Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

New ScanGaugeII Vehicle Computer & Voyager Wireless Backup Monitor

In this weeks newsletter we feature:

ScanGaugeII Ultra Compact Multi-Function Vehicle Computer
The ScanGaugeII is a programmable 3-in-1 vehicle computer features include more than 15 built-in digital gauges, 4 trip computers and an easy-to-use ScanTool that shows both set and pending trouble codes. All in an ultra compact design that installs in minutes. ScanGaugeII installs in just minutes without tools and does not require batteries or an external power source. All data and power are derived from the single OBDII connection.

Voyager Digital Wireless Backup Monitor System
The Voyager Digital Wireless Backup Monitoring System features WiSight technology which far exceeds the performance of analog wireless backup systems. WiSight digitally locks the Voyager camera to its monitor so it only communicates with that monitor, ignoring outside signals, eliminating interference. WiSight technology works on vehicles 60+ feet in length, a significantly longer distance than wireless analog systems.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire that does not have an ODBII connection.... it only has a 9pin diagnostic connector, according to Newmar. Is there a similar device to the SanGuage II that will connect to this 9pin connector?

Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Tom - ScanGauge will have a diesel version out shortly, but a better solution is the --> Silver Leaf Engine Monitoring System.

With a laptop and the Silver Leaf software & hardware kit you are able to monitor much more information. The software is free and you can download that at the link provided above to have a look at all of the functions. The hardware kits run $306.25.

They also have an in dash kit --> VMS 240 CL Engine Monitoring System

I ran this system in my 03 Freightliner Conversion and transferred it to my 06 Winnebago Vectra. The fuel information was what I watch mostly, but it was great to have when something was going wrong to view the error codes. Basically delivers the same information as laptop version just more compact. It runs $1710
Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I called Newmar, they said I did not have an ODBII connection, there is only a 9pin connector..... not sure what that means with regard to this whole topic. They told me to call Spartan and Cummins.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Tom I should have mentioned that the Silverleaf system has the option to be used with the 9 pin connector found in your Newmar. On the diesel rigs they use either a 6 or 9 pin duetch connector for the diagnostic plug, this is standard for all diesel rv's & trucks (semi's) for that matter. This connector can be found near the steering column and usually has a protective cap over it.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Tom I should have mentioned that the Silverleaf system has the option to be used with the 9 pin connector found in your Newmar. On the diesel rigs they use either a 6 or 9 pin duetch connector for the diagnostic plug, this is standard for all diesel rv's & trucks (semi's) for that matter. This connector can be found near the steering column and usually has a protective cap over it.

Is there an engine monitoring system that is compatible with an I-Pad?
Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Silverleaf is working on an app for ipad & iphone but from what we have been told it's not ready yet. Some BETA users have mentioned that the information shown on screen is not in gauge format. They are saying it will be mid summer before they have anything commercially ready.

There are many users who have the VMSpc system on a PC laptop and wirelessly delivering that information to an ipad using Mocha VNC lite. VNC lite is free app that allows you to see exactly whats on the PC on your ipad.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVupgrades View Post
Silverleaf is working on an app for ipad & iphone but from what we have been told it's not ready yet. Some BETA users have mentioned that the information shown on screen is not in gauge format. They are saying it will be mid summer before they have anything commercially ready. There are many users who have the VMSpc system on a PC laptop and wirelessly delivering that information to an ipad using Mocha VNC lite. VNC lite is free app that allows you to see exactly whats on the PC on your ipad.
I get it but I want to be able to eliminate the laptop all together so I'll wait until the iPad version is available
Old 02-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #9

Tom, Look at what this guy has done (no laptop,using a Win Tablet):
Installing VMSpc using inexpensive Windows Tablet

HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer