Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
Official iRV2 Sponsor
Review of the ACME EZE-TOW Tow Dolly

Our customer just sent this to us, I was not certain about where to put it. He gave us permission to repost it.

Please forward this email to Richard Brown:

As I had previously advised that I would submit my testimonial after using the Acme Eze Tow Dolly, you have my permission to submit this testimonial for all your future customers to read.

I purchased a new 2014 Ford Class C Motor home 31 feet in length. Some places that I camp at do not have a local rental car agency to have access to a car in the event that the wife and I want to drive around outside the campground. So my wife and I purchased a new 2014 Mazda, Mazda 2 to pull behind our motor home.

I needed a tow dolly for the car so I searched the internet and located a new master tow dolly in my area. I purchased the tow dolly and was only advised on the method of putting the car on and off the tow dolly. This tow dolly had electric drum brakes. I was not informed about backing with the tow dolly or making sharp turns with the tow dolly. I did not know that this tow dolly would "swivel" upon making turns.

My "FIRST" camping adventure was worse nightmare ever! I placed the tow dolly to my motor home and placed my new Mazda on the tow dolly. This Mazda had "90 miles" on the speedometer. Upon leaving my driveway there is a sharp left hand turn. Upon making this sharp turn I felt the motor home nudge a bit and stop in the turn. I got out and went to the car and noticed that the right front fender of the tow dolly was against the drivers door of my Mazda. Further inspection showed that the tow dolly swivel in the middle causing the left fender of the tow dolly to come in contact with the drivers door and rocker panel of my car. That caused me $1,200.00 in damages to my car with 90 miles on it. This ruined my vacation. Not being educated by the person who sold me the tow dolly is who I placed the blame. Had I been informed of the "do's and don'ts", I would not have purchased that tow dolly. This sales person was not informative on what he was selling. Upon returning from my vacation, I "SOLD" that tow dolly only being used one time.

That experience caused me to search high and low for a tow dolly that "did not swivel". I located only one called the Acme Eze Tow Dolly out of North Carolina that did not swivel. The information contained on their website and video on how to used, load and unload the tow dolly was beyond excellent! Extremely informative with a step by step video. They even showed a video of towing a car down the road.

I sent my experience to them concern of this happening again. I was given much confidence from them that this would not happen with the Acme Eze Tow Dolly. It even states that in the web page information that it is nearly impossible to damage your car, most importantly for me this Acme Tow Dolly is stationary and "does not swivel".

I made the purchase, I was given an extra set of straps for free. I also purchased the spare tire and wheel. The tow dolly was sent by freight and was delivered in 3 days to my front door step! It took longer for me to remove the tow dolly from the wooded crate than it did for me to hook it up to my motor home and put my car on the dolly! The only assembly required was the two fenders and two LED lights.

I have sent several emails of questions and concerns prior to my purchase. All of my emails were answered to my satisfaction and were answered within an hour of it being sent during business hours.

I have used the Acme Eze Tow Dolly four times since July of this year. I can honestly say without hesitation that I made the perfect choice and purchase! If I could turn back time, I would have purchased this tow dolly earlier. It would have saved me $1,200.00 in body shop damages to my new car. This tow dolly pulls great, stops great and yes folks....you can even back up with it. Read the directions, watch to video on their website as I have. Once you watch the video you will do as I did and make the purchase. As far as I am concerned there is no comparison to the other tow dollies that are out there. I know from experience because I had the other brand of tow dolly. The Acme Tow Dolly was the only tow dolly that I could find that does not swivel. The tires and fenders of the Acme Tow Dolly are "directly" beside the tires of the car you are towing. The other tow dolly models that are out there have the tow dolly tires and fenders by the doors of the car you are towing. The fender and wheels of the other tow dolly brands are so far back on the tow dolly that is what caused the damage to my car on the sharp turn.

In closing, this Acme Eze Tow Dolly is without a doubt the best on the market. If by chance I have to purchase another tow dolly, I can say without hesitation I will purchase another Eze Tow Dolly. The manufacturer for the Eze Tow Dolly needs to expand to other states, I would not hesitate to be distributor for them!

