Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #1

Replacement Batterys

I need to replace the coach batteries in a Coachman 2130QB. If anyone has replaced theirs, what did you purchase and are you happy with them? What would be the best that can fit into the battery box?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #2

I just replaced my batteries with Interstate starting and house batteries. You need to give a little more information about what you need. However, with a gas engine you can get any decent starting battery. And if you only have one house battery you can use any 12v deep cycle battery.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you presently have 2 coach batts and 1 chassis batt (starting) and you want to replace the coach, I would get 2 Interstate U2200 6 volt batts. That will give you the best reserve power possible. They are larger, so check your space then get demensions on-line or call your local Interstate dealer.

If you only have 1 coach batt, then you must use a 12 volt. Just be sure to use a true deep cycle.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #4

Find a reputable retailer who sells a lot to folks who uses batteries like you do and will stand behind what he sells. Then go by specifications, warranty, and cost.

Watch out for all the BS about battery brands, voltage, or even type. Batteries are a mature technology for both manufacturing and design and commodity items. If someone claims something, only value it as much as they'll put money on it (like a reputable retailer does).

Differences between batteries available for RV's and autos are mostly a matter of degree, not kind, and are swamped by how you use and take care of your batteries.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I purchased mine at Sam's club. They were Interstate batteries but since Sam's has changed to another brand. Mine have been in now for a little over a year and all is good.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #6

About a year and a half ago I bought 2 deep cycle 6 volt golf cart batteries $260.00
They fit right in (2007 georgetown 373 came with 2, 12 volt batterys)
and i'm very happy with them.
The ones that forest river installed were not that good,
and i'm being kind saying that.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #7

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If you are in a large city, consider looking into a commercial cleaning company sales store. Most of the riding floor cleaners are powered by 6-8 Trojan 6v and since they buy in volume you me able to get an even deeper discount through them than your local battery shop.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Try Advance Auto. I've purchased my Chassis (12v) as well as my Coach (6v) from them in the past year and been pleased. The are priced well
(with turn in) and have good warranty.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just bought 2 six volt golf cart batteries from Sam's last month which are hooked together to make 12 volts. They were less than $80 each and recharge well using only solar power. My battery box is under my entry steps. I did have to raise the step 1/2 inch because of the taller GC batteries, but that was cheap and easy.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement