RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-28-2019, 09:18 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Need help finding a fuse

I needed to replace the co/propane detector. Long story short... I think I blew a fuse, because now there's no power to the detector or the slides. I've checked all of the fuses (both coach and truck) and circuit breakers, and everything is good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2017 Coachmen leprechaun 317sa. Thanks

Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2019, 09:33 AM   #2

Lights? Fridge? Other DC loads? Hard to believe the detector and slides are on the same fuse which would be on the RV distribution/fuse panel. If no DC to anything look for a DC breaker near the batteries with the flag out. Push the flag in to reset it.

tfryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #3

Look for circuit breaker above near battery possible.
A32Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:53 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
You should find a couple of free hanging fuses going to the house battery positive post. Usually the steps, propane detector. That way they function regardless of the state of the main battery disconnect.

Slides usually have their own high amperage breaker as another poster has shown. Should be on the frame in the battery compartment.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #5

You should include the model and make of rv you have in your post or in your signature. In my motor home there are fuses in 3 basement bays, in the bedroom and a few near the dash.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #6

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
Check the battery switch near the entrance door.
Some referred to it as the
Salesman switch???
Or the solinoid that the switch goes through.
HJLowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #7

Start at the house battery bank POS Post/cable and check the Individual smaller wires for in-line fuses/DC circuit breakers
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
You should include the model and make of rv you have in your post or in your signature. In my motor home there are fuses in 3 basement bays, in the bedroom and a few near the dash.
He did.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #9

I have a 2014 year of the same model RV and just tested to see if the salesman switch kills the co/propane and slides - it does not. They seem to be directly wired to the batteries. However, fwiw - there are no fuses or circuit breakers in the battery box. Suspect there is a inline fuse or circuit breaker somewhere hidden. Iíll look around the underside and will post if I see anything. Ironically, my co/propane detector is at the end of its life and I canít stop the end of life warning beep anymore by resetting it - so I am curious to find out how to kill the power before installing the replacement
Old 12-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMlimodrvr View Post
I have a 2014 year of the same model RV and just tested to see if the salesman switch kills the co/propane and slides - it does not. They seem to be directly wired to the batteries. However, fwiw - there are no fuses or circuit breakers in the battery box. Suspect there is a inline fuse or circuit breaker somewhere hidden. Iíll look around the underside and will post if I see anything. Ironically, my co/propane detector is at the end of its life and I canít stop the end of life warning beep anymore by resetting it - so I am curious to find out how to kill the power before installing the replacement
I'm afraid that's what I did. I couldn't find a way to secure the power for it and evidently shorted the circuit when I swapped out the old one.
Homebrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMlimodrvr View Post

Lift the negative battery lead?
Old 12-28-2019, 08:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
Lift the negative battery lead?

I agree - but the OP needs to find out where the fuse is so he can solve his problem. Itís easier to pull a fuse than to unbolt the negative terminal in my humble opinion.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
He did.
Sorry about that!!
Old 01-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
I needed to replace the co/propane detector. Long story short... I think I blew a fuse, because now there's no power to the detector or the slides. I've checked all of the fuses (both coach and truck) and circuit breakers, and everything is good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2017 Coachmen leprechaun 317sa. Thanks
When multiple things don't work, that should be on separate circuits, I would start looking at the common ground post. It's usually under the coach, somewhere along the frame. The terminals get corroded and no longer conduct the current.

Teamfoxy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help