Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
still having the same problems '12 Mirada... what to do?

i keep having to take my 2012 mirada to the dealer to get the same things fixed, the roof still leakes at the front left corner all over the inside cabenit witch its messing the cabenit up again, and now the lights in the dash blew out and i cant find any access point to get to them and the fuse is fine befor it was the power ports burning out and poping the fuse, also the stair motor burned out so right now the steps are ziped corded closed so i can drive the coach but it is not easy to get in or out. what should i do only had this thing about 2 months bought brand new and everytime i open the door its something, cant get a hold of coachmen except their warrinty department and when i talk to them its just a run around, is anyone else having issues and can give me any help as to what shoould i do next. in the state of pa motor homes are not covered under the lemon law. getting very fustrated and to top it off the dealer is 1.5 hours away and they wont let me leave tohe tow dolly i use to tow the car so i have to always find some one to go with so i can get back home i would tow my pickup but it doesnt fit the towdolly right the truck is to big. any suggestions??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Demand a refund!!

If its fianaced get the bank involved since it is causing damage to the RV.

Contact local BBB.

Make them come get it since your fuses are blown its not safe to drive tell them to bring big tow truck.

Don't pick it up until they fix it and you have a good rain storm to make sure the leak is fixed.

Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #3

Find another dealer that knows what they are doing you don't have to take it back where you bought it any coachmen dealer will do the warranty work
Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
thanks guys the other dealer i can go to is 3 hours away and i think i will call the bank see what they want to do. has any one else had these issues
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #5

I had some minor problems with my coachmen one was a roof leak I took it back to the dealer 3 hours away and it still leaked I also could not get coachmen on the phone I called a local rv shop that just works on rv's
20 minutes away they did all the work on it and fixed it right they had a number for coachmen that we do not have check with some local shops maybe
you will get lucky like I did.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #6

I might add my leak was a clearance light on the roof that had no caulking under it
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks I will have to check around for a shop and they replaced the clearance lights already. With the amount of water I think it is coming in where the roof meats the fiberglass front cap. It doesn't come in unless the front is lower than the back
Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My southwind was like that fixed it in the driveway then go camping come back next rain leaked again. DROVE ME NUTS!! I finally put elastometric with renforcing tape last time I saw it no leak. The cap shifts and loossens the joint what ever goes on has to be VERY stretchy or it will leak.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had an odd question about my Mirada, about 18 months ago. I sent an email to them and received an on-point thorough response. You might try a written submission to them, if you have not done so already.

In terms of service, the dealer is critical. Ours, Sky River, in Northen Ca has been absolutely superlative - there is just no substitute for a great dealer. Hopefully, Coachman can point you to one of their great dealers, maybe not convenient, but worth the travel.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i talked to the general manager of coachman and he called the dealer and it seams like things are finally gonna get the attention they need. they are going to remove the whole front cap and check it for cracks and then replace it back on with new sealant, and they are revmoving the dash and going to install a new one since water has been setting on it and its gotten into the electrics of it, and they are just finally going to fix it the right way and my coach has a team of people working on it and coachman is sending a master mechanic to the dealer to over see it all happen, finally getting some where. thx for all the support.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
i talked to the general manager of coachman and he called the dealer and it seams like things are finally gonna get the attention they need. they are going to remove the whole front cap and check it for cracks and then replace it back on with new sealant, and they are revmoving the dash and going to install a new one since water has been setting on it and its gotten into the electrics of it, and they are just finally going to fix it the right way and my coach has a team of people working on it and coachman is sending a master mechanic to the dealer to over see it all happen, finally getting some where. thx for all the support.
Great to hear you are finally getting te attention your issues require. I have has a few minor issues with our new Mirada, however nothing like your experiencing.

I had a chance this summer to visit and tour the Coachman Class A assembly building. The Coachman employee's and managers were great folks. We had a great tour and got to see them building our model coach. The last step before shipping out to the dealer is the water test. Not sure how long it sets in the bay with the water on. Guess I forgot to ask that question. I will tell you that they dump a lot of water on them so I'll bet your issue is something that happened post water test. As previously stated I would guess the front cap has developed a crack or cracks. They did tell us the worst problem is water, as it has the potential to do the most damage, which you already know.

Keep us posted on the progress of the repairs.

Also here are a few of the pictures I took in the Coachman Class A Assembly building.

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great photos - thanks for posting!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeyer View Post
Great photos - thanks for posting!
They are great photos but I have to say, I'm not sure seeing them makes me feel better about the quality that goes into Coachman’s these days.

I almost think the photos are disturbing though I can't pinpoint why.

Roll
2011 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ Ford F-53,BluOx/Patriot.Toad:2012 Wrangler Unltd Sahara. Invert-4/6Vbatts-SolarChg-AutoTransSw-WG traveler-HDMICbls-SafeTPlus-track bar-Awnings-GenAutoSt-CHF-pwr cord storage sys-Garmin-outsideHDTV, LED interior lighting, Brazels tuning.
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
jimbooth25, any update on the leak and how Coachman has responded?

Marc

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen