Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Newmar Factory Tour

I am pleased to present this video on behalf of our sponsor
Newmar Corporation.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We've been on that tour several times. It is extremely interesting. Well worth the time.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Itasca View Post
We've been on that tour several times. It is extremely interesting. Well worth the time.
X2!

I've done the Newmar tour 7 times, DW has done it 3. We're having factory delivery of our '13 Dutch Star in mid-February and can't wait.

I'm sure the factory tour would be fun at any manufacturer. At Newmar, there is something fun at work to see the Amish majority of the labor force working quietly, diligently and "just getting it done." Very impressive all the way. We thanked the guys for doing such good work on our coach and they almost uniformly thanked us for our order.

This is the way it should work.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
X2!

I've done the Newmar tour 7 times, DW has done it 3. We're having factory delivery of our '13 Dutch Star in mid-February and can't wait.

I'm sure the factory tour would be fun at any manufacturer. At Newmar, there is something fun at work to see the Amish majority of the labor force working quietly, diligently and "just getting it done." Very impressive all the way. We thanked the guys for doing such good work on our coach and they almost uniformly thanked us for our order.

This is the way it should work.

Deek
That is well put Deek. "This is the way it should work".

When we were there for 1 year warranty service and they came for our coach every morning at 6 am (ugh) it was special to see Newmar workers arriving to work at 5:30 am on bicycles. A lot of them rode bikes to work and always spoke to me in the most pleasant tone with a smile as they were riding by.

It was a special trip to Amish country that we will never forget. If only our whole country could share some of the simplicity of these wonderful people and their work ethic. We would all be better off.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Took the factory tour and learned a lot about MH's. Everyone should go at least once in their lifetime. The way they move those big MH's on those air pads is unbelievable. Jim
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
That is well put Deek. "This is the way it should work".

When we were there for 1 year warranty service and they came for our coach every morning at 6 am (ugh) it was special to see Newmar workers arriving to work at 5:30 am on bicycles. A lot of them rode bikes to work and always spoke to me in the most pleasant tone with a smile as they were riding by.

It was a special trip to Amish country that we will never forget. If only our whole country could share some of the simplicity of these wonderful people and their work ethic. We would all be better off.

Don

Don --

Our great friend at Newmar, Michelle Howard, told us when we were there to see our coach headed down the production line in early January that all the Amish bikes are hand built and actually are not cheap -- most costing about $900-1,000 (!) depending on how many baskets and other accessories for storage they add on for groceries, etc. She said that there is bike shop that does most of the building of them about 1/2 mile down just off Route 6 -- you would be able to see the sign for the bike shop but .... they don't sell to us ("the English") -- only the Amish.

How about that????

I am charmed by so many things about these wonderful people. I have often wondered -- but kept to myself -- the question of how they view us as they build these magnificent machines we love so much. They are things that the Amish would never own or operate themselves and it seems ironic to me that they lead such simple and uncomplicated lives building and build for us with such devotion and dedication such complex, complicated and beautiful motor homes. I frankly cannot imagine having as much confidence in anyone else building our coach than these guys. We thanked them for taking such care on our coach and they thanked us for our business. Terrific stuff!

We too had the experience of traveling to Nappanee to have warranty work done on our '11 Ventana and had to be ready for them at 6:00 a.m. Not easy for us at that hour, but easy for them. Michelle says that most of them are up by 4:00 to do their farm chores before leaving by 5:30 to bike to the plant to start work at 6:00. Wow!!!!

You just have to ask yourself -- who has the better life here? We who have so much and so much complexity in our lives with all that comes and goes -- or them with life so simple and uncomplicated by most of the stuff that bogs us down so often.

Anyhow, it is fun to see different life styles and values -- and this, of course, is what makes motor homing so much fun too -- bumping into others who come from different places and different walks of life but share the same wonder of adventure and interest to check out our fabulous country. It's what makes all this stuff so much fun.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wonder if they ride into Newmar at 5:30 am on bikes when the weather is cold, wet, and snowy. I guess the bike beats walking, as I know they don't own cars.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
I wonder if they ride into Newmar at 5:30 am on bikes when the weather is cold, wet, and snowy. I guess the bike beats walking, as I know they don't own cars.

Mike
Some of them do. And I think some of the foremen who are not Amish go around and pick up some of the workers on their teams. At least, that's what the service guys told me once.

Tags
newmar