Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2018, 09:01 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Sunseeker3120 DS information

Looking at a used one with 10k miles for $29000. Is this a good price? Pros and cons of this unit. I am a widow and will be traveling solo. Thanks for you help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #2

What year is it
wingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Gosh sorry. Kind of important information to post. 2007.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #4

Do you have someone mechanical who you can take with you to give it a look...

Is it being sold at a dealer or private...?

Is $29,000 the asking price or have you negotiated to that amount. .
Old 06-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #5

I actually just looked at the ad on rv trader. ..new tires...Lots of goodies come with it...looks like a solid coach but you still want to bring someone with you to check out the mechanicals....he will probably take $26 or $27

Also drive it and make sure it's comfortable for you to drive before offering any $$$
Old 06-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
That is the asking price. New tires last year. It is 120 miles from me so I know no one in that area who can inspect it for me. I know it’s not ideal.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:25 PM   #7

Biggest thing, drive it...make sure it's comfortable to drive. ..and make him show you how everything works.....offer him 25 and then go from there.

You will want to take it somewhere for an inspection, maybe get it in writing that he will refund you the money pending a inspection. ...
Old 06-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #8

I'm assuming you have been looking for awhile. ..don't get in a rush and buy the 1st one you see
Old 06-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Going to see it Sunday. Just spoke to them. They are selling for their father who just lost his wife and wants to sell. He is second owner and purchased from a friend a couple of years ago. Always stored inside with no known issues. Sounds truly like a straight up unit. House batteries may be original. They will replace generator oil and filter prior to sale. They are negotiable on price somewhat.

BUT they are not campers. They won’t be able to show me how everything works. Sounds like I know more than they do. I have wintered in a class A last 3 winters and travelled 10,000+ miles in one, so somewhat knowledgeable about systems, but am no mechanic. Big decision........
Old 06-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #10

Well you found out why he's selling...chances are it's a solid coach, but with those terms it's up to you. ..

Do drive it though and make sure you like how it handles. ...

good luck, hope everything works out for you
Old 06-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Wingnuts. Yes I will drive it. I also believe they will be amenable to me having it checked out. They seem like very honest, good people. We discussed this and she indicated there were a couple of RV places near them. One she had heard was awful and one she had heard was good. So if I like it my plan will be to put a deposit on it with the condition that it is checked out. She said she could have sold it several times but that people rejected it because it had no cab over bed. Entertainment center is there. No problem for me. Hope it pans out. Hope I will be comfortable driving it. Have driven moving trucks so hope not too different. Thanks everyone. Would love to hear from Sunseeker owners with the good, bad and ugly!
Old 06-22-2018, 06:41 AM   #12

That's great. ..the reason I ask you to drive it is because some of the ford chassis are known for not handling well on the road, some guys report wandering and having a hard time keeping it in their lane...1st thing I think of when I see a used one for sale with so little miles...I think it's mainly for 26-28 ft class a models not positive on that for class c's, I have a class a ford 30 ft and it drives like a dream. ..love driving it

Let us know the outcome. ..Good Luck
Old 06-23-2018, 05:07 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all your help Wingnuts. I posted on Forestriver site and was told getting repair parts for this unit would be difficult. Do you think that is true? I am going to see it tomorrow and would like to be able to make informed decision. It was first titled in 2009. So been in service 9 years. I can’t decide whether to be pleased or concerned over low mileage and low generator hours. I am to;d it has always been stored inside which is good.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCathy View Post
Thanks for all your help Wingnuts. I posted on Forestriver site and was told getting repair parts for this unit would be difficult. Do you think that is true? I am going to see it tomorrow and would like to be able to make informed decision. It was first titled in 2009. So been in service 9 years. I can’t decide whether to be pleased or concerned over low mileage and low generator hours. I am to;d it has always been stored inside which is good.
Sorry, I can't help you there, not sure what kind of repair parts you may need though... all the appliances are not Forrest river and you should be able to get anything you need on that side

I can't think of any Forrest river parts you may need, unless they are totally different than any other rv..

to me that wouldn't be a deal breaker unless someone could convince me otherwise

I will go to that site and see what was said and report back if I think you need to be worried about parts