Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #547

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercity View Post
Chris,

Been following this thread for a while. We just finished a 4k-mile trip from Texas up through Kansas, to New York state then down to North Carolina and home. Our 2011 Winnebago Access Premier, E-450 based, 6.8 liter V-10 was flawless. Considering that we were owing a 22' trailer with our Miata on it, 7.13 mpg wasn't all that bad. Some issues in the mountains but that's to be expected.

Having said all that, I'm ready to get the tuner and tow tune.

Please let me know at your convenience.

Thanks, Bob
Hey Bob,

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Definitely some enjoyable scenery along the way! Pretty good average mpg especially while towing. Give me a call at the shop when you have the chance and I can assist getting you your tuner. My number is 843-536-1244 ext. 102.

Chris
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2016, 07:19 PM   #548

Still have a group buy going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPFulltimers View Post
Just year and engine type (V-10 in my case). You don't need the PCM code anymore as the unit has advanced and comes preloaded with required programs/etc.
If you still have a group buy going I'd like more info about installing myself and finding out the purpose of the monitor minted on the dashboard.
My warranty on my 2014 Fleetwood bounder v10 triton runs out in December 2016.
Do I have to take out anytime I take in for any engine work? Even oil changes?
Thanks!!😁
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:12 PM   #549

5 Star Tuning

Just found this thread, sounds like a feature that I want to install on my 2014 Class C Forester3011 DS with a Ford V10, we tow a Honda CRV 2013 model.
Put me on the list for the next group buy or special sale.

Thanks, cubby afm
Cubby-afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #550

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby afm View Post
Just found this thread, sounds like a feature that I want to install on my 2014 Class C Forester3011 DS with a Ford V10, we tow a Honda CRV 2013 model.
Put me on the list for the next group buy or special sale.

Thanks, cubby afm
Greetings Cubby afm,

Thank you for your interest in our product. We'd be happy to assist with your coach. Give me a call at 843-536-1244 x 102 and I will be able to get one on the way for you today.

Chris
Old 07-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #551

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
If you still have a group buy going I'd like more info about installing myself and finding out the purpose of the monitor minted on the dashboard.
My warranty on my 2014 Fleetwood bounder v10 triton runs out in December 2016.
Do I have to take out anytime I take in for any engine work? Even oil changes?
Thanks!!😁
mrsportys,

The device can be installed within 10-15 minutes from start to finish. The device will only need to be plugged into the diagnostic port below the dash. For monitoring most (myself included) will monitor trans temp/coolant temp when driving through heavy terrain. Many other parameters can be monitored. The device vin locks to your vehicles vin and operating system. If either are updated the device will be locked. In order to ensure the device won't be locked we recommend returning to stock prior to any service. Any questions that you have let me know.

Chris
Old 07-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #552

Just talked to Chris and I too will be ordering the 5 star tuning. I had a neighbor who had it installed on his Rv at a cost of over $1000.
Sounds like a lot, so after talking with Chris and a little investigation myself, it's a 1-2-3 done process. Talk to you soon Chris. Jim d
Old 07-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #553

Ford Super Duty Owner
Finally took a trip long enough to see some definitive results. The shifting was much better. It downshifted much less. I know they don't promise any mileage increases, although many say it does increase. I'm happy to report that in a 163 mile leg of our trip, the MPG's appeared to be up about 1/2 gallon per mile. Certainly not gonna save me millions but it was certainly a plus that it did happen. I would also note that was on the interstate at about 62 MPH's.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #554

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I want one too. Sign me up. 1999 Holiday Rambler Endeaver.
bic671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #555

New 2016 group buy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post

Voted one of the Best Performance add on’s for Motorhomes by MotorHome Magazine in 2012, 2013 and 2014!

Custom Tuning your 2V V10 or 3V V10 RV is not a problem. We have tuned many V10’s RV’s with great gains overstock. Our Custom Tunes address these general areas in how your V10 RV will operate and function.

Fuel Control – Fuel tables are modified for either better economy or all out performance. Depending on your needs is how most tables are set up. Most RV’s that go into Open Loop use this fuel table for its fueling requirements. Most 2v V10’s will not step up into Open Loop (power enrichment) at WOT and from the factory are calibrated to operate in Closed Loop which restrains power levels. By correcting this power enrichment function alone can increase power and toque from your 2V V10.

