Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

5 Star Tuning: 6-Speed F53 Tune Update Version 2.0

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to offer an update that we are releasing version 2 of our RV Daily Tow tune for the 6-speed transmissions via the F-53 platform! For those that already have version 1 tune, begin checking your email on Monday 6/27 as we will begin emailing out updates to everyone that has purchased to date. For those that are ordering tunes or tuners as of 6/23 you will automatically get our newest tune sent to you.

Stay tuned for comparison videos of the differences between stock v. version 1 v. version 2.

5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #3

2016 Tune

Hi, just checking back. Last I checked Chris had me on a rain check from April group buy for my v-10 2016 Fleetwood Storm. Is it available yet?

Thx
Tom
TomMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
5 Star update for 2016 6 speed

We purchased a new 2016 Fleetwood Bounder, 30th anniversary edition early this year and traded in a 2 year old Holiday Rambler Vacationer on which I had loaded the previous version from 5 Star about 9 months earlier. The difference was remarkable on the 5 speed transmission in the Vacationer. It more than lived up to the high praise I had read in posts on this forum. We picked up the Bounder in Jacksonville in early April and over the next 3 months put about 3000 miles on it driving north through GA, TN, VA, PA, NY, Canada and back into Vermont. Overall I was quite pleased with the up and down shifts, it drove about as well as the 5 speed with 5 Star. It was a big improvement over the stock 5 speed on the Vacationer with the exception of braking down shifts in tow haul mode. I debated about getting the update when it became available but took the plunge on a $110 email update while in an RV park in New Hampshire. I loaded it the morning we headed across NH and Maine for Bar Harbor. It made a modest improvement on the up shifts and down shifts but fixed the tow haul braking downshift delays and was certainly worth the cost of upgrade. Would it be worth the initial cost of $400 or more I am not sure. There was an improvement but no where as dramatic as on the 5 speed.
crossing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossing View Post
We purchased a new 2016 Fleetwood Bounder, 30th anniversary edition early this year and traded in a 2 year old Holiday Rambler Vacationer on which I had loaded the previous version from 5 Star about 9 months earlier. The difference was remarkable on the 5 speed transmission in the Vacationer. It more than lived up to the high praise I had read in posts on this forum. We picked up the Bounder in Jacksonville in early April and over the next 3 months put about 3000 miles on it driving north through GA, TN, VA, PA, NY, Canada and back into Vermont. Overall I was quite pleased with the up and down shifts, it drove about as well as the 5 speed with 5 Star. It was a big improvement over the stock 5 speed on the Vacationer with the exception of braking down shifts in tow haul mode. I debated about getting the update when it became available but took the plunge on a $110 email update while in an RV park in New Hampshire. I loaded it the morning we headed across NH and Maine for Bar Harbor. It made a modest improvement on the up shifts and down shifts but fixed the tow haul braking downshift delays and was certainly worth the cost of upgrade. Would it be worth the initial cost of $400 or more I am not sure. There was an improvement but no where as dramatic as on the 5 speed.
crossing,

Thank you for the feedback on both of our tunes! If you get a chance email/pm me your serial number off of your device. We have made some revisions lately that will allow us to further refine your tune for you.

chris@5startuning.com

Thank you!
Old 10-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMiller View Post
Hi, just checking back. Last I checked Chris had me on a rain check from April group buy for my v-10 2016 Fleetwood Storm. Is it available yet?

Thx
Tom
We have released both version 1 and version 2 for the 2016 chassis. Any of the 7015FS when updated will automatically pull in version 2 of our 6 speed tune.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #7

"There was an improvement but no where as dramatic as on the 5 speed."

I would think that Ford engineers, when redesigning the F53 chassis for the 2016+ version, took the 5 Star tune into account and sought to emulate its characteristics, especially since it has received such universal praise from Ford V-10 RV owners.

My 5 Star X4 arrives tomorrow. After over 19,000 miles on my 2015 Jayco Precept 29UM (5 speed 6.8L 3-valve/cyl F53), I'm quite excited. I have long since become a master of hitting that "RES" switch at the first whiff of a hill and taking control of the pedal to prevent that atrocious three-downshifts-into-2nd-gear that is akin to someone scratching a chalkboard.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53