Will Cartwright

EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
Thanks for your review. I am now planning on getting this dolly after your review.

2004 Four Winds Infinity Class A 32r
Ford Chassis with Triton V-10
Viet Nam Vet 65-66, Big Red One, John & Linda
kyrv37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
I bought the Acme EZE-TOW to tow my new Hyundai Accent. After reading the "User Manual" (just a few skimpy pages) and watching the video which can only be viewed online, I felt ready to put the car on the dolly. Lined up the ramps, and a friend guided me up. Suddenly he had me stop. I got out and looked to see that the car was about to scrape on the 4" high front edge on the dolly. We put some 2x8 boards on the ramps and tried again. It became obvious that when the car went off the boards on the ramps it would drop and hit that front edge. Had to put two more 2x8 boards on the dolly, and I'm stuck with leaving those boards there under the tires. Be sure to check the clearance under the front of your car before driving onto the dolly.
Dan Paymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:23 AM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor
The Acme "EZE-TOW" Tow Dolly

If you are having clearance issues at the front of your dolly then your tongue height is way to high. Simply purchase a lower drop bar and lower the ball height. Every inch you lower the ball height will add 1.5 inches of clearance at the front lip of the dolly. We have loaded at least 15 of these cars here at the factory, never a clearance issue. I am not aware of any single car that has clearance issue loading or unloading on our dolly when the instructions are followed.
Of course when you encounter something of this nature you always have the option of contacting us directly for a solution.

Richard Brown
EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #5
I have a 7" drop hitch, putting the base of the ball just 15" off the ground, well within your specs. The Dolly's tongue is nearly level. The 1.5" lift of the 2x8 under the tires gives me 1" clearance under the front of my 2015 Hyundai Accent. It's the Sport model. Maybe it has lower clearance than the base model. If you have a better solution, I would like to hear it. Why not post it here?
And you say, "Every inch you lower the ball height will add 1.5 inches of clearance at the front lip of the dolly." Let's look at the math. The ball is 76" from the pivot point (the dolly's axels) and the front lip of the dolly is only 13" from the pivot point. That's a 5.85-to-1 ratio, so dropping the ball 1" will lower the lip less than 1/6 of an inch.
Dan Paymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I originally purchased my ACME EZE-TOW because of some of the very space-tight RVParks that I frequent. They do not have room for a dolly and the motorhome on the same pad, or they require you to store it elsewhere.

Being that I can stand it up so that it's virtually hidden behind the motorhome, (or position most of it underneath the rear coach overhang), no RVPark security or campground host has requested that I move it.

I'm now glad that it doesn't swivel!
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 PM   #7
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaflatlander
After considerable damage to my Prius from my first tow dolly I bought an acme ezee tow and have had a great experiance eversince.Oh happy day!
Ed & Sharon Ward ,Virginia Beach, Va.
2000 National RV, 37' Tradewinds
3126 Cat 300hp Allison 6spd Fl xc chassis
Vaflatlander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
acme tow dolly newbie

we just got the acme tow dolly and my husband doesn't think we need to use the chain under the car that attaches to the tow dolly. He thinks the straps around the tires is good enough. Is he being stupid? I am the driver of our motorhome and now I have to tow a vehicle and I am a worried gal.
We of course are going to use the chains up front that connect to the MH
debandroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:03 PM   #9
Yes, you should use the chains... I have had my straps loosen up such that one side of the tire moved back a couple of inches... I was really glad I had the chains on the underside of the car.
ZACRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:08 PM   #10
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by debandroy View Post
we just got the acme tow dolly and my husband doesn't think we need to use the chain under the car that attaches to the tow dolly. ..
Yes, use the safety chains!

If a strap ever does fail, the chain will keep the car on the dolly.

Once you have tried out your new tow dolly, after one or two miles, you will notice some stretching on the straps.

If that alone doesn't convince your husband to use the safety chains, then he must be sufficiently "self insured" for when the lawyers come calling in the event the car manages to "escape" the straps while in transit, causing damage or even death.

BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote

acme, demco, dolly, eze-tow, karkaddy ss, master tow, richard brown, toad, tow, tow dolly