Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Looks like an easy system to use and does away with most of the mess. I just ordered one, so I will see how it does.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #30
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelm48 View Post
Looks like an easy system to use and does away with most of the mess. I just ordered one, so I will see how it does.
Mike, if you have any questions when you receive your system please give us a call. We are sure you will be very satified with it!
Dumper Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #31
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
Used the polychute for the first time last week. Used it at the dump station on our way out of camp and liked the way it worked. The tub it comes with is great for storage with the locking cover. I like the clear view sections at both ends.
Mike, The clear view sections are big hits with everyone. To be able to see when it runs clear is great. Thanks for the kudos.... Call us anytime or visit our web site if you have any questions.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #32
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsizer View Post
LeeB - we got the same - 20' + the extension - awesome products!!! They work very well & no leaks or stink! Agree on length too! !! Just move to better spot!
First thing you'll do is throw away all the leaking stinking " old " hoses!! Enjoy!
Bernie, the "no leaks and no stink" is a great feature to have. Thanks for the kudos on our product. As we always tell everyone, we are here for you anytime, so please call us even if it's only to say HI....
Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #33
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
I called Drain Master a couple days ago and talked to a gentleman named Doug. I can say that our 37 minute conversation convinced me to go to Hollister and buy the set-up next week. I can tell there is going to be support after I make my purchase and that means a lot in this day and age. I will be installing the 8" in order to make room. I look forward to tossing all the "Cheapo" sewer connections I have.

I plan on buying the Polychute system and the extension. That will give me a total of 32ft and if I need to go more then 32ft to dump I'll find a better place to camp..
Lee, We look forward to seeing you this week. We are here for RVers and any questions they may have regarding thier waste systems. Our favorite saying is "We don't outsourse our customer service".Give us a call and let us know when you are arriving.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #34
Cat

Valve slow operation

Dan I have had your system for a couple years. And have been very pleased with it's operation. But I had trouble with one valve starting to slow down while opening and closing. I realize that eventually all valves need to be cleaned and relubed due to the enviroment they work in.

Here is my problem. I removed the valve and soaked it in the recommended sensor solution. But after a week in the solution and moving the valve through its normal open and close positions, the movement is still to stiff. Is there anything else I can do? It does not appear that I can actually take the valve part? Is there another cleaner I could use? It has been a great product-the ability to dump the tanks in the middle of the night with out going outside and under my slide has made my life much easier.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumper Dan View Post
Lee, We look forward to seeing you this week. We are here for RVers and any questions they may have regarding thier waste systems. Our favorite saying is "We don't outsourse our customer service".Give us a call and let us know when you are arriving.
Had to order via internet. What I ordered came from Southern Calif. I got everything except the extension hose and that may come tomorrow or the next day. We go camping in a few weeks and I will report back my results then. So far it looks like a Quality Product..
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #36

Poor betsy-tom got rid of their sani con or rather the sani con got rid of them, they went to the Drain Master set up and cannot say enough good things about it. If you are wondering how/if it can be permanently attached they did it;

betsy-tom (betsy-tom)'s Photos | SmugMug
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #37
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
Poor betsy-tom got rid of their sani con or rather the sani con got rid of them, they went to the Drain Master set up and cannot say enough good things about it. If you are wondering how/if it can be permanently attached they did it;

betsy-tom (betsy-tom)'s Photos | SmugMug
Thank you so much for the kudos! If anyone has any questions regarding the installation of our products, please call us at 877-787-8833 or email us at doug@drainmaster.com

Dumper Dan
"We do not outsource our customer service"
Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #38

Drain Master works as advertised. In all my years of RV'ing I can say it was WELL worth the price.

My only complaint is color. I just hope it does not attract someone who knows what it is and steals it. A camo cloth would work or if it was painted to look like a Rattle Snake.....
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #39
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Drain Master works as advertised. In all my years of RV'ing I can say it was WELL worth the price.

My only complaint is color. I just hope it does not attract someone who knows what it is and steals it. A camo cloth would work or if it was painted to look like a Rattle Snake.....
Good Morning Lee,
Well, never did think of the color in this way. We thought we wanted everyone to see it so they would ask about it, not just take it.

So glad you like our system and please give us a call any time you have a question or just want to say HI. 877-787-8833 or visit our web page

Have a great weekend...
Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #40
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Dan I have had your system for a couple years. And have been very pleased with it's operation. But I had trouble with one valve starting to slow down while opening and closing. I realize that eventually all valves need to be cleaned and relubed due to the enviroment they work in.

Here is my problem. I removed the valve and soaked it in the recommended sensor solution. But after a week in the solution and moving the valve through its normal open and close positions, the movement is still to stiff. Is there anything else I can do? It does not appear that I can actually take the valve part? Is there another cleaner I could use? It has been a great product-the ability to dump the tanks in the middle of the night with out going outside and under my slide has made my life much easier.
Cat, I apologize that our reply did not get posted as planned. So I am reposting the reply here and please if you have any questions, please call us or email us at 877-787-8833 or www.drainmaster.com

OUR REPLY:
Hi Cat,
The one I am most familiar with is called Slunky
http://www.rvstuffusa.com/slunkydrainhosesupportbyjbscompany.html I personally never used one because my coach was fairly low to the ground. Two schools of thought here, one is to create the proper slope so drainage is free flowing. The other is that having water in the hose creates a sewer gas trap and as you empty your tank the water flows into the sewer anyway. We are proponents of keeping your dump valves closed until the tank or tanks are 3/4 full in which case sewer gasses are not an issue.
Using a Slunky style product and the Polychute hose combination should resolve the hose falling off issue.

Doug

Old 12-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
To Dan and all the rest of the folks at Drainmaster, I would like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous and Happy New Year!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
I would like to see a video of the install inside an A class compartment and not just outside on a trailer.
mak1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain master, introduction, pollychute