Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
My first thought was that it looked like it would restrict the air flow.

Have they tested for the volume of air flow?
I have reached out to the manufacturer and they stated that the AC silencer does not restrict the air flow.
RVupgrades.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Installed 2 in our Monaco. What a difference! We don't need to blast out the neighbors with TV so we can hear it!
Old 03-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #17
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We are so happy you like the AC silencer and thank you for letting us and everyone else know.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:11 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RVupgrades...thanks for sponsoring this site. I appreciate it.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #19
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
RVupgrades...thanks for sponsoring this site. I appreciate it.
You are very welcome!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #20

Air Flow

So I get that the noise level is lower, but is the air flow restricted?
Seems that by moving the opening away from the intake on the unit unit and having the air to travel to the intake would restrict airflow.
Can anyone comment on whether they have seen a reduction in airflow that uses this product?
Thanks in advance
ranchmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchmanager View Post
So I get that the noise level is lower, but is the air flow restricted?
Seems that by moving the opening away from the intake on the unit unit and having the air to travel to the intake would restrict airflow.
Can anyone comment on whether they have seen a reduction in airflow that uses this product?
Thanks in advance
Do not believe there is any restriction. Air comes in under area where quick cool vent [now closed off] and a couple of inches to the regular intake, which is a little bit bigger the the original. Only difference I can see, is the reduction in noise.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #22

From my Post on FR Forum

Like many, the TV volume gets moved up and down as the A/C cycles on and off. FMCA highlighted a product from Wack O Products designed to silence the roof A/C units.

https://wackoproducts.com/

Well at $189 they are a bit pricey. Well I bit the bullet and ordered one. After the first one and a few sound measurements, I purchased another for the bedroom.

Before install, the A/C was a standard Dometic ceiling fixture with the "quick dump" feature. On low speed fan, the dB reading was 68-72 dB. After a 10 minute install, same fan speed I got a reading of 58 - 62 dB. Normal conversation at 3' is 60 - 65 dB. Now I can set the TV at a reasonable level and hear it with or without the A/C running.

In addition to the reduced noise, the filter is worlds better that stupid piece of foam held in place by a plastic grate that is very easy to break. The unit uses a very sturdy electrostatic filter which is easily cleaned by vacuuming it off.

They look IMHO quite a bit more stylish and definitely will be easier to keep clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-C Silencer - 1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	249334   Click image for larger version

Name:	A-C Silencer - 2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	249335  

Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #23
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Thank you so much for posting your experience with the Wacko Products AC Silencer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalich View Post
Like many, the TV volume gets moved up and down as the A/C cycles on and off. FMCA highlighted a product from Wack O Products designed to silence the roof A/C units.

https://wackoproducts.com/

Well at $189 they are a bit pricey. Well I bit the bullet and ordered one. After the first one and a few sound measurements, I purchased another for the bedroom.

Before install, the A/C was a standard Dometic ceiling fixture with the "quick dump" feature. On low speed fan, the dB reading was 68-72 dB. After a 10 minute install, same fan speed I got a reading of 58 - 62 dB. Normal conversation at 3' is 60 - 65 dB. Now I can set the TV at a reasonable level and hear it with or without the A/C running.

In addition to the reduced noise, the filter is worlds better that stupid piece of foam held in place by a plastic grate that is very easy to break. The unit uses a very sturdy electrostatic filter which is easily cleaned by vacuuming it off.

They look IMHO quite a bit more stylish and definitely will be easier to keep clean.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #24

I just installed one and so far I'm well pleased. Going to Augusta, GA for a week beginning on Monday. 90 plus degree days will give it a good test. If that test is satisfactory, I'll order a second in a week.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #25
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davismills View Post
I just installed one and so far I'm well pleased. Going to Augusta, GA for a week beginning on Monday. 90 plus degree days will give it a good test. If that test is satisfactory, I'll order a second in a week.
Sounds good, let us know how it works out for your in Augusta, have a great trip!
Old 06-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I made my own a couple of years ago. Mine really does work and cost about five bucks. That one should work well too.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVupgrades.com View Post
Sounds good, let us know how it works out for your in Augusta, have a great trip!
Worked great. Ordered another one
Old 07-16-2019, 12:22 PM   #28
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davismills View Post
Worked great. Ordered another one
Awesome, we are so glad the AC silencer is working great for you!