Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2019, 07:29 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mice

So, somebody said Irish Spring will keep mice away? Well, not Ohio mice. They are already getting hungry. Eating the Irish Spring I put on my dog house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4DB383A2-EC06-41BB-B672-F51308D6CD6C.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	265267   Click image for larger version

Name:	0EEE2F01-D28A-4619-9E33-C0A896E6F7B6.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	265268  

Lez8ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #2

Cab Fresh don't work either. I caught a mouse in a trap under the hood next to a bag of Cab Fresh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fresh Cab.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	265269  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:49 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
I’m being a smart guy here, but when I read your post and saw the photo I pictured a mouse with bubbles coming out the other end. Irish spring for mouse problem is now off my list, thanks for the info.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #4

Howdy!

I tried Rish Spring, Fresh Cap, lights and even tried the five gallon bucket thing. The only thing I know that works is a good trap. I use the ones from Tractor supply below with a little peanut butter.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...2?cm_vc=-10005

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:10 PM   #5

Been a war around here this year with squirrels around the house, in the eaves and now they have their sights on our Motorhome. Boiled up a gallon mixture of cayenne pepper, onions and jalepinos. Strained and sprayed all the undersides, wheels, lockers, engine compartment with a garden sprayer.

Will see if this works.

Mice have been an issue in the past and have tried all sorts of things, as mentioned beore the trap is the only sure thing.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:20 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, As for squirrels, we used to have big trouble with them taking one bite of everything growing in our garden. At first we thought it was rabbits but was not. This worked for us. I had a rabbit box trap. The kind made out of wood when you put bait way in the back and the animal walks in and the door closes behind, a live trap. I found that the squirrels were so curious that you didn’t even have to bait it. They would just go in to see what it was. Once caught I would take them about 5 miles away in a Forest area and let them go. After a week or two the ones around us would be gone. Squirrels are territorial I found out so it would take a few months for other squirrels down the block to notice ours were gone, if a new group moved in I trapped them out and out to the woods they went. Solved that problem anyway. Larry Z in Piqua Ohio
Lez8ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:12 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I tried Rish Spring, Fresh Cap, lights and even tried the five gallon bucket thing. The only thing I know that works is a good trap. I use the ones from Tractor supply below with a little peanut butter.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...2?cm_vc=-10005

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon[/QUOTE]

Have you used the electronic mouse trap? It look like a good idea, but does this work>
Old 11-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #8

An old timer at a camp ground last summer told me to use Peppermint oil on cotton balls..

Last year I bought a bottle of pure peppermint oil on Amazon.... I put about ten drops (Comes with an eyedropper) per cotton ball and placed them all throughout the coach, including baggage area. Didn't see signs of any mice and it smells great too!

A friend of mine said he bought a peppermint spray called Rodent sheriff or something like that . Said it worked great for a reoccurring issue in his garage.
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:43 PM   #9

I've had luck with cheap drier sheets from the $ Store. They leave my boat alone in a heated garage. I use a lot of them since they are cheap. No need to buy the name brand types.
'12 Winnebago Via 25T, stock except: HWH Levelers, NovaKool RFU68000 12V Fridge,Group 31 AGM Coach Batteries, PM4 55A 55 Amp Converter, PI EMS-HW30C Surge Protector, Michelin Agilis CrossClimate Tires, TST Internal TPMS, Borg Stems, Sumo Springs
HISSSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #10
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I have a product called “Rat Zapper”. Been using it for years. Every fall mice get into the house and the zapper gets them.

A few nuggets of dry dog food dropped in and several by the front opening are all that is needed. Mouse goes in. Steps on the trigger plate. When the mouse steps off of the plate going for the bait. One dead mouse.

Four AA batteries get changed out about two or three times in a year.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRR View Post
I have a product called “Rat Zapper”. Been using it for years. Every fall mice get into the house and the zapper gets them.

A few nuggets of dry dog food dropped in and several by the front opening are all that is needed. Mouse goes in. Steps on the trigger plate. When the mouse steps off of the plate going for the bait. One dead mouse.

Four AA batteries get changed out about two or three times in a year.
X2 on the ratzappers get a dozen plus kills out of 2 pieces of dog food.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #12

I had a mouse in the camper, so I set a trap. But I didn't have any cheese, so I cut out a picture of some cheese and put it on the trap. Yes it works, next day trap was set off and I had a picture of a mouse!!!
19fisherman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #13

My experience is the only way to stop mice is find and seal the openings they come through. Nothing else keeps them out. After I seal all the entry points my wife swears by mothballs. Go figure. I smell mothballs until August each year. LOL
benchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #14

Soap? Really? Snap Traps and peanuts work well for me.