Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #491

Can anyone answer if the tuner is worth anything if you unload your tune (revert back to stock) and by a DP. can you sell the tuner to another V10 person.
Dune Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2016, 09:33 PM   #492

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune Hauler View Post
Can anyone answer if the tuner is worth anything if you unload your tune (revert back to stock) and by a DP. can you sell the tuner to another V10 person.
Yes you can and it will work on any unit from 1999 to 2015 V10. It is good for 5 different units, so the new buyer will be the 2nd unit. You can unload and load it as many times you want to when needed, but ONLY to 5 different units.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:42 PM   #493

MrMudstud
I ask this question because I just sold my old unit that I only used once. 5Star told my customer they had to buy a new tune for $105.00 and the tuner was useless even though it still had unlocks available.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #494

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
MrMudstud
I ask this question because I just sold my old unit that I only used once. 5Star told my customer they had to buy a new tune for $105.00 and the tuner was useless even though it still had unlocks available.
I don't know about any OLD tunes, but this is how the new tunes work. The old tunes need to know the number of the ECM in the unit, and if that is the case, then there is an expense to retune it to a new ECM.

But again $105 is a lot cheaper than $429 in the latest tune cost, IF you get one on a group buy, otherwise it will be a lot more.
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #495

Please add me to the list. If I come to your shop, can I save $. I am located in Hartsville. Thank you.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #496

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
MrMudstud
MrMudstud,

There is some variation in the tuners as far as reuse is concerned.

The X3 - 3000, X3 - 3015, X4 - 7015, LiveWire 5015, LiveWire 5015+, iTSX 4015 and the rest of the SCT lineup is custom tuned per vehicle. Each tune is built on an to order basis. Once the device is returned to stock these custom tunes would have to be identical in everyway to work on the next vehicle.

The 7015FS (which we released in the fall of 2015), is a different animal entirely. This device is loaded with every possible combination of our custom RV tunes. What this means is that you can return it to stock to work on your next 6.8L coach or if you sell it to someone else, they can key on and program their vehicle. This can be done a total of 5 times.

All of these devices are Ford specific. The 7215 lineup will work across the Dodge/Chrysler products and the 7416 will work across the GM/Workhorse platform. Each respective lineup can accept custom tunes with the brand.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #497

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Please add me to the list. If I come to your shop, can I save $. I am located in Hartsville. Thank you.
Hey Garrette,

Give us a call when you'd like to come in. We will get you setup for the group rate and will show you how to install the device.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #498

Group Buy?

Still possible to get the group price?
BRO
BRO6.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #499

Five Star thank you for responding. It would have been nice to know this information beforehand that the tunes will not transfer over to another RV even if I owned it. This information is not clearly stated anywhere even when I purchased it over the phone with you and explained that this would be used on an RV I was planning to sell and was told at the time the tuner could be used on my next coach if it was a 6.8L V10 Ford. What you neglected to inform me was that the tuner can be used but the tunes themselves cannot and it would still cost at a minimum $85 to $105 with each subsequent coach purchase. This information I believe needs to be stated so others don't fall into the same dilemma as me. Again without your tune I would have sold the coach much sooner as it brought my coach to life and made it worth driving. In no way am I bashing your tunes.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:10 AM   #500

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRO6.8 View Post
BRO
Following.
2Humans3Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #501

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRO6.8 View Post
BRO
PM sent.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:58 PM   #502

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Hey Garrette,

Thank you for swinging by the shop today. It was a pleasure visiting with you and hearing about your upcoming travels for the next few years!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
Hey Garrette,

Thank you for swinging by the shop today. It was a pleasure visiting with you and hearing about your upcoming travels for the next few years!

Enjoy the kind reception I received from you and the staff. I installed my tune yesterday with a very minor glitch which Tim helped me with.

These are my first impressions on a short drive.
I noticed that the transmission shifted firmly. No lag and smooth shifting between gears.

Throttle response was smother. I had always thought it was my foot that created a slight surge. Surge is gone. Was not my foot after all.

Accelerates much smoother and got to speed quicker with the same amount of throttle.

Some may understand this next statement. The engine runs freer, breathes better, did not seem to labor. It always seemed to run tight.

Looking forward to our Ashville/ Boone vacation so I can get highway time and really test this tune.

We have a couple of car enthusiasts at work who I showed them your website. They did not know 5Star nor services you offer.

Thank you again. I will post my vacation experience.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #504

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is it too late to get in on the group buy. I have a 2014 Winnebago Vista 31KE. Thank you