Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #15

No, we gave up the nice bedroom for a bigger living/kitchen area. Itís the one with the kitchen slide on the opposite side of the dinette sofa slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B0D8B055-8675-4F5D-8E65-E1BC911D2C9E.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	192137  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2018, 10:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjacobs View Post
No, we gave up the nice bedroom for a bigger living/kitchen area. Itís the one with the kitchen slide on the opposite side of the dinette sofa slide.

Oh ok. Puma makes a camper with the slide in the master bedroom and has the slide in the kitchen as well. And the bunk are up front with no slide. We were real close on purchasing it, but was turned off by having to keep walking around the front slide and it taking up over half the awning space. The inside looks awesome tho. It is the 32 FBIS. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1118.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	192148

Old 02-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #17

We ordered a 32rbfq and took possession 2 weeks ago. Our first outing will be next week. So far so good while getting it prepped in the driveway. Here are a few observations I've had.

1. It has less outside storage than our last rig but I can handle that. The bigger issue is the small hatch size. They are only 8" tall which makes it hard to reach in and a few things won't fit (lynx level stack). The actual compartment is quite a bit bigger than the opening. I'm thinking of putting an aluminum truck toolbox on the back.

2. I think due to the weight of the 3 slides in the same side there is a bit of lean. Definitely need to drop the stabilizers before extending the slides and maybe even add an extra layer of lynx blocks.

3. The bathroom and bunk house are inaccessible with the slides pulled in.

4. It's long. It sticks out when parking in the bus/rv spots at cracker barrel.

Those things aside i think our family will really enjoy it.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2106Midnight View Post
We ordered a 32rbfq and took possession 2 weeks ago. Our first outing will be next week. So far so good while getting it prepped in the driveway. Here are a few observations I've had.

1. It has less outside storage than our last rig but I can handle that. The bigger issue is the small hatch size. They are only 8" tall which makes it hard to reach in and a few things won't fit (lynx level stack). The actual compartment is quite a bit bigger than the opening. I'm thinking of putting an aluminum truck toolbox on the back.

2. I think due to the weight of the 3 slides in the same side there is a bit of lean. Definitely need to drop the stabilizers before extending the slides and maybe even add an extra layer of lynx blocks.

3. The bathroom and bunk house are inaccessible with the slides pulled in.

4. It's long. It sticks out when parking in the bus/rv spots at cracker barrel.

Those things aside i think our family will really enjoy it.

Yes the small openings for the storage is stupid lol. There is plenty of space, just got a big enough opening which Iíve told myself I will just be going in and out more when setting up do get the items under the beds and etc. I have already had in my mind to offset the level of the camper so when the slides are out it will be level. I canít wait to pick mine up and I hope your family enjoys yours. Keep us updated
Old 02-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonk2396 View Post
Oh ok. Puma makes a camper with the slide in the master bedroom and has the slide in the kitchen as well. And the bunk are up front with no slide. We were real close on purchasing it, but was turned off by having to keep walking around the front slide and it taking up over half the awning space. The inside looks awesome tho. It is the 32 FBIS. Attachment 192148
I agree with not liking having to walk around the slide to get to the outdoor kitchen and it taking up awning space. May get a second awning to go on the slideout. I saw that front bunk model, but my kids fell in love with the big bunk room on the others, can't let them down! They get the bunkhouse they want, wife gets the living/kitchen she wants, I lose the bedroom I want. Haha. Oh well, it's ultimately for them and the time we spend out together. Post some pictures of the rig when you get it! We're excited to get ours this weekend!
Old 02-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #20

Oh yes, I know the feeling. Kids wanted the big bunk room, wife wanted the big master and the big kitchen so I said you gotta pick twolol. Either the kids, the master or the kitchen. So we got this one. Put yes I will post pictures. You will get yours before me so please make me jealous and post up!! Also let me know if you decide on retrofitting that storage box on the back, Iím really thinking hard about that idea once we get ours.
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonk2396 View Post
Oh yes, I know the feeling. Kids wanted the big bunk room, wife wanted the big master and the big kitchen so I said you gotta pick twolol. Either the kids, the master or the kitchen. So we got this one. Put yes I will post pictures. You will get yours before me so please make me jealous and post up!! Also let me know if you decide on retrofitting that storage box on the back, Iím really thinking hard about that idea once we get ours.
It's ours now! Picked up the camper on Friday and we couldn't be happier. The kids have made us "camp" in the driveway for the last two nights. We've made a few additions, bigger TV in the living room, moved the 32 into the bunkroom, new aluminum wheels will be here Wednesday along with the bumper mount for the WeberQ 2200. Once I have that mounted on the back I'm going to see what my options are for a storage box.

Midnight, what were your thoughts on mounting the truck toolbox to the back?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0955.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	637.3 KB
ID:	192876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0925-2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	192877  

Name:	IMG_0957.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	192878  
Old Today, 01:56 AM   #22

I love it BJ. It looks awesome. Ours will be the same interior color, I love the dark! Congratulations and have fun! We get ours this Wednesday!