Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 07:52 AM   #29

We bought an '11 Sportscoach Cross Country 16 months ago, and have clocked a bit more than 9k miles. I have done quite a bit of 'baseline' maintenance on it, since we didn't get any maintenance records. The actual problem list that required repairs so far:
-failed fan clutch. A freightliner issue.
-dash a/c failed. A freightliner issue.
-Replaced shower tap set. Coachmen issue.
-Failed slide topper 'stop', causing topper to unfurl at speed. Coachmen issue.
-Toilet paper mount is loose on wall. Coachmen issue.
-Kitchen tap is very slow. Haven't tried to clean it up yet, maybe Coachmen.
-Kwikee steps have an intermittent problem. Wont stay broken long enough to fix it. Coachmen issue.

I can't think of any other problems that haven't been self inflicted. We are very happy with the coach. The flooring, walls, cabinetry etc. are obviously not up to Prevost standards, but we certainly didn't pay a Prevost price for it.

There is a long list of things we really like about the coach. It's a bunkhouse and the floor plan works really well for us. From a design standpoint, we'd like to see 2 things improved:
-While relaxing on 1 of the couches it is very easy to shut off the lights due to switch placement. I plan to relocate the switch.
-The foldout couches are too short for grown people to sleep well on them.

We would buy this unit again in a heartbeat.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #30
WDW

Are your steps really Kwikee or Treadlite by Lippert? Curious as to your problem
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #31

Our steps are Kwikee. I've downloaded their troubleshooting document but the danged thing just won't stay broken. It may be related to battery voltage. I haven't taken any voltage readings, but it seems like the times it fails to move are after it's been a long time in storage. We drive it and some time on the 2nd day out it starts working again. Both house and chassis batteries are on trickle chargers fwiw. Maybe I've got a marginal connection somewhere, so I'm going to have to spend some quality time laying under it with my multi-meter.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:55 AM   #32
WDW

Thoughts about Coachmen SPORTSCOACH ??

Thank you! Interesting- they use so many of the same components on both designs. I’ve discover Lippert has upgraded the brake in the Tread Lite steps because of failures. Mine needs to be replaced and parts / Labor will be in the $300 range. They come in a sealed box unit and you have to drop the whole box off to service it. I don’t thing 2.5 YO steps should need that much work. Apparently they undersized the part in the original builds. That’s not Coachmen’s fault.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #33

My friend owns an 07 pathfinder sportscoach 377. We have travelled as two couples in it for approx. 17000 miles in a few years. The overall quality is decent. The counter tops in his are not solid, and the edges are starting to peel a bit. His has a total of 56000 miles on it now. The only issues we had in two years of travel were last year the main disconnect relay went, and this year we went through two alternators. Other than these minor items, the coach has ran flawless. His has 300 hp, and we were towing a small car behind. I own a coachmen as well, and I dont think their overall quality is as high as say Tiffin, or holiday rambler, monaco, etc.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #34

Hello everyone! Just stumbled upon this thread & would like to follow. We purchased a used 2015 Coachmen Pathfinder 404RB w/400HP Cummins on a Freightliner chassis, three years ago. It had only 1,000 miles on it. We live in it fulltime. Had issues when we first bought it but we worked the kinks out & Coachmen took care of it.
We really enjoy our MH! Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1465174760227.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	200136
dkingdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #35

I think that Coachmen, and now Forest River, has never quite caught up with the rest of the diesel pusher brands due to the fact that many of their dealers, especially the older ones, don't really offer many varieties of 'motor'homes, especially not diesels, so the shear number of other brands overwhelm what you normally see on dealer lots.

I love the Coachmen brand, for the ClassA gas and diesels, and think they get looked over(passed by, I mean) because there just aren't as many to see. The Coachmen plant near Bristol only builds several diesel per week, as they also build several of the Class A gas models at the same building.

I would very much check out...
Coachmen Sportscoach diesel pushers
Coachmen Mirada Select gas, full body paint, full cargo doors, great interiors
(similar to the FR Georgetown XL units)

I believe that both also have the option of the Coachmen's own 'Salon Bunk' drop down electric sleeping area above the living room table and couch area. A unique option from the typical drop down electric bunk normally above the driver area, and might give more room to those in need of a 'bunk house' type coach.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:10 PM   #36
WDW

I agree. Plant 310 as it’s known, only builds 5 to 7 coaches a day. I’ve spent 2+ hours walking the production line. Rolls Royce quality - no, but a decent bang for your buck.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #37

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2007 Sportcoach

We bought a 2007 Sportcoach Cross Country last year. Had 19,000 Miles and we paid about 60k. All the TVs were upgraded and a satellite dish on the roof. There were a few very small issues. Earlier this year the dash AC Compressor Bering started to squeal. Our extended warranty paid for it. It Needed some TLC on the outside so we scrubbed off any oxidation and waxed it. Otherwise it’s perfect.
Purrs like a big Cat. Has everything you could ask for.
markarbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #38

We like our Sportscoach

We've had ours for a little over a month and really like the unit. Seems like a lot of value for the money spent.
Capnsteve60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #39

On your step, I would check the ground first. I would start by cleaning all ground connections.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #40

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Old thread but we've had our '07 Sportscoach Legend for just over two years, we've put about 20k miles on it in that time. Other than probably the same issues that every other 10-12 year old motorhome has, I've been very satisfied!
SC40QS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #41

Sportscoach

Sportscoach Here it's 2020 And Same Question New to Sportscoach any one got any reviews.
1929 Marmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:30 AM   #42

I posted our experience on this thread back in 2018. A couple of years and thousands of miles later, we haven't had any other significant problems and remain quite happy and satisfied with our 2011 Sportscoach bunkhouse. I was grappling with the Kwikee steps back then but that was easily resolved and they work perfectly. I also improved on the switches beside the couch that were prone to shutting off the ceiling lights when you leaned back. I flipped them upside down and now it is much better though not perfect.
The only new negative items:
-the corners of the table are losing their plastic coating, a bit unsightly but still functional.
-the house battery latching relay has begun acting up a bit. A couple of times now the 12 volt system has shut down without warning. Both times, everything came back up when we pressed the isolation button down by the stairwell. The last time it took a few pushes before latching in. This will be an easy and inexpensive fix, but first I have to actually find the existing relay.

We would definitely buy this unit again, after nearly 4 years of service.

Tags
coachmen