Drive By Wire – improvements will be much better throttle response, step on go pedal, vehicle will respond quicker…this DBW system is a torque driven system, it works by taking a certain amount of torque via engine and wheel and applies it to what the driver foot say it needs; a better way to explain it is its a torque limiter. It only allows so much torque at a given pedal position. Stock tables are conservative and numb at best and that’s why one would feel some times a lag or a goofy pedal with DBW systems. For a 3v V10 this is one of the most critical areas that must be addressed and modified to generate more torque and throttle response. By reworking the OEM strategies makes your V10 seems as if 2 more cylinders were added over night!

Timing- can be increased in most RPM areas for improved Torque and HP. Running a higher Octane fuel will net more power and economy. However, with a V10 2v or 3v even running 87 Octane fuel can yield some respectable gains in power and torque over stock.

In all 2v and 3v V10’s Torque Converter strategies can be reworked to lock up sooner and stay locked longer at light cruising speeds to also help with economy…A locked converter is power to the ground. Some times a stock RV when you hit any incline the RV will unlock OD gear and down shift. We can get your RV to hold OD longer and not unlock… now of course on large hills it will down shift…like it should…

On the 3v V10’s, the Ford Strategy is to NOT use all 5 gears in the Torq Shift transmission. Hard to believe I know. In non-tow/haul modes Ford uses only 4 gears when going up through the gearbox. With a custom tune from 5 Star we will use all gears in our shifting and torque converter lock strategies. You will also see quicker shifts, as the RV will proceed into OD quicker than stock strategy. This will provide better power and economy our of your 3v V10.

Shift pressures can be increased and timers can be decreased to help keep trans temperatures down and give the truck or any vehicle a better overall feel. In a V10 shifts are quick and firm most of the delay between shifts are eliminated when using custom tunes.

Shift Schedules – can be modified to an economy or towing calibration. An economy calibration up-shifts will be sooner. Towing calibration shifting will occur higher in the RPM ranges to keep vehicle from lugging and take advantage of the engines peak torque. In 2v V10’s that do not have Tow/Haul mode this can be beneficial when towing. On the 3v V10’s, the Ford Strategy is to NOT use all 5 gears in the Torq Shift transmission. Hard to believe I know. In non-tow/haul modes Ford uses only 4 gears when going up through the gearbox. With a custom tune from 5 Star we will use all gears in our shifting and torque converter lock strategies. You will also see quicker shifts, as the RV will proceed into OD quicker than stock strategy. This will provide better power and economy our of your 3v V10.

If you would like to order prior to the group buy completing use coupon code "irv2forum15" for an instant discount! If you are interested in tuning your truck or car instead of your motorhome we have you covered as well! The more members that are interested in the group buy the better the price will be. =)

I see their are a lot of people interested in signing up to get a 5 star tune for their vehicle.
Can you start another group buy list for 2016 ( as you did in 2015) and list the pricing?
Thanks!
Add me to the list mrsportys .
Old 07-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #556

Gulf Streamers Club
Benefit of higher octane fuel?

In the 5Star info it states:

"Timing- can be increased in most RPM areas for improved Torque and HP. Running a higher Octane fuel will net more power and economy. However, with a V10 2v or 3v even running 87 Octane fuel can yield some respectable gains in power and torque over stock."

I'm heading into the mountains now. What's the best octane to use in my 2006 3V 6.8L Ford V-10?

Thanks!
KPFulltimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #557
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPFulltimers View Post
I'm heading into the mountains now. What's the best octane to use in my 2006 3V 6.8L Ford V-10?
There will most likely be folks that can speak toward hi-altitude and octane better than I however I tried to buy as close to 87 as I could when I was out there.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:47 AM   #558

Is the group buy still on? If so, I would like to purchase. Thanks. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:28 PM   #559

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
Is the group buy still on? If so, I would like to purchase. Thanks. Chuck
chuckbear,

I have opened up the link to the group buy. Below is the link for the group buy pricing. USPS shipping is free. For any expedited shipped methods please contact the shop prior to placing your order otherwise shipment will be sent via USPS.

Ford 1996-2015 IRV2 with the 5 Star Tune Preloaded On Device - 5 Star Tuning
Old 07-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #560

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
chuckbear,

I have opened up the link to the group buy. Below is the link for the group buy pricing. USPS shipping is free. For any expedited shipped methods please contact the shop prior to placing your order otherwise shipment will be sent via USPS.

Ford 1996-2015 IRV2 with the 5 Star Tune Preloaded On Device - 5 Star Tuning
I'm reading this is only for the Ford V10 up to, and including, 2015? Is there one for the 2016/2017?
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote