Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #1

Roadside/Travel Asst Programs

We are looking at purchasing roadside assistance and was looking for some input. Any differences between say Good Sam and Coach Net services? Wondering what your experience has been.... John
Irish Reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #2

Roadside

My experience and 4 others was I know was bad with Coach Net. So my advice would be Good Sam. Had Good Sam for 20yrs. had 4 problems, switched to Coach Net in first year 1 problem they wouldn't pay. My cost for that was a $600 bill. Back with Good Sam. Happy Happy Happy.
genecusano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have only had Coach-Net. Have used them once for a tow. Did very well for us. There are good and bad stories from any of them since they contract local companies and some of those are good or not so good.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #4

Have had CoachNet for 7 years. Have had to use them 4 times.

1). Flat tire change
2) tow about 12 miles
3). Tow about 35 miles
4). Locked keys in toad.

Each time they have been better than the last and they have always paid the service provider.

In fact, the 2 tows more than offset the cost of several years of CoachNet membership.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had good Sam for several years and several tows and tire repairs. No complaints.

Recently went with coach net due to good reports here, less cost, and their on all technical services. Have not had a need to use the service so have no personal experiences to share.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #6
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Reb View Post
We are looking at purchasing roadside assistance and was looking for some input. Any differences between say Good Sam and Coach Net services? Wondering what your experience has been.... John
We are doing the same thing. I haven't read the Good Sam policy details, but have read the Coach Net and there seems like an awful lot of fine print that could easily get them out of having to pay a claim. Has anyone had experience where the fine print was a surprise?

Also, has anyone made use of the non-roadside assistance services provided by Coach Net? Does Good Sam provide the same?

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem 44B
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a problem with our MH at a rest area on I-90 in Illinois on a Friday afternoon. Called Good Sam and they sent a mechanic who found the problem and fixed it in about one hour. It was a bad electrical connection at a solenoid. Good Sam paid $150 for the service call and I paid $150 an hour for the mechanic on site. I was very happy with that result, as otherwise we would have spent the weekend at a garage waiting for a Monday morning mechanic.
I did have Coach net for about 6 years and had a couple successful services from them too.
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #8

I have had Coach Net for 5 years, also business partner has. They have an old coach that I think coach net has lost money on them. They just had their coach towed 100 miles. When I signed up for CN, I also dropped AAA for, CN covers ALL your fleet. Even if your at home. Nice savings
maxtgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #9

I too am interested in this conversation. Last summer while at Rushmore, we discovered a tire that bald due to a toe out wheel. I called the roadside assistance included in our Farm Bureau and they wouldn't help with the camper. We have the camper and tow vehicle both ensured with FBFS, but the roadside assistance ONLY covers the vehicle, not the camper...

Luckily I called the dealership and they talked me through the safest way to jack up the trailer and change that tire while at the site. I will not make a long trip like that again without some sort of coverage.
Jhawk44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel