Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfromtn View Post
BTW, where did you put the horns? If you ever get a good idea about changing the kitchen surface, let me know. That is the thing I would most like to improve. Got back from Bonita Springs last thur and have been freezing here in TN. Tough to leave 85 degree weather for this. It is no problem to live in this coach for 4-5 months.

Jim Thompson
Clinton TN
I agree with you in ref the kitchen countertop. I have never liked the brown with specks. Reminds me of Art Deco from '50's. it shines up nicely with car polish but still looks terrible. I did replace
the matching dinette table with a dark hardwood.
I'm going to have a Corian top made to replace with an added stove cover. Don't know what floor plan you have but if you have a full slide on kitchen, you probably have that small loveseat
couch behind passenger front seat. I could never
use it so I replaced with an entertainment center. We now seldom use the 36" and trying to decide
what to do with space. Maybe a lighted dry bar.
The placement of the entertainment center makes It much more comfortable to view tv from couch.
zeeyaarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Entertainment center.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-996326336.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	36418
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #17

A weird thing happened this weekend

Over Memorial Day weekend, my DW and I had reservations at the Kentucky Horse Park. We arrived on Friday, got everything setup and did what you do when you're glamping.

Anyway, a friend we were camping with came over and said "there's another Sportscoach identical to yours over on the other side of the campground". Later that evening, while riding around on the golf cart I spotted it. It's strange, because you just don't see many of these on the road for whatever reason, and I've never found another one in a campground, especially one that's an identical match.

Getting back to the story, when my DW and I first started looking for motorhomes, we had found an 07 Sportscoach on Ebay and ended up bidding on the unit. We were the high bidder at around $66,000. LONG story short, I sent the deposit and made arrangements for the buyer to deliver the motorhome for the cost of fuel from Arizona to my home in Kentucky. Things were going well. We had secured financing and were awaiting it's arrival. Each day I received an update from the seller as to his location. Suddenly, the day before we were expecting delivery, I received $1000 back to my Paypal account. It was my deposit. The seller called off the sale because he "said" he was going through a divorce and his wife found out he had sold the RV and lawyered up. We were NOT happy and it cost us some out-of-pocket due to the fact that we had already booked the loan. The seller did eventually refund that money, so no loss.

We started looking at motorhomes again, and both agreed that we loved the layout of the Sportscoach so well, we'd just find another. And find another we did, in upstate New York. The rest is history.

Back to this weekend. I was getting ready to walk the beagles Sunday morning when I stepped out of the motorhome and met a guy looking at my motorhome. We struck up a conversation and he said he was the guy with the other Sportscoach. Cool.

We started talking about things we liked about them and how long we'd had them. This was his maiden voyage and he had come out of St. Louis. He wanted to know if we'd had any problems with ours so I told him of the things that had gone wrong in the last year since we owned it. Then, he started talking about his. He said "mine has this funny issue where the speedo resets to 56 miles everytime you shut the key off". I though that was weird, because the one I tried to buy off Ebay was the same way. I asked him where the motorhome came from and he said "Miami". Strange, the seller of the one I tried to buy was from Miami. I asked him was your seller named Rick? Bingo, it's the same motorhome!

Turns out the guy was legit, because now the divorce is final and he even met the girlfriend.

It's a small world.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Great story Topdownman. Small world. I have also noticed the lack of Sports Coaches on the road. After three years, I sighted a 2012 Pathfinder last month at Ocean Lakes, Myrtle Beach. A very friendly gentleman from Canada gave me a tour. I mentioned that his was the first Pathfinder I'd come across and he said that it is very prevalent in Canada. So I guess that's where they are.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Outside TV mount

Hi everyone. Add one more to the Sportcoach owners on this forum. Just bought a 2007 Sport coach Pathfinder 384TS after a 2 Year search for a DP with the right features for the right price. I believe I have found it. You guys did have a hand in my decision with your comments. Now I have a question for you. There is an external TV mount that seems to be for an articulating mount. I have attached pictures. Does anyone recognize this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20130813_180517_987.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	44102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130813_180546_182.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	44103  

Rollingcondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Glad your happy with your SC. Someone added.

