Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:23 AM   #1

The Acme "EZE-TOW" Tow Dolly

( In response to some earlier threads on this topic )
Just a quick note on this thread from the manufacturer of this dolly. Many of the comments here are accurate, some are not. As of Jan 1st 2014 we now use a very nice galvanized steel ramp that attaches to the dolly and yet is still removable and storable. This is a very important feature to small cars. The new ramps allow for very simple on and off loading.
We have since redesigned our wheel straps and the new straps are very easy to use, trouble free and most importantly can only be applied in only ONE WAY.
In addition we now use Safety Chain Banjos on our dolly to make the installation of the safety chains very quick and easy. We had Disc brakes for 5 years before anyone else considered using them. That is why competition is good, it makes others innovate or lose sales.
I know we have the best warranty by far, 5 to 10 years on the critical moving parts. No one does that.
In spite of the comments made here about my health and declining customer service, I can tell you that is absolutely not true. Even in the middle of my treatment for Stage IV throat cancer, could not talk, could not eat for 97 days, I still monitored every single email until 11:00 pm or later every day and answered most of them myself. We have always been very aggressive about resolving customer issues and we have always done more and given more then was asked or expected. However, we will not pay $700.00 to replace a $2.25 hub seal. We know how long it takes to replace parts on these dollies and we have to be included in the warranty process. If the customer just decides to have a repair made, and agrees to pay 4000 percent more then the repair is worth, then that is too bad. The warranty is very explicit and precise. It is a very generous warranty, but there are rules. They have to be followed.
People make references to drop pan designs, attached ramps and numerous other notions. I can tell you from experience that all those designs cause problems for most small cars. We design our dolly to accommodate 98% of all cars, not just their make and model.
So, remember, we are always looking for ways to improve our tow dolly. Every improvement we make is retrofittable to every generation of our dolly. Since making these changes and reducing our price our sales are up over 220% over the last 6 months.
We are preparing to build a state of the art 2 million dollar facility very soon. Robotic welders, automated paint process system.
We are probably the youngest tow dolly company in the country, but I know we are the most innovative and making the most changes. In fact we are driving the entire industry to make changes. I assure you no one would be offering disc brakes on their dollies today if we had not lead the way on that technology.
Not wanting to argue with anyone. I seldom make comments on here because it seems that is hard to comment without offending someone or ending up having an argument. Just wanted to comment on these elements of the thread. Please watch our newest video showing all these improvements on our website. Car Tow Dolly -The Lightest and Toughest Tow Dolly For All Car Towing Needs - Acme Car Tow Dolly Company Thanks. Richard Brown.

ON a personal note, Throat Cancer is at epidemic levels for middle aged white males in this country. Do not ignore any odd symptoms in your mouth or throat. Get it checked by an ENT, not your family doctor. I was not in a risk group. Did not drink or smoke. I am now cancer free and healthier then I have been in years, ( having lost 142 pounds )
EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your post strikes me as though you are are referring to only a handful of issues. I will tell you that my wife and I started looking for a tow dolly just after this past Christmas. We bought an EZE-Tow in March during your huge sale. It wasn't your price that made me choose your dolly but rather your reputation on this and other forums. Of course we found negative comments but that's to be expected. I mean, every single business on the planet has unhappy customers for one reason or another. 90% of the time it's easy to see the negative comments as isolated incidents or someone who just cannot be pleased. For what it's worth, the negative comments were few and far between. Plain and simple, we love our EZE Tow, and would buy again without reservation.

I would like to offer one small recommendation based on MY experience with your customer service. First I'll say they were always polite and professional when speaking with them. When we bought our dolly you were in the midst of a huge sale and unbeknownst to us you were literally inundated with orders. I was expecting my dolly to ship in the 1-3 days you advertised on your website. After the 7th day I called to inquire and was told that production and shipping were delayed about a week due to the amount of orders. I was also told that you were hiring more people and working massive overtime to meet the demand. I thanked the lady for her explanation and told her that I understand. Another 10 days later I called again, it was a Wednesday, and was told that you were waiting on axles and that my dolly would ship on Friday or Monday. The following Tuesday afternoon I called because I had not received a shipping confirmation. I left a message asking for the status on your answering machine. Then I received a shipping confirmation email that evening saying my dolly would ship the next day, Wednesