Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

AirLift Announcement

I wanted to announce that I'm going back to school for my master's degree and will no longer be working at Air Lift. We'll have a new Air Lift guy here on the forums in a few weeks. In the meantime, if you have any specific questions or concerns about our products, please send a PM and someone from Air Lift will get back with you. You can also call our help line directly 800-248-0892 or email them at service@airliftcompany.com.

I've appreciated the opportunity to work for Air Lift and participate in your forum. Thank you for being receptive to Air Lift and my involvement.

Mike
AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Good luck Mike.. safe travels..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to M zoll
The same here Mike Good Luck , and hope to hear from you again
B&W Companion 5th wheel
M zoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
`Is that Air Lift Lansing, MI.

Question: What are you getting a Master's degree in?

I used Air-Lift on my former tow vehicle, Very pleased with it, Will eventually install it on my current house (Motor home) but that will take a few years.. Have excuse to visit Lansing (2 of them in fact) so may come to factory when I do it.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Mike,

Thank you for your support and good luck back in school!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have a great time back in school.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Hey everyone, my name is Randy Johnson and I'll be picking up where Mike left off. My background is in web design, but I have been in the air suspension world for the past 10+ years, mainly in the minitruck scene.

If you have any Air Lift, load support, or suspension questions/issues, I'm here to assist you. If I don't know the answer, I'll reach out to my team at Air Lift to figure it out and respond ASAP. Being on several forums for many years, I know firsthand how important it is to have your question answered in a timely manner.

With that being said, I look forward to working with all the Ford truck enthusiasts out there. Cheers!
AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLift View Post
Hey everyone, my name is Randy Johnson and I'll be picking up where Mike left off.
Randy, Welcome to the iRV2.com Community.

We promise to take it easy on ya "at first."

We're looking forward to your insight about Air Lift products and we appreciate the support that has been continuously available from Air Lift.

I would like to ask about 21st Century "pneumatic suspension" enhancements that will be seen as standard equipment of certain trim level 2013 Dodge RAM pickups. When the truck is sitting, I understand that the air bags blow and the vehicle sits on the stops. I'm sure that it doesn't take anytime at all to air up the bags and get on the road. They must have some type of stand-by tank that will inflate the bags within a few seconds. Interesting as well is the vehicle entry height where they claim it does not need any climbing to access the seat.

What I am more interested to discuss is the manner in which the suspension will actually blow air out of the bags "at cruising speed." The RAM folks claim that this reduces the overall height of the vehicle and allows it to reduce the frontal area of the vehicle making a smaller hole in the slipstream improving MPG.

I'm sure that technology like this must be quite expensive to develop however in engineering this solution, do you expect that it bumps the retail price of the vehicle, will work as advertised and yet be cost effective for buyers to consider buying into the technology.

Aside from that ... how's it going!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote