally ran through this relay if anything?
Thanks

DannyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
That should be the Ford Chassis Fuse panel wiring,. . The Georgie Boy wiring is on page 15 of the manual. Owners Manuals - Coachmen RV My drawing shows Ford Automotive Panel located inside on Drivers side, Workhouse on Firewall and Freightliner compartment below drivers seat.
(Same rats nest diagram for my Landau Diesel...)

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #3

Thanks. I have that diagram. If you notice on the left side of the diagram is a rectangle representing the "Automotive Fuse Panel". I am trying to find the details of the wiring in and out of that panel.
DannyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
I believe that wiring and layout is done by FORD. I have separate wiring diagrams from Freightliner that describe/label the fuses and relays in their specific panel. GeorgieBoy ties into that panel but it's the chassis manufacturers wiring..
Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #5

Hooligan, I have a 2000 Pursuit 3512 and recently my rig has developed an electrical problem in which the internal lighting does not work unless I am plugged into shore power - converter on. The feed from the converter connects to the top terminal block and with the converter on, I have 12V on both sides of the terminal block, but with the converter off, I have 12V only on the relay side. On the right side of the drawing that you posted, what are those things that look like a terminal block? That terminal connection seems to be blocking the circuit from the house batteries back to the internal lighting fuse panel and converter.
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Those are self resetting circuit breakers. The labels correspond to the chart on the upper left of the diagram. The top breaker is "C" and is shown as 50 amp rating.
If your Battery disconnect switch is off, your 12 volt circuits will not work. My switch is just inside the entry door.
In that diagram, the relay marked "A" is the Aux battery disconnect relay, operated by that switch. It's the lower relay on the left.
The generator also connects to that relay. You should hear the relay if it works..
Old 07-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #7

Thanks for the reply. Today I looked at the top circuit breaker marked "C" and found that the breaker had popped. There is a push button on the side of the circuit breaker. I pushed it back in and heard it snap into place and now my 12V system is working correctly. If it's supposed to be self resetting then I probably need to replace it cuz it didn't reset on its own. I can't count the number of hours I have spent tracing circuits. Thanks
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
My error. I had been told they were automatic reset breakers. Just looked them up, the ones with the black button are manual reset. (all of mine)
They are SHORTSTOP F21 breakers and do have manual and automatic versions.
Shortstop Mini Breakers - Circuit Breakers - Power

Thanks for the update.... and Welcome to IRV2

Tags
georgie boy, relays