RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #1

Looking for Forest River 328TS Thoughts

Hello,
Newbie here. We are in the market for our first gas Class A unit. Almost bought a Thor Hurricane but the wife is interested in going up 1 notch from an entry level coach. I saw the 328TS online but have never been inside one. First I verifying that Forest River is a step up from "entry level", it sure seems so from the pictures. Also curious how the quality of Forest River / Georgetown is versus other brands. Lastly, if there are any other coaches you feel I should be looking at in the 30-32 foot gas range, please feel free to advise.
Thanks in advance,
Gary

mrdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #2

That's basically the same coach we have except our is longer with bunk beds. As far as quality, every coach is going to have issues especially the first year. Ours appears to be very well built as far as structure goes along with the inside. We've had two major issues right off the bat. One was the fact that they never installed the residential refrigerator inverter at the factory and it made it all the way to the dealer and our house without one. I had to contact FR and they eventually sent me one. The other issue was the fact that most of the cable/TV coax were mixed up and some were not built properly. Again, this was lack of QA at the factory. I 'm a DIYer and ended up fixing it myself. Other than that, some folk have had to get their wheels aligned because it was not done at the factory. Ours seems to ride pretty good, but we are not taking any chances on premature wear on the tires and will be contacting FR to get them to approve a 4 wheel alignment. Everything inside seems to be good quality stuff for the exception of the radio/DVD/Speakers. They installed a horrible radio/DVD and the speakers are cheap China junk. We ended up getting our entry-level Class A for ~25% off MSRP and are very happy with it.

al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #3

Hi we own this one and took it on its first trip for 5 weeks Dec/Jan. I would say the Georgetown and Hurricane are on the same level. We loved the Georgetown layout and the room we got with the two opposing slides. It is amazingly comfortable. The problems we had (and this board helped us enormously) were 1. The jacks wouldn't come down but that was resolved. 2. Our 2 overhead dinette lights stopped working and we have no idea how to get to them. There were and are little things we will address when we bring it into the dealer. There is no curtain over the door. Not sure how that is possible. We didn't notice it but we think it must have been a factory mistake and overlooked. Little things like nails sticking out from under the passenger side dash. I was able to stuff a pillow underneath in case our dogs roamed around.

All in all we love the unit. If we had more money, now that I've used it I would get a 1/2 bath and a larger bedroom. As others say it's a great price point (I think that is the expression.) When we were looking (trading up from trailers) people told us that unless we got into the $200,000 range they are all pretty much similar so go for the layout. The only thing is to make sure about everything before you leave the dealer. We had a tour of hours and hours but still didn't know there was a clock in the control panel. Also we can't see our toad at night. I don't know if that is the way these work or not and we thought i could speak and my husband would hear me from outside but not vice versa but in fact he can't hear me. Again something we didn't test. So in summary go for the layout.

Georgetown 328TS Class A 2010 Toyota Corolla
joannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #4

Are you aware that the 328DS is NOT a 30-32' coach...it is 34'4" ...just checking based on your comments. MHSRV in Texas has a number of them VERY fully loaded with stuff for $89.9K on line ...just as a reference for the discount off mfr. list price which is over 30%... that may affect your budgeting!
I have been shopping for a 280DS myself and find the quality to be a big step up from their FR3 line in terms of interior ameneties and the Ford F53 chassis is a staple in the industry so. The fiberglass roof is a + for me as well.
Other models in the size range we have looked at and liked are the Newmar Baystar 3124, the Tiffin Allegro 31SA and the Winnebago/Itasca Vista/Sunstar 30T. All of these will come in $10k -20k or more higher than the Georgetown I think... and are probably worth the much of the differentials if your budget will stand it and you like something more. Happy hunting!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #5

It is 34' for the OP but my husband was really nervous and wanted to go smaller. I wanted to go bigger so we compromised and he was fine. Nervous at times on narrow roads but he did really well from MA to FL and back.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just purchased a 2015 Forest River Georgetown 378 XLF. Beautiful layout and excellent décor.
PHILIPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #7

More problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannel View Post
It is 34' for the OP but my husband was really nervous and wanted to go smaller. I wanted to go bigger so we compromised and he was fine. Nervous at times on narrow roads but he did really well from MA to FL and back.
We have had more problems with this unit. I cannot imagine other brands with so many problems. This trip to Newfoundland - steps broke, problem with a slide, the front a/c is so noisy we can't use it, the antenna doesn't work - no TV, the fresh water is draining out and we have no fresh water! I would not recommend this unit.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:13 AM   #8

Any updates?? So far water siphons from fresh tank fill had to get a on off adapter Black tank flush valve installed backwards. Steps broke. Cook top discolered fire rings were installed cocked and burned up some wiring. Rear furnace made howling sounds and tech said don't use it till parts come in. Something wasn't installed at factory. Door needs alignment. Dealer had it a week says needs to order parts. Could be 3 or 4 weeks for them to come in. I did do the CHF and have ordered rear trak bar and safetplus. Hopefully to make driving better. I did install the 5 star tune. Makes driving better. Wow.

K3wtf is offline   Reply With Quote