Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Forest River Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

Weber Q120 grill hookup to supplied gas grill line on trailer

we have a fr 21fbrs tt that has a built in gas supply line for optional gas grill. the weber q120 grill currently uses disposable 1lb propane tanks. we would like to convert the q120 to utilize the gas line on the trailer. would any comments on what connections i need to get/change...thanks...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #2

Cherv...I bought my dual propane hook up kit at an RV center....but later discovered that a similar kit was available at Tractor Supply. The conversion really is a matter of hooking the hose onto the grill and getting a convenient length of supplyline so you can comfortably and safely grill away from the trailer.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:32 PM   #3

You might have to take the regulator of the webber. Check to see if the hose from trailer is before or after the regulator on the propane tank. Most are after the regulator and you can't have two regulators. Easy to do just get the proper fitting for quick change to hose.
Hurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #4

Cherv.... you do not use two regulators. In your case in order to use the weber grill Q120 you will need to place a by pass valve before the TT regulator. It will require some parts rearrangement in your current TT propane manifold. I did this to mine too....so I can have both a regulate exterior connection and non regulated connection.
Here is another thought you might not have pondered...you can refill those little bottles yourself. YHEP....you sure can. I have this for my Coleman stove and it works well.... here is a video.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #5

This is the kit that you add to your TT propane. Do not get confused by the extra propane tank that they have added....it is just part of a demo to show that the extended stay kit will allow you to run your grill and add extra propane to the trailer if you are using it for longer periods in one place.

Tags
gas