Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
Official iRV2 Sponsor
Super Duty V10 Real World Tow Test 14k lbs !

Had to share a real world vid . A very cool guy made this video. My hats off to him and our customer

5 Star Tuning ! Super Duty V10 Real World Tow Test 14k lbs ! - YouTube

GOT A V10 RV? Got a Gas or Diesel Truck ? Got a Diesel RV? www.5startuning.com or chris@5startuning.com
5star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
Why don't people just go with diesel, makes the world a better place

Spud_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
Ford Super Duty Owner
Because the diesel costs more initially. The diesel also costs more to maintain. I do all of my own maintenance and I have to do it at home since I retired from my teaching position. Getting rid of the greater amount of diesel oil is also a factor that might bother some.

TeJay (Tim) Auto Instructor 35 yrs (4-yrs USAF) Liz: RN/ WBGO 2014 Vista 30T/ F-53/ CHF/5-Star/Koni/Centramatics * Bella- Golden/Cocker mix & Louie-The cat / All Retired
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
I counted 15 seconds back to 60 with tuned truck and 10 sec back to 60 with the stock tuned truck. Looks like Ford programmed the PCM to downshift as needed to quickly bring the set speed back to the original set speed vs the tuned truck.
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Diesels are fine and all, but if you use your truck as a daily driver around town (with a lot of short trips), and live in cold regions, gas is your best choice.
36ft Damon Intruder Class A - 37ft National Sea Breeze LX Class A
-Past RVs: 19ft Sportsman, 24ft Jayco, 30ft Coachmen Mirada. We had some good times.
"Im a car guy...you've been warned" lol
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote