Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2016, 07:13 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Mirada Comparison.

We are in the market for a Class A and I am having trouble figuring out how the mirada stacks up against the Bay Star's and the Georgetown's in terms of build quality the mid tier Georgetown not the XL. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of info out there on the Mirada's but the dealer we really like sells mirada's so we want to consider it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #2

I deliver this units from the factory, ForestRiver Coachmen, Newmar, and Fleetwood and can tell you that they are all built on the same base chassis. I have seen just as many 'issues' with any of them. I've personally owned a FR Georgetown XL360DS and loved it, the quality was excellent and I don't remember any issues with it for the short time we owned it. I delivered a CanyonStar, which drove similar to a MiradaSelect and a Pursuit, but maybe worse. I did not see the major difference in quality or build or workmanship, and probably liked the MiradaSelect out of all of them.
I think the Coachmen, with ForestRiver ownership, has come a long way from the days when it was considered the 'lower' end of the RV spectrum - I would now rank it closer to the top in quality, build, and value.

If you can, compare the Mirada with the MiradaSelect, which is a major difference in chassis Storage, amenities, and long term value, especially with full body paint.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:38 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
If you can, compare the Mirada with the MiradaSelect, which is a major difference in chassis Storage, amenities, and long term value, especially with full body paint.
Interesting thought. I have never seen the select. I assume my dealer, if they are a Mirada dealer can get the Mirada select too.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We LOVED our Mirada. Ours was great. I thought the fit and finish was exceptional at the price point.
We are always looking and stopped in our dealers lot one day and checked out the Mirada Select. Wow. Coachmen really stepped up their game on that one. i would stack it up against any class A gasser on the market.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 06:40 AM   #5
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
The Select is similar to the XL in the Georgetown line of coaches. We looked at both and were able to negotiate a better deal on the Georgetown. So we are proud owners of a new XL 369SD bath and half.
You may want to go to the sister web site FR. Both this sites are great. I look at both regularly.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #6

I have a 2013 Coachmen Mirada 35DL that we bought new. We just got back from a trip to Jacksonville, FL from Northeast Ohio. A day to get down there, and a day and a half to get back. We love our coach. Just turned over 20k miles this last trip. Been to Florida three times, South Carolina four times, Alabama twice. Even launched my boat with it a couple times. We had some problems with the unit, all of which were fixed under warranty. We spent all summer in it in 2014 and 2015 until we bought a place on the lake.

There are a few things i would change, and they changed most of them on the 2014 & 2015's. They just keep getting better, especially the new Select model. I would trade mine in if i wouldnt lose my shirt. Good luck with your choice!
_nelsonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, comparison, mirada