Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
I tore my mud flap up first trip home from the dealer, I am not sure if they had it hung too low or if I just cant use one but here is what happened. I have a fairly steep high water bridge to cross to get on my property. Consequently when I go down either side the trailer hitch drags the concrete. I have purchased a cast wheel that is connected to the hitch so it rolls across and the weight is not dragging on the hitch itself. My problem is the mud flap was drug on the bridge and laid it towards the back and was caught on the hitch and bent the frame of the flap. It is adjustable so I will experiment with it once it dries out here in Arkansas. Also had a long reflector on each side but the passenger side melted from the exhaust from the diesel motor before I got home. If I get it where it does not get caught under the hitch I will buy a chromed decoration with something clever written on it.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #16

You may want to try finding somewhere to mount it further forward on the coach. Then it will not reach back to the hitch to get caught under it. Also, just make sure it is at least 4" off the ground as you move down the road.
Hope that helps.
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:44 PM   #17

Why our mud flaps?

I hate to beep my own horn, but for some reason a couple of other members are talking about competitors mud flaps, and it is time to point out some differences between ours and theirs.
For today, I am listing our features on our coach mud flaps.
* We make them custom, with both custom designs, and custom fit for each coach.
* We have a galvanized backing plate with our drag lip which due to its bend adds more strength, and also gives something strong to drag on the ground as the coach goes up steep driveways.
* We use powder coated angle iron as a hanging bracket instead of just flat bar for even more strength.
* We have stainless steel hanging ears that are adjustable for if or when you trade your coach for a newer one. Have a custom design created, and take it with you.
* Our rubber is a 3/8" thick double nylon reinforced virgin rubber, with an anti petroleum coating to keep the road oils from eating thru the rubber.
* We sell replacement parts if you have only slight damage to your mud flap.
* We use only the best available hardware including closed eye bolts instead of open.
Take a look at our website, and do not hesitate to phone or email with any questions.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back of mud flap hanging.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	102232  
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #18

Good people to work with!

3500 RAM Dually 4X4

Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote