Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #701

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
DGundy

I had called them a few weeks before to make sure I got the Group Buy price and made a appointment, but when I got there they didn't check if I had a appointment, they just got the device, got all the info they needed and installed it. Didn't take long for them to do it. I did get there right as they open, so they weren't busy yet. Just give them a call and let them know when you want to go there.
Thank you! I'm not too worried about the group buy, as I carry my military I.D. everywhere, which they will honor. Good luck with your Tune Up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #702

RV Trip Wizard
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercity View Post
Wish I could. The engine serial # is on the back side of the block. Below the driver-side cylinder head. Next to the flywheel.

This is as close as I can get w/o pulling the cab...
Has anyone heard from Chris of late?
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #703

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Hey all,

Chris is out of the office at a trade show, my name is Aaron. Happy to help with anything in the meantime or anytime. Always appreciate the feedback and if a tune is not acting quite right, we can make adjustments. Just give us a call.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #704

RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
Hey all,

Chris is out of the office at a trade show, my name is Aaron. Happy to help with anything in the meantime or anytime. Always appreciate the feedback and if a tune is not acting quite right, we can make adjustments. Just give us a call.
Hey aaron. Chris was looking into a tune for my 2016 International TerraStar MaxxForce 7.
TIA
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #705

5 star group buy

I am interested in the group buy on the 5 star if it is still available.I didn't see a date on it
Jack kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #706

Cool 5 star tune

SORRY I didn't realize this thread was from 2015. Having a little trouble navigating around
Old 12-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #707

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack kepler View Post
SORRY I didn't realize this thread was from 2015. Having a little trouble navigating around
Jack, check this out, there is a group buy. http://5startuning.com/product/irv2/
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #708

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack kepler View Post
No worries at all! As MrMudStud pointed out the group buy (despite the start of the thread) is still alive and well. =)
Old 02-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegiller View Post
I wonder if anyone, err, knows a guy who knows a guy who has put on a 5 Star tune in California has tried doing a smog check with it in place, and if so, did this hypothetical guy pass?

I know a 5 Star tune isn't CARB certified, but the question is whether it will pass just the same or will it be noticed?

Did you find a hypothetical guy yet? My concern as well. Can you flip it back to factory to pass the test without finding the guy?
Old 02-23-2018, 04:03 AM   #710

Too late for me

Just got my tuner a month ago so it’s too late for me as far as the group buy goes.
I just wanted to say what a difference it made. I haven’t gone on any trips yet. Curse of living in the north east but the miles I’ve driven it have been a pleasure. It does everything they said it would. Power increase is respectable . Shifting is crisp. Downshifting is minimal. It gave my 2valve V10 a personality transplant ! Well worth what I paid.
Jack
Old 03-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #711

Winnebago Owners Club
Made my appointment for next Wednesday. Just hoping there isn't a 4th Nor'easter Monday. 😉🚍🤠
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #712

Stroudwc

Just a update to my 5star programer installed 2 years ago. After driving with 5star for almost 2yrs I had to remove it for warranty service and forgot to reinstall before starting a 2000 mile trip. If you think it is a great improvement when you install it try removing it after driving with it for 20,000 miles. I only made it 200 miles before I couldn't take it anymore and reinstalled mine in a rest area in Illinois.
stroudwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #713

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
Made my appointment for next Wednesday. Just hoping there isn't a 4th Nor'easter Monday. 😉🚍🤠
David,

We appreciate you swinging by yesterday and allowing us to tune your application and install your intake. It was our pleasure hosting you and your wife!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #714

Winnebago Owners Club
👍🚍🤠