Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #603

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiles View Post
You guys won't be sorry. I can't say enough good things about the difference it made for me.
Dmiles,

We appreciate the kind words and your recommendation! Great to hear you are really enjoying the differences the tune makes for you!
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #604

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Ok View Post
Is this the tuner with the extra display or just the programmer?
The tuner can be used as an extra display/monitor as well as a programmer.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:22 AM   #605

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
Tried going to www.sctflash.com/ register that went nowhere.
Where do you register for warranty?
Thanks
We're working on getting SCT to correct this on their site so you may register. We also have your device information registered on our end. If you have any issues with the unit reach out to us and we will be happy to assist!
Old 10-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #606

Just having taken my first trip with the Rv after installing the new 5 star I did feel easier gear changes in my 2014 bounder.
Just to verify, can I install the unit back on the Rv and will the unit than say " unit installed". ?
Thanks
mrsportys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:23 AM   #607

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsportys View Post
Just having taken my first trip with the Rv after installing the new 5 star I did feel easier gear changes in my 2014 bounder.
Just to verify, can I install the unit back on the Rv and will the unit than say " unit installed". ?
Thanks
mrsportys,

Hope you had an enjoyable time on your maiden voyage with the tune! The tuner under program vehicle will give you the "return to stock" option once the vehicle is tuned. It will also showcase under married status on the device if it is "married" (tuned) or "unmarried" (not tuned).
Old 10-26-2016, 12:33 PM   #608

Wondering if the Group Buy price was still good? the web site states: Promotional Group Buy for IRV2 Members! Valid through 10/14/2016
Old 10-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #609

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespo View Post
Wondering if the Group Buy price was still good? the web site states: Promotional Group Buy for IRV2 Members! Valid through 10/14/2016
mespo,

I've extended the group buy through 11/30.

Ford IRV2 Group Buy with The 5 Star Tune - 5 Star Tuning
Old 11-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #610

Fleetwood Owners Club
Finally loaded my tune

I finally loaded my 5 Star tune last week, and took the MH to our local mountains this weekend for a trial run (I didn't get mine through this group buy; I got a used tuner and bought a custom tune for my stock+Banks-Ram-Air '07 V-10).

As someone who used to drag race in my youth, I know it's really hard to quantify improvements in performance without the use of timing equipment, so this is fairly subjective. That said, I _think_ I've gotten some performance improvement out of it. I'm quite sure the shifting has improved (seems firmer and quicker, and downshifts less).

The climb out of San Diego into our local mountains includes a 10-mile stretch of 6% grade, so that was a pretty fair workout. I was also towing a 2009 Odyssey, which weighs 4500 pounds. I never dropped below 60 MPH at any time except when I got stuck behind a heavily loaded semi on a really steep section. Even then, I had accelerated to nearly 60 by the time that stretch topped out. I think it downshifted to third gear a lot less than I'm used to on really steep grades.

Overall impression: it doesn't feel like somebody strapped a JATO unit to the top of my MH, but there's some overall improvement. With all the steep, high western grades between me and absolutely anywhere, anything that boosts performance is welcome :-)

I don't expect to see any improvement in mileage (haven't filled up yet since my weekend trip, which was only about 100 miles), since I use any improvement in performance to go uphill faster :-) - but if I do, I'll report that back here.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #611

Fleetwood Owners Club
California smog

If you're running a 5 Star tune in California, have you ever tried smogging it with the 5 Star tune on? If you did, did it pass? I'm not up for smog until well into next year and am planning on putting the stock tune back on before that just to be sure, but curious if I could maybe pass without doing so.

If I put the stock tune back on, how many miles should I drive before taking it in for smog? Or can I flash it to stock and go right in?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2016, 09:20 AM   #612

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegiller View Post
I finally loaded my 5 Star tune last week, and took the MH to our local mountains this weekend for a trial run (I didn't get mine through this group buy; I got a used tuner and bought a custom tune for my stock+Banks-Ram-Air '07 V-10).

As someone who used to drag race in my youth, I know it's really hard to quantify improvements in performance without the use of timing equipment, so this is fairly subjective. That said, I _think_ I've gotten some performance improvement out of it. I'm quite sure the shifting has improved (seems firmer and quicker, and downshifts less).

The climb out of San Diego into our local mountains includes a 10-mile stretch of 6% grade, so that was a pretty fair workout. I was also towing a 2009 Odyssey, which weighs 4500 pounds. I never dropped below 60 MPH at any time except when I got stuck behind a heavily loaded semi on a really steep section. Even then, I had accelerated to nearly 60 by the time that stretch topped out. I think it downshifted to third gear a lot less than I'm used to on really steep grades.

Overall impression: it doesn't feel like somebody strapped a JATO unit to the top of my MH, but there's some overall improvement. With all the steep, high western grades between me and absolutely anywhere, anything that boosts performance is welcome :-)

I don't expect to see any improvement in mileage (haven't filled up yet since my weekend trip, which was only about 100 miles), since I use any improvement in performance to go uphill faster :-) - but if I do, I'll report that back here.
Thank you for taking the time to showcase your experiences of our unit on your coach! I have an exert from an article from MotorHome Magazine showcasing their accerleration tests. As many of us have mixed racing backgrouds we appreciate seeing the numbers on anything driven by a motor.

"To confirm throttle response, we recorded 0-60 mph and 40-60 mph acceleration tests on a long flat road, with and without the reprogramming.
While the improvements are not neck snapping, we did see more than two
seconds shaved off the 0-60 segment. It was clear that the motorhome had
improved throttle response from a stop and low-to-medium speeds, a result
of better engine output and more aggressive transmission shifting."

ACCELERATION
(Stock) (Tuned)
0-60: 25.73 sec 0-60: 23.56 sec
40-60: 14.96 sec 40-60: 13.80 sec
Old 12-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #613

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
have I missed the group buy???
doit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #614

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by doit2010 View Post
have I missed the group buy???
I think we both did :(
Knoxie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
mespo,

I've extended the group buy through 11/30.

Ford IRV2 Group Buy with The 5 Star Tune - 5 Star Tuning
Thanks 5star! I just pulled the trigger and that was a very nice Holiday gift. Most appreciated. I'll keep the forum posted on progress.

2014 Thor 37MD Husky Hauler
zman7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:07 AM   #616

5 Star...your web site now says finding your PCM code is no longer an issue. Does this mean the X4 comes with the 87 octane daily tow tune that works for all the V10's from 1996 to 2015? Why was a PCM code needed before and not now?
Thanks for an explanation.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote