Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2017, 07:02 PM   #1

Sportscoach 360 DL

Looks like nice coach; was close to pulling trigger on Newmar Gas Bay Star, but found this in close price range and its a DP!.......anyone offer their experience with these coaches? (quality, issues, mfg support?)
Thanks
Marinaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
A lot will depend on how you are going to use it. A couple of weekend trips + a week trip once a year? Or are you talking about travelling a lot? Also you didn't say what year the Coachmen was.

There are few coaches out there that have the quality of a Newmar. But there is something to be said about diesel.

Give us a bit more info.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Love our 2009 Sportscoach and have no complaints about the quality.
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #4

Not fulltiming.......weekend trips, week long trips, maybe a few more than that.....eventually will travel more when we retire.....really like the idea of diesel at such a good price; just want to be sure the quality is good
Old 02-03-2017, 06:34 AM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinaboy View Post
Looks like nice coach; was close to pulling trigger on Newmar Gas Bay Star, but found this in close price range and its a DP!.......anyone offer their experience with these coaches? (quality, issues, mfg support?)
Thanks
this coach is very similar to several others in the market: Thor Palazzo, Forest River Legacy, Tiffin Allegro, Fleetwood Excursion, Newmar Ventana LE, etc. and are all fine coaches. I believe that FR Coachmen has built a very nice coach over the last several years as they try to compete in this compact diesel market, with great appointments and finishes, and a nice quality build...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:31 AM   #6

That is a coincidence, my camping family is doing the same thing. They where looking at a bay star and the quality of their build is great. Then they started to look at the coachman 360dl and said the quality wasn't as good but they really wanted the diesel. They are still shopping and it looks like they are very close to pulling the trigger.

When I first started to read the ops thread I thought it was my buudy.
35QBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #7

Thanks......tough decision, but really want diesel as well.......Let me know how it goes.....
Old 02-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
It really depends on what you are going to use it for and if the rig you get does that. And most important is if you're enjoying it. You can spend a bit or spend a lot to do the same things. Diesel is tough to beat if torque, etc matter to you, but most important to us was if we liked the floorplan, the reliable chassis/engine, and if it "felt right". Have camped near folks with those coaches and they loved them.
igave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:14 AM   #9

We own a 2006 376 DS, the private owner we purchased it from moved up to a 40ft Newmar. This is our first MH and not knowing what we would like or not like we stuck to our primary requirement of pulling power so a DP was what we looked for. The Cross Country 376 DS gets you into a nice size DP for the money, but like any other toy, you're always looking to step up!!!
MobileOneDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #10

We have a 2008 Sportscoach Pathfinder 340 HP DP and love it. No complaints.
Tonkexpress1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Will keep you updated

I too was looking at Newmar, the pulled the trigger on a 2017 Sportscoach 360dl in July. I liked the price for entry level DP. This is our first class A and wanted to make sure that this is our life style, before getting to deep.
Put 400 miles in July on mini trip. Currently in shop for minor repairs(side camera & hydraulic jack leak). Planning on trip to Arizona & Utah end of September( if I can get out of shop) Coachmen slow on getting parts.
Will keep this thread updated if anyone interested.
Anyone else have any comments on Sportscoach? I see them on highways but do not hear a lot of negativity or comments
Ricbec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #12

I have a 2008 Sportscoach, so far we really enjoy it, built better than the Thor we had. The layout really sold us. You are right, you don't see many on the road.
thomasd923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #13

Hopefully you will see another out on the road soon. Trying to find the time to take our first trip. Just purchased a used 2014 SC 361BH with 13,500 miles. Traded it for my 30 Express Cruiser boat that I hadn't been able to use in the last 5 years.

This is our first RV so the excitement is high... Many of our boating friends had moved to RVing over the last couple of years. I believe I will have quite a few questions in the coming months. Thanks in advance to all for the help!
Attached Images

jvalich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:08 AM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
Good trip

Just got back yesterday from 3,100 mile trip from Houston to Las Vegas. 360 Sportscoach did great. Got into a little wind a few times. I will research steering stabilizer for it. Any comments on one would be appreciated. A few minor issues, but nothing major.
For now I am well pleased with my 2017 Coachmen Sportscoach.
Ricbec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen