Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarnes View Post
Yea we all do dumb things She cried for over an hour. Now I have leverage for my next dumb move.

I am puzzling over your comment and wondering how long you have been married. If for years, then you have a unique marriage perhaps?

While my wife may and does hold my accidents in her head for future and frequent use, I have never been able to do so in return. You may, (or I would anyway) only put myself on the dog house train heading at top speed for the house of misery should I bring up an event that made her cry.

These are sacred events and not to be brought up again. This is the unwritten marriage law and is not to be broken or thou shall have H____ to pay!

Have fun and happy motoring,
Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2018 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
You ain't the first nor last guy to do that......Don't ask how I know.
Nore are you the 2nd..

By the way.. I have a good, old time, body man, This guy has been dooing body work longer than I've been breathing (And I'm 60) he built me a new door and fixed another one or two. Was cheaper than ordering from the dealer.. But not much. Better built though.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
DW always helps back me in and I do appreciate it. Last Nov while backing into a site at Myrtle Beach SP that I should have said no thanks to and got an easier one to fit into I dinged the fiberglass on the RF wheel well on a site marker. The other end of that sucker must mark one in China 'cause it did not budge. She was busy back and forth making sure it was OK but I must have gone too quick.

Minor damage. A little crack we can ignore if we want but it bugged me for weeks. She was nice enough to say "it could have been much worse" "we got the first ding out of the way" and "could have happened to anyone".

Guess I am blessed Hope she doesn't read this or I will be ever indebted.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Two years ago, while driving into he centre of downtown Montreal Quebec, (did not want to be there but Mr. GPS sent me there....another story) as I proceeded down Peel Street near the hotel section I finally reconized where I was and said out loud, "I know where I am now!" "just have to drive under the underpass" and..........just then.. a short rather round man came running up and in very bad French laced English said "Stop!!!....your too tall.... After stopping he said "I was too tall to go under the tunnel and must back up!" "What!!....I am 56' long!!" I will help you...He said. (you know this is going to be bad)..anyways I slowly back up (yes traffic is now all stopped both directions...police are there...just at the beginning of rush hour...anyways I back up about 1 city block and then the round man says, "now you must do a U turn and go dat way!".....again I exclaim "I turn aound in two football fields!!"........NO you must go dat way!. So off I go and start my U turn...of course I had to crank it and YES I jack knifed the trailer right into the right rear corner of the MH. I heard the crunch from the driver seat. Later..much later that day when we finally arrived at the camp site I inspected the damage. I was surprised I was not very angry...of course the entire bottle of wine I had consumed helped..."war wounds". Think of it as charater lines!