Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor
New Product - Battery Operated LED Lighting

About 3 weeks ago I got a call from MR Beams a company which is just around the corner from our offices here in Eastlake, Oh. They where interested in getting their product listed on our site, so I took a look at what they where selling. I found it was battery powered LED lighting operated by motion sensors. Over the years I have looked at alot of this type of product and after testing quite a few they always fell short, so I was not to excited with the prospects of this version. But they insisted I try the samples they where going to send and I agreed. The issues I have traditionally found with LED lighting in this form is that it usually is to dim, the motion sensor is worthless and dealing with batteries can be a pain.

So with an open mind I broke open the box of samples and began my evaluation. The units themselves look great, there was definitely some thought put into the design, the LED's looked tiny so I was a bit worried. I through some batteries in the Anywhere Light and after putting it into a dark closet was about blinded by the amount of light it gave off. (BTW don't do what I did and try and cover the sensor with your hand and think it will turn on, and when it doesn't, figure the unit is broken. And then after reading the instruction figure out the unit must be in darkness to work )

My initial test was the night light which I mounted in our home bathroom. And after a middle of the night trip to test it out it work perfectly. I was amazed at how far the sensor will pick up and with the light point in the prefect spot I was sold.

The light is super bright from such a small package, the motion sensor work incredibly well and is their claim to fame, but what about the batteries? Mr Beams claims to get about 1 year + out of a set of batteries and that is a major

I have one on the stairs going into rig and one in the bathroom. I also use their outdoor version to light up the area from the RV to the campfire. This is definitely one of the better products to come along in quite some time.

LED Wireless Lighting

Here is my RV entry installation

2012 Showhauler Legend 40' Conversion
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Looks pretty good...

Jim & SherrySeward

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Oh man, where were you when I was buying all those LED bulbs at the Fleetwood MHA rally last June?

IMO, LED is the way to go. We really like, & use more often, the lights we put LED bulbs in. Much brighter light, less heat & less electicity usage.

On a side note, the LED light vendor told us LED bulbs don't attract bugs like the incandescent ones do. Not quite true. Our LED's don't seem to attract the moths or beetle bugs, but they still attract those pesky gnats & when those gnats get in, they're really hard to get 'em all...even with a DustBuster.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for posting this and for the link.

My husband, Tom, and I won't take possession of our RV until early next week, but we've already been reading about and discussing the pros and cons of LEDs. These have some of the better/brighter lights I've seen.

I really like the spot and the step lights for my step-daughter. She's single and uses her TT a lot, preferring State and National Parks to commercial campgrounds and always asks for a quiet/remote spot. We worry about her coming back to her rig after dark. Especially since she's about 5'2" and weighs (maybe) 100 pounds, soaking wet.

We'll have to get some of those for her. And some for us, too, once we get our Vista and can get a feel for what we'll actually need. Although I like the night lights for our stick house.

Floridafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow and the prices are really decent! Thanks, great suggestions.
Papa John & Mother Mary 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX, 34N
2008 Hyundai Elantra - Toad
Tampa, Florida
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote