Originally Posted by RVupgrades
The Bauer EM Electric RV Door Lock is an intelligent key-less entry system which knows the position of the deadbolt and indicates low battery strength, as well as providing audible feedback to successful locking and unlocking functions. It is the fist self-contained electronic RV latch for Motorhomes using Capacitive Touch Technology.
- The first self-contained electronic RV latch for Motorized Vehicles with Capacitive Touch Technology
- An integral touch pad to the latch which controls the dead bolt
- It is powered by 4 AA batteries
- Retrofitable in most 2-Pin Motorized RV entry doors, and is easy to install
- Programmable with a 4 digit PIN number
- The large buttons are easy to see and use
- Proximity sensing which illuminates the buttons
- Knows the position of the deadbolt and indicates low battery strength
- Provides audible feedback to successful locking and unlocking functions
- The key will always be able to operate the paddle or dead bolt lock in case of the user forgetting the code or dead battery
- FMVSS206 approved for use in Motorized vehicles. (FMVSS206 is the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard which requires the lock system to possess the necessary strength for motorized vehicle usage)
- Supplied with a strike plate that must be installed to insure compliance to the standard
My 2005 Airstream DP has a Trimark single action entry door lock, no dead bolt as shown below.
Can the Bauer lock be retrofitted to replace my lock.