There's a cover plate over that opening on OEM.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks. I assumed that the cable and power outlet were OEM as was the mount. Looks like I need to keep searching.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingcondo View Post
Thanks. I assumed that the cable and power outlet were OEM as was the mount. Looks like I need to keep searching.
The power receptacle and the cable outlet are the standard setup. The cable should be on the Aux line from your distribution control box. Feel free to ask questions. There are always problems that come up that I'm sure one of us has encountered over the years. There is also another site that it might be nice for Sports Coach (Pathfinder) owners to add comments. There is a Forest River site with a subgroup for Coachmen Motorhomes. There's an app for it under Forest River. Not sure of the URL. If we could get other Pathfinder owners to also run their comments there, it would be convenient location for knowledge. Don
Old 08-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #23

What you have is a standard removeable wall mount. The part that mounts to the TV is missing. Someone has added this to the motorhome. I've attached a picture of how I did mine. I moved both the cable and power outlet to the top of the compartment and reinforced the top of the compartment with plywood. Then, I bought a Mor-Ryde mount that slides out and down for the TV.

It does NOT work like I wanted it to as that compartment is not big enough height wise to be able to swing the TV out and up. So, I had to set it up so that the TV removes and I stored it in the bottom of the compartment when I'm traveling. I covered the top part of the compartment with diamond plate to hide the holes that were left when I moved the outlets.

Quote:
Hi everyone. Add one more to the Sportcoach owners on this forum. Just bought a 2007 Sport coach Pathfinder 384TS after a 2 Year search for a DP with the right features for the right price. I believe I have found it. You guys did have a hand in my decision with your comments. Now I have a question for you. There is an external TV mount that seems to be for an articulating mount. I have attached pictures. Does anyone recognize this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	44130  
2006 Jeep Commander
Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #24

2013 SportsCoach Cross Country 385DS owner here too!

Purchased in April this year. Spent the first 4 months working out the bugs.

Has everything we need.

MVPMICH... you mention you wish you had the upgraded Allison 2500 or 3000 Transmission... what does your coach have? I Have the ISB 340 with the 2500MH trans.

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks. I'll go check it out.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
What you have is a standard removeable wall mount. The part that mounts to the TV is missing. Someone has added this to the motorhome. I've attached a picture of how I did mine. I moved both the cable and power outlet to the top of the compartment and reinforced the top of the compartment with plywood. Then, I bought a Mor-Ryde mount that slides out and down for the TV.

It does NOT work like I wanted it to as that compartment is not big enough height wise to be able to swing the TV out and up. So, I had to set it up so that the TV removes and I stored it in the bottom of the compartment when I'm traveling. I covered the top part of the compartment with diamond plate to hide the holes that were left when I moved the outlets.
I like your setup. Considered something similar. However, after much searching, I have found that Articulating TV mount that fits the base installed on my MH. Going to order from Amazon for $45 and add the second mount in the bedroom. First shakedown run next week. Hope it all works!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	718-nqwKJ3L__SL1200_.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	44204  
Old 08-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #27

I also tried one of those mounts. As long as you leave it so that you can lift the mount off the hook it should work. I found that if I setup the TV so it would remove from the mount, then fold the arms back I could not shut the door.

Quote:
I like your setup. Considered something similar. However, after much searching, I have found that Articulating TV mount that fits the base installed on my MH. Going to order from Amazon for $45 and add the second mount in the bedroom. First shakedown run next week. Hope it all works!!
2006 Jeep Commander
Old 08-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #28

I have had my Pathfinder 384 ts for 3 years and it has been a good coach. One thing I missed was lack of 120v outlets in the cargo bays. I took off the cover in the last bay and found a 120 volt line and split it and ran wire to each bay with a plugin box. I run a small freezer and 12 volt camping refrigerator and a 32 in vizio in the second and third bays and the first is for my DW for her stuff. I plan on replacing the front Jensen with a 32 Vizio soon.

Jim Thompson
Clinton TN
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen