Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:35 PM   #253

Tiffin Owners Club
I would like to be included in the next group buy as well.

909dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #254

Thumbs up

I am going to be looking for my PCM code tomorrow. We are heading up to Estes Park towing our 2015 Jeep Unlimited Sahara from Texas in 3 weeks! We are so excited!

Old 08-02-2015, 08:30 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
I am going to be looking for my PCM code tomorrow. We are heading up to Estes Park towing our 2015 Jeep Unlimited Sahara from Texas in 3 weeks! We are so excited!
Do the tune now. You won't regret it. It's not worth waiting for the Group Buy.
jmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #256

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Vacay Wheels - Eggz2 - BobandDonna

Do yourself a favor... take the IRV2 discount they already give and buy it now.. You'll be so glad you did...
oakcreekeric, Thank you for the recommendation! Happy to know you are enjoying yours as much as you are!
5star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:54 PM   #257

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckinley View Post
Do the tune now. You won't regret it. It's not worth waiting for the Group Buy.
jmckinley, Thank you for the recommendation! Always appreciative to all of the members for sharing their experiences on products that work!
Old 08-11-2015, 12:54 PM   #258

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
SDDAVE, That sounds like you are going to experience a wonderful trip!
Old 08-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #259

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc300turbo View Post
looks like quite a bit of interest 5 star.....can we get a deal going.....lots of new owners here wanting to get a foot in the door!!
<---being one of them.....

if I upgrade exhaust and headers I can re tune correct?
Yes, if you decide to go with intake/headers/exhaust we can always retune.

As for the group buy, stay tuned... <-- Yes, terrible pun fully intended.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #260

National RV Owners Club
Finally got a chance to take our rig out for a 10 day trip. This included a lot of hills some of the 8-9% variety.

What I noticed was the following.
Start up from a standing stop. - They feel crisper and the gear changes seem smoother and better spaced.

Hills - seems much better at holding a gear especially on those short up and down varieties. None of the gear dancing that I had become accustomed to.

Overall just seemed to be a much smoother experience. Power is very thin on the ground for a rig my size so I found this very helpful. Seemed very much like I had had an engine tune up. Short version is that I came away feeling that the money was well spent.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #261

Winnebago Owners Club
Likewise on the positive comments above. I NOW HAVE A 4TH GEAR! Hats off to 5Star for the improvements on the constant up and down gear shifting. Cruise control is not perfect, but an improvement. I hope Chris and the gang let us know somehow when there is a breakthru or upgrade available for download. I am in NC Mountains and loving Tow-Haul and 5 Star. Black Mountain, Asheville, Cherokee, Franklin, and the Highlands have been conquered! So, I agree, don't wait for another discount, life is too short to listen to 4,000 +RPM's.
Are we supposed to register our device?
Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #262

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post
Finally got a chance to take our rig out for a 10 day trip. This included a lot of hills some of the 8-9% variety.

What I noticed was the following.
Start up from a standing stop. - They feel crisper and the gear changes seem smoother and better spaced.

Hills - seems much better at holding a gear especially on those short up and down varieties. None of the gear dancing that I had become accustomed to.

Overall just seemed to be a much smoother experience. Power is very thin on the ground for a rig my size so I found this very helpful. Seemed very much like I had had an engine tune up. Short version is that I came away feeling that the money was well spent.
Great to read you finally had a chance to take your rig out. Thank you for sharing your experience with our tune given your newfound shift pattern, power and the time you were able to put in behind the seat!
Old 08-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #263

Official iRV2 Sponsor

As promised, here is an update for the new group buy. For those that have PM setup and accept PM's, I have send a link to you for the new group buy.

5 Star Tuning Group Buy 2
Old 10-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #264

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
New 5 star tune

Mike, Chris and Josh,

Thank you for the Tune. I stopped by today and picked up my tuner and drove to Myrtle Beach, had to stop at the beach on the way home. I did notice a better CC function and I am looking forward to tackling a few hills in the future. Also thanks for the offer on the sway bar, wish it would have fit my rig because impulse buys are the best kind. I did not drive long enough give the 5 star a good test but will do better Sunday as I drive some hills in VA and MD. I am looking forward to tune updates in the future.
Thanks again
W3BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:43 AM   #265

5 Star Tune - Holiday Sale

Looks like 5 Star is having a holiday sale on the V10 RV X4 tuner for $429.95. $50 off list . If anyone is still interested see the following link:

0. Ford 1996-2015 6.8L V10 RV / Motor Home ONLY! 5 Star Tuning X4 with the 5 Star Tune Preloaded On Device - 5 Star Tuning
Old 12-15-2015, 08:55 AM   #266

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3BY View Post
Mike, Chris and Josh,

Thank you for the Tune. I stopped by today and picked up my tuner and drove to Myrtle Beach, had to stop at the beach on the way home. I did notice a better CC function and I am looking forward to tackling a few hills in the future. Also thanks for the offer on the sway bar, wish it would have fit my rig because impulse buys are the best kind. I did not drive long enough give the 5 star a good test but will do better Sunday as I drive some hills in VA and MD. I am looking forward to tune updates in the future.
Thanks again
You're very welcome! We appreciate you stopping by and look forward to your feedback as you tackle more hills! Great to hear you had the opportunity to swing by the beach.

Anything we can do to assist in the future do not hesitate to call, swing by, etc. It was our pleasure meeting you and your family!