Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #15

Hello Jenny,

We didn't like the exterior privacy curtain idea. Curtain was bulky, and difficult to handle when it got wet so we purchased a roll of InfraStop 48" X 25' White Double Bubble Reflective Foil Insulation at Amazon and cut to fit for inside. It rolls up for easy storage, works very well (and insulates) plus there is much more than you need so you have extra on hand if you need it. $35 _ $7 for shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
elsiecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #16

I don't use the exterior one either for the same reasons you mentioned. I bought 2 curtains and use velcro to put them up on the inside...much more convenient.
Catev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:25 AM   #17

Hi Catev. .. just wanted to thank you (and acknowledge to the community how gracious you are) for responding to my email and many, many questions about the orion.

Hopefully more owners come along to the forum!
MSMLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #18

My pleasure MSMLC....
Old 08-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #19

Well...due to problems with password...i haven't been joining in.
i have put 5000+ mi. on my Orion since the end of April.
i flew to Sacramento, Ca to purchase...saved several thousand $$...drove it home to Tx....through snow storms, rain, wind, dust storms. The hatch door fell open and the exhaust pipe melted the latch!
took it to local dlr. for some warranty issues....very pleased with svc. lights on awning wouldn't come on...they weren't wired! One bulb was burned out and they have to replace the whole string when one bulb goes out! and, they are replacing.
just returned from six weeks in Colorado and NM...ran into a huge hail storm! it broke three skylights and damaged the tv antenna.
going back for more warranty work mid Sept...as they had to order parts.
it is convenient at local dealer, full hook ups , good tv reception and i can stay in rig.
my table is a piece of junk...they tightened it up and it still isn't sturdy. i wouldn't trust putting any dishes on it.
the little plastic prongs for the shelves in the big cabinet are all breaking...i am going to have them replace with metal.
i purchased a nice A frame , two step ladder which is better for this 70 yr old with bad knees ; however, i too often sleep on couch.
does the bed control work on battery? my house battery doesn't seem to be holding a charge, and right now , can not get bed back up.
all of this will eventually be corrected.
best thing i had done...added electronic dump controls, just push a button. and they extended the drain with an elbow...all the way to the side of the unit. i could not have purchased it otherwise.
i didn't know about booster switch for tv....called dlr in Ca. and found it in a flash!
the service guy out there is great! told me to call him ANYTIME...and means it.
Sorry this is so long but it's my history.
LLL
lyndal1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #20

Anyone know the weight limit on the drop down bed?
LiamMeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMeilleur View Post
Anyone know the weight limit on the drop down bed?
750lbs including the mattress
Old 10-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #22

I am considering the Orion 24RB. Can you all answer a few questions?
What is the stand up height under the bed when it is up?
Can you leave the bed made up with sheets and blanket(s) and put it up?
How comfy are the 2 seats?

TIA!
Old 10-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkens View Post
I am considering the Orion 24RB. Can you all answer a few questions?
What is the stand up height under the bed when it is up?
Can you leave the bed made up with sheets and blanket(s) and put it up?
How comfy are the 2 seats?

TIA!
I got an answer from and we know the bed height is somewhat less than 5'10" based on the owner being 5' 10" and having to duck a little when the bed is up. Also, you can leave the sheets and blankets on the bed when you put it up.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #24

Bought our Orion in Oct. TV was mounted so low, the "eye" was behind the ledge and couldn't see the remote. I remounted it higher. The exterior privacy cover is not what is needed for quick setup at night in the rain. Not having a sewing machine, I made a curtain out of towels, grommets, and S-hooks that hangs from the sun visor loops. Works well. That ext. cover wouldn't stay on in the slightest breeze. I had a custom privacy (see through) screen made and had the shop put pockets on the top corners of the solid cover so it stays on well now, plus I have a cover for storage and the screen one for camping to keep the interior cooler plus serve as side window screens. I've got a few minor issues for warranty work, but fully pleased with the Orion. I am 6'-1" and have no trouble with the under bed clearance. I have learned to duck. I'm trying to figure out how to do a blog because I've got lots of stuff to share about our ownership experience.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #25

I finally got the blog business figured out, I think. So I will post all my Orion experience there as it goes. This is the link...
Coachmen Orion Owner Log
Old 12-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
I finally got the blog business figured out, I think. So I will post all my Orion experience there as it goes. This is the link...
Coachmen Orion Owner Log
Great blog for a perspective owner like me! Can't wait to read more. Thanks again, Bob.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:17 AM   #27

Coachmen Orion Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catev View Post
My pleasure MSMLC....
Hi Catev,
Just wondering if you still have your Orion? I am picking ours up this morning. There are very few posts on this Coachmen line.
My questions are do you still own it? And if so are you still happy with it? I read that you had a window leak, have you had any other coach related problems with it? We have different chassis's so I'm not asking for any likes or dislikes on the engine or transmission. My worry is that it will start falling apart as soon as the warranty runs out. We went with this line because there are no slides to leak. But have have read horror story's of other motorhomes with roof and walls getting major leaks. I also see you were asked if you had to go back to the dealer in Georgia to get work done on it. I live in Georgia and there are very few Coachmen Orion dealers here. How was the dealer experience once the sales transaction was completed. I don't know if dealer names are permitted on this forum but was curious if it is the same?
Fjcjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #28

Sorry...haven't been on the forum for a while and just saw this. Yes I still own my Orion...only problem I'm still having is the propane gauge is not working. The factory replaced the inside panel that got damaged by the water leak. I sealed all the windows myself and have had no problems since.

My dealer was RV World of Georgia and really have had no dealings with them since my purchase....I live in NYC area.

I haven't used it as much as I'd like to but still no regrets with the purchase overall...

Tags
coachmen