RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #1

Lost my kitchen sink!

This past weekend while washing dishes in my brand new 2019 Forest River 2511S Rockwood Mini Lite, the under mount stainless steel sink suddenly broke away from the thin/scant line of glue that was hold it to the underside of the counters. I was shocked! The next day after deciding to cut the camping adventure short (the sight of the broken sink just sickened me) I noticed that the pantry bottom shelf had fallen down! (Please see attached photos). I had just gotten the RV back from service for a clogged shower head!

I canít help but wonder what kind of quality control is done at the factory and if anyone else had the sink problem?

Patty1161
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2678.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	242420   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2681.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	242421  

Patty1161 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #2

Quality control--new RV,

Welcome to the "real world" of modern RV quality standards.

They look nice, they go down the road (sometimes), you go back to the dealer/mfg and they don't know you.
As you, I and others have experienced the lack of quality control standards of today's RV industry, one only hopes your problems are resolved quickly, pleasantly and to your satisfaction.

PS: if it were not for glue and staples there wouldn't be any quality control at all!!
Cheers

retnasaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #3

Floor jockey
"Dang it....I should have gotten another tube of glue. Should be enough for this last sink for today. I'm not about to go get any more.....time IS money.
Besides a little glue here a little glue there...it'll hold until this rig is long gone"
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #4

The first thing I'd do is to call Forest RIver and tell them they quality of their workmanship leaves a lot be desired. Then take it back to the dealer you purchased it from and stand on the Service Managers Desk and demand that it be fixed (the right way)
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #5

It happens, take it back in and they'll fix it. Might have to leave it several weeks, but they'll take care of it. That one is kinda obvious as a warranty item.

My firs thought about this when seeing the title was Geez, how deep can one let their grass grow to be able to loose a kitchen sink? Then I remember that I actually have an rv kitchen sink laying in some grass by the shop door that I need to haul off. Hope the grass hasn't covered it up by now.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
The first thing I'd do is to call Forest RIver and tell them they quality of their workmanship leaves a lot be desired. Then take it back to the dealer you purchased it from and stand on the Service Managers Desk and demand that it be fixed (the right way)
my husband sent Forest River an email via the online contact, however, no reply. It is in service and do hope to have it back by our next scheduled trip. The last service only took 4 days, hope that holds true this time!
Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Floor jockey
"Dang it....I should have gotten another tube of glue. Should be enough for this last sink for today. I'm not about to go get any more.....time IS money.
Besides a little glue here a little glue there...it'll hold until this rig is long gone"

How about---

Lunch break is over, now where did I leave off?

Forest River "customer care" leaves much to be desired!!!

Cheers
Old 04-18-2019, 06:25 AM   #8

I think it was mentioned before, but that type of sink is made to drop in from the top, not glued in from the bottom. Even glued, it would need some supports underneath to hold it.
Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #9

Unhappy Patty1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahall View Post
I think it was mentioned before, but that type of sink is made to drop in from the top, not glued in from the bottom. Even glued, it would need some supports underneath to hold it.
Thank you for your input. It is at the service shop now. My husband checked and there were no brackets anywhere. Iím waiting too see what the service tech tells me.
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty1161 View Post
Thank you for your input. It is at the service shop now. My husband checked and there were no brackets anywhere. Iím waiting too see what the service tech tells me.

Patty1161:

Would be curious to know if it was repaired, to your complete satisfaction, by the dealer and did Forest River give you any satisfaction?

Cheers
Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM   #11

Still awaiting diagnosis review by an authorized dealer/service tech. Forest River still has not responded to my husband’s email regarding the issue. Thank you for your interest. I will update. Was supposed to leave for another camping trip this Sunday so we will see.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM   #12

Looks like the installer skipped installing the retaining clips..probably what the repair shop is going to do after the fact. Factory piece work scale is the root cause.
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #13

Thanks everyone for all your comments and concern (which is a lot more than Forest River since they never even bothered to answer my husband’s email). Just heard from the authorized dealer, they have to order under mount sink clamps and seek approval from Forest River for the repairs, so it may be a few weeks before the repair is complete. The shelf will be repaired. So disappointed since I had to cancel my upcoming camping trip this Sunday. I did send Forest River a second email regarding the update (for what it is worth).