Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 7720 GPS With Lifetime Maps - $299.95

The all new Rand McNally RVND 7720 7" RV GPS is designed for RV'ers with it's award-winning routing and tools that help you plan, prepare, and enjoy each RV adventure. New design features include easy-grip gps, brighter screen that adjusts for low and strong light, and upgraded speaker. Additional updates include Wi-Fi Connect to wireless hotspot or mobile access point on your smartphone to receive live weather data, Weather Dynamic including current and forecasted details for your current location, destination, and anywhere along your route. Choose from 10 different live map overlays to display important information for RVers, such as wind speed and precipitation. Video input for back-up or rear view cameras, Fuel log which track fuel purchases, including where purchased, gallons and total cost, and organize by date or state. And best of all free Lifetime Map upgrades. The RVND 7720 GPS Includes: windshield mount, vehicle charger, wall charger, quick start guide, USB Cable, RVND dock doftware installed and included on your device, and 1 rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. Map Coverage: U.S. & Canada, Warranty: One-year limited factory warranty. Dimensions: 7 3/8"(W), 5 1/16"(H), 7/8"(D)

For a limited time this unit is available for $299.95 + shipping.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #2

I am a newbie. Purchased this and love it. I actually prefer it to the factory one in my car. The lifetime map option is a cost saver too. No regrets. Easy set up. Great tutorial.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, that's a great price!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #4

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We currently have 39 units available, but that wont last to long.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

For those of you who purchased the 7710 model and are wondering if it is worth the money to upgrade, here are my thoughts with a side by side comparison.

I ran the 7710 this year in my RV and I will say it is probably the most useful GPS I have owned to date. One issue I encountered was not updating my RV information when we moved from one RV, a class C, to a super C. I ran into a low bridge issue, cursing the GPS when in turn it was my own fault.

The first thing you notice with the 7720 is the dull rubberized exterior for easier handling and no glare when viewing the screen, not that I am carrying this thing around, but I like the look. The easy to reach big power button is also a nice update. Another exterior update was the move of the plug port to the back of the unit vs off to the left side on the 7710. They claim the screen is brighter on 7720, but I cant tell the difference with the updated software installed on the 7710. And last is the speaker upgrade, but I am not sure if that was a software or hardware upgrade. The voice is definitely louder but also sounded a little distorted.

The big update on the inside is the dynamic weather with a wifi connection. I guess if your trying to avoid weather it's nice to see a weather overlay on your route, but with smart phones, the feature may not get used all that often. The video input for a backup camera could be interesting if you are in need of dash space. Fuel tracking is another update, but I barely remember to have the campground address with me when are ready to leave so I doubt I will remember to log my fuel. It might make you depressed knowing how much money these things cost to run. Some of the 7710 did not offer the Lifetime Maps, so this is a big plus although how long is a GPS's lifetime, 3 maybe 4 years now a days. Those are the major differences, if you own a 7710, this is not a must have upgrade. Unless you have to have the latest and greatest.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
srh

Country Coach Owners Club
Better yet, you can get for $288.74 shipping included from here:
RAND MCNALLY 0528006991 TRIPMAKER(R) RVND(TM) 7720 GPS DEVICE
Regards to all!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

It doesn't appear you get lifetime maps from that site for that price. I also added it to a cart and they are charging $160.95 for ups ground shipping.

Order Total 1 Item(s): $288.74 Shipping: $160.95 Taxes: $18.19 TOTAL: $467.88 Balance: $467.88
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Better yet, you can get for $288.74 shipping included from here:
RAND MCNALLY 0528006991 TRIPMAKER(R) RVND(TM) 7720 GPS DEVICE
Regards to all!
I definitely would not order anything from this website. I got the same $160 dollar shipping cost. Really!!!!
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
So do they personally hand deliver it to you for the $160.00 or simply buy it a seat in first class and fly it to you?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I appreciate honesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVupgrades View Post
For those of you who purchased the 7710 model and are wondering if it is worth the money to upgrade, here are my thoughts with a side by side comparison.

<snip>

... if you own a 7710, this is not a must have upgrade. Unless you have to have the latest and greatest.

This is the most important piece of information ...

It's an outstanding deal, but my 7710 (with lifetime updates) is only 6 months old and I appreciate the honest feedback from the dealer. Thank you.

[p.s., I am an RVUpgrades customer]
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I had heard that the 7710 was super slow at calculating a new route. Can anyone comment on the average time to begin navigating once you enter the address?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVupgrades View Post

I ran the 7710 this year in my RV and I will say it is probably the most useful GPS I have owned to date. One issue I encountered was not updating my RV information when we moved from one RV, a class C, to a super C. I ran into a low bridge issue, cursing the GPS when in turn it was my own fault.

The first thing you notice with the 7720 is the dull rubberized exterior for easier handling and no glare when viewing the screen, not that I am carrying this thing around, but I like the look. The easy to reach big power button is also a nice update. Another exterior update was the move of the plug port to the back of the unit vs off to the left side on the 7710. They claim the screen is brighter on 7720, but I cant tell the difference with the updated software installed on the 7710. And last is the speaker upgrade, but I am not sure if that was a software or hardware upgrade. The voice is definitely louder but also sounded a little distorted.

The big update on the inside is the dynamic weather with a wifi connection. I guess if your trying to avoid weather it's nice to see a weather overlay on your route, but with smart phones, the feature may not get used all that often. The video input for a backup camera could be interesting if you are in need of dash space. Fuel tracking is another update, but I barely remember to have the campground address with me when are ready to leave so I doubt I will remember to log my fuel. It might make you depressed knowing how much money these things cost to run. Some of the 7710 did not offer the Lifetime Maps, so this is a big plus although how long is a GPS's lifetime, 3 maybe 4 years now a days. Those are the major differences, if you own a 7710, this is not a must have upgrade. Unless you have to have the latest and greatest.

Thank you very much for that review! I appreciate the side-by-side comparison; very helpful.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just ordered one !
I'm in Canada, and when I went to order on the website, the only shipping option I was given was UPS . Was going to give up! Decided to call, and they can ship smaller items USPS .
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Just curious but what do people think of the weather information on screen?

Looks like a great unit.

Tags
gps