Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #1

Leveling Issue

We have a 2016 Sportscoach 404rb. The driver side front is always lower than the other jacks. I talking 1-2” lower. Cannot hear a leak and it is this way when the auto system says it is level. Just out of manufacturer’s warranty as we purchase unit new in May 2017. Problem just started occurring in last two months. Anyone have same problem or a solution?
Whosonfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #2

Have you checked the manual for a calibration procedure?
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #3

Leveling

Trying to get a manual as one was not in the RV when we purchased it.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #4

I'd start by calling or emailing Coachmen:

Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

Often the "Manual" is an envelope of paperwork from various manufacturers who made the components in the RV. A lot of that is on line if you know the make and model number. I'd ask Coachmen to at least tell me what they could about the make and model of your leveling system. They might have a link to the manual. If all that fails and nobody else has a useful comment then it's time to look around for any maker data on the system. Unfortunately that probably means crawling under as well as looking at the control pad.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:29 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I would call the leveling system manufacturer. There should be a label on one on the components if not the control panel.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:37 AM   #6

Leveling

We found a couple of you tube videos. Now just getting organized to do it with a 6’*level on a fairly level surface. Also ordered a manual so I will know what to do next time.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #7

You need the LCI manual. You will find the instructions on how to set it up on page 10.
zanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #8

We found auto leveling problematic. Have you tried to do it manually?

The procedure is simple and you'll get the best setting at the lowest point time after time.

Just remember to set front jacks down first, then rear jacks, then make small adjustments front to rear or side to side until your bubbles are satisfactory.

After resetting out auto system twice, I gave up on the auto mode and never looked back. Half the time the auto mode would raise a wheel off the ground and you don't want that. The trouble with auto is it just keeps moving up at each end or side over and over until it thinks it has a level result. You don't need to be a foot up in the air to get level, (well if you do, move the coach or get another spot).

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #9

I have an older Sportscoach Crosscountry, My jacks are Manf. by Power Gear and you can find manuals on their website.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling