Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #15

There is an option that allows you to set up Xgauges that will give you "other" outputs if your engine computer provides the information on the diagnostic plug. I installed a low fuel pressure warning LED on our coach to monitor low fuel pressure.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe I should have stated that I already have a ScanguageII and know about the X-Gauge feature. My question should have been, does Freightliner provide that info on their system that is readable with ScanGuage D

Thanks again Jerry

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #17

It has a boost gauge for Cat but on mine it is useless. It jumps all over the place. Don't know about Cummins. I don't think it has fuel pressure.
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #18

I hope that those that bought this product are happy with it. I was not and finally returned it to the store I bought it from.

I found it practically useless. My vehicles own on-board computer shows me as much info on engine condition as I need to know. As far as reading codes there isn't a list of the "P" codes most defective vehicles show with the product. It directs you to a website that doesn't show them either. Did I mention it doesn't show the defects as "P" codes either. My truck had a bad glow plug. The code showed was undecipherable. Even a 'Google search' didn't bring it up. My son's $35 code reader showed the proper code.
GWinger

Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #19

Hey Warpath, you driving an 18 wheeler, most RV's don't have a Trailer parking brake
Happy Trails
Jim
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #20

Jerry,

I don't think fuel pressure is on the list, but it depends on whether the engine manufacturer provides it on the diagnostice plug, and whether Linear Logic knows the code if it is available. For our coach, the fuel pressure isn't available, at least not yet. It does report Boost, Trans Temp, Inlet Air Temp, etc. I use those parameters for our coach.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #21

They are up to Version 9.10. This newest version is supposed to fix the erratic boost pressure some are experiencing. If you are having that issue call them.

Jim
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauguston View Post
That is NOT what they are doing. When contacted they will send you a updated version along with a prepaid return shipping label for the one you presently have. You will not be without one.
Jim
Misinformation is worse than no info at all....whwer did you hear that, "you will not be without one"?

What you say they are not doing IS PRECISELY WHAT THEY ARE DOING with my upgrade.

To get an upgrade, (version 9.10), which is supposed to correct my 2 X boost psi reading, I was first required to return my version 9.7., (then wait until they decide to ship the replacement).
It has been a week WITHOUT and my new SCD is not here!

Mel
Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #23

I swapped out mine three times the way I explained on a earlier post. What I posted was true when I posted it. I am not responsible for their change of policy.

Jim
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
How can you tell which version you have? deSanford
The directions to find the version of your unit are on page 61 of the User Manual.
Mel
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #25

Mel,

That's not what happened to me. I contacted them with my problem. They sent me a new unit with updated software, and a return postage paid label. I installed the new unit which worked like they said it would, then mailed them the first one back, no problems.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #26

I have a question for anyone with a Cat 3126 engine and Allison m3060 transmission..... with a ScanGauge D connected.

Does your ScanGauge D show a reading for TFT, (Transmission Fluid Temperature)?....
(on my ScanGauge D, TFT is blank, no reading).
Linear Logic "thinks" that might be normal for my engine/trans combination........but they "don't know for sure".

Thanks, in advance, for any information that you can provide.

Mel Stuplich
'96 Safari Sahara 3530
250hp 3126 Cat, M3060 Allison
Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #27

ScanGauge D: NOT plug and play

I recently installed a ScanGauge D in my cat powered Safari coach.
On my coach the installation was not exactly Plug and Play like the advertising would have you believe!

The included ScanGauge cord plug would NOT fit either of my two Deutsch 6 pin J1708 diagnostic ports...(both my dash and service bay diagnostic ports are similar to , but very different than, the one for which Linear Logic designed and manufactured the cord plug).
I had to modify the supplied 6 pin cord plug to make it fit.

That modification involved removing, (cutting and scrapping out), ALL of the plastic "keys" from the inside of the outer ring of the J1708 end of the plug, (leaving that end of the plug with only the outer ring and the 6 plastic center pins)....(only four are used, two are blank/empty).

That made it possible for me to install the plug onto my diagnostic ports, however, NO ELECTRICAL CONTACT was established between the port pins and the plug.... because the female connecters in the pins of the ScanGauge plug are larger than the male connectors in the diagnostic plugs of my coach.

To establish a secure electrical contact, between the 4 oversize female connectors in the plastic pins of the supplied plug and the 4 small male pins in my diagnostic port, I had to modify each female connector socket in the plug.

After I finally got the ScanGauge D installed, connected and working, I found that none of my settings into the ScanGauge D , (fuel capacity, color change, chosen gauges, etc.), remained saved if/when/after my ignition key was turned OFF.
Each time the key was turned OFF and back ON the screen returned to "home" and all settings, (except those in the "flash memory"), returned to their default readings.

I called Linear Logic and Christiana gave me phone instructions to program my unit to “alternate trip computer A and B”, which was supposed to prevent the data loss….(IT DID NOT)!
To prevent that loss from happening every time I turned the engine off, I rewired my diagnostic port so that the 12V power at terminal "C" is always hot, regardless of the ignition key position.

BTW, days later, when I called, trying to get my boost gauge to read properly, I told Christiana that the A and B trick did not work………She asked me if I had moved the coach after I programmed to “alternate trips A and B”………When I said no she said, “You should have moved your vehicle, for some reason the vehicle has to be moved before the alternate trip programming will work” …….. (SHE HAD NOT BOTHERED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NEEDING TO MOVE THE VEHICAL when she gave me the instructions)

Since the ScanGauge D is finally hooked up and operating, I find that the boost gauge is reading double that of my dash boost gauge, (over 50 psi when accelerating).
ScanGauge’s “supposed fix “ is an upgrade to a version 9.10 for which they have required me to send them my 9.07 and then wait for them to send the replacement.

The MPH, RPM, Throttle Position Sensor, Water Temp, Battery Voltage and Intake Air Temp gauges seem to be working as they should, (they appear to be very close to accurate).

I have not had an opportunity to use/check the many other functions of the ScanGauge D.
I sure hope that I find it to be worth all the trouble!

Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
3126 250hp Cat, M3060 Allison 6 speed
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #28

I took my ScanGaugeD off my Cummins/Allison configuration and installed it on a friend's 2004 Discovery C7 Cat/Allison. It read transmission fluid temperature just like it does on our set up. I suspect it's a matter of what the manufacturer provided for that model year. It's quite possible TFT is not available on your 96 configuration.

Tags
computer, diesel