Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor
Thumbs up Check out this monster! GearSpace 34 Cargo Carrier

Product Overview: For transport of large items like bicycles to all the living gear you want to take along on your roadtrip, the GearSpace™ 34 cargo carrier is the all-in-one solution. Ideal luggage carrier for family, RV, and anyone with many passengers and/or tons of luggage or other types of cargo. Aerodynamic, secure, and water-tight design provides more cargo capacity than any rooftop or hitch based cargo carrier available today. Ideally suited for the tow strength of large SUVs, pick ups, and RV motor homes

Cargo Box Space: 34 cubic feet
DimensionsOutside: 68″L x 33″W x 40″H
Inside: 63″L x 28″W x 40″H
Empty Cargo Carrier Weight: 120 lbs. (70 lbs capsule + 50 lbs TwinTube™ platform)
Cargo Carrier Weight Capacity: Up to 300 lbs.
Tow Rating: Designed for 2″, Class II or higher.
Materials: Tough, high density polyethylene (capsule) and steel (TwinTube™ hitch rack platform).
Latches: Automotive grade elastomer, corrosion-proof draw latches provide tight fit lid enclosure for complete weatherability of cargo carrier.
Lock: Stainless steel pin lock.
Lighting: Complete lighting system with LED lights and illuminated license plate holder using four-flat connector plug.
Hitch Pin: Two patented Silent Hitch Pins™ included for Total Stability™ .
Installed Clearance: Up to 10″ from hitch pin hole to cargo box.
Telescoped Clearance: Up to 31″ from hitch pin hole to cargo box.
Color: Dark & Light Gray

Product Review

Positives: This thing is huge! With 34 cu/ft of space that is more than most smaller RV’s have for outside storage. Top opens like a clam shell for easy access, weather tight, lockable, has it’s own lights, very well built, stable, did I mention it’s huge!

Negatives: Definetly need 2 to 3 people to install, can block rear window visibility depending on what wehicle it is mounted on, it’s heavy at 120 lbs., and pretty pricey at $1287 but there is nothing else out there that comes close to it’s size and quality

Price: $1287.65

Review Summary: I love it! I did not know how much I would like it until we did a week long 2400 mile trip. I will begin with the installation, this was installed on a Class C motorhome which required a 6″ reciever extension to clear the rear ladder. Make sure you take into account RV ladders, spare tires and other obstructions and order the proper length extension if required. It is delivere fully assembled and simply requires you to plug in the hitch potion and than slide on the cargo section over the tubes. Very simple but will require 2 people and 3 would be better to help line up the tubes. The GearSpace 34 does extend to clear the rear hatch of a SUV, but I do not need this feature and only slide it back and forth during installation. I could see if it was fully loaded and you ran in alot of gritty rain it could make sliding a little more difficult. The unit comes with 2 silent hich pins to keep everything nice and tight and not rattling or swaying back and forth. There are 2 large rubber/plastic latches to keep the top secure and they are easy to use and work very well. I was a bit worried that the foam gaskets used to seal the top would leak water, but I ran in heavy rain, sleet & snow for about 1,000 miles of the trip and everything stayed bone dry. The tailights on the unit are LED and very bright, there is even a license plate holder. I absolutely would recommend this product to anyone needing more storage space while traveling.

Twin Tube Reciever Unit

Clam Shell Top

Loaded up with mountain bike, towel rack, table, large outdoor reclining chair, cleaning supplies & there is plenty of room for more.
2012 Showhauler Legend 40' Conversion
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

cargo carrier, cargo rack