Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #1

Rockwood vs. Outdoors Fifths

We are in the process of replacing our old fifth. I started by looking at the Outdoors Glacier Peak 26RKS. IMO more modern and up to date when compared to its Arctic Fox equivalent model. Then, remembering a friend recently purchased a Rockwood, I took a look at the 8280WS fifth.

Both the GP and the RW look well built and have many of the modern up-to-date features. I know the GP builds their frames and the RW probably uses the famous (infamous) Lippert.

I need to take a closer look at both and see if I can determine why there is around a ten thousand dollar price difference, the GP being the more expensive. Both have things I like and things I am not sure about.

I am counting on my fellow iRV2 members to provide their opinions and facts.

GT

Greytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My first thought is in the Product name-
Check to see how good the Rockwood insulation is VS the Glacier Peak . It sounds (and looks like from the video from GP video) that the GP may be a better unit for the cold climate...and I know how Tahoe/Truckee area can be.

Good luck in your decision and welcome to iRV2.com.
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #3

I agree the GP is better, it seems, for a colder climate but we do not intend to travel where it is cold. And the 10k plus for the GP over the RW is not worth it for our intended use.
Greytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #4

Artic Fox good quality but.....

I too am looking to upgrade to a 5r in the next year or two and have looked at Artic Fox. Reviews definitely indicate quality, and I don't mind paying a bit more for quality, so I checked for the closest dealer. I live in southern IN and the three closest dealers are in eastern OH, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin!! During our travels I would like a dealer closer at hand. Just a point to consider, IMO.
tsm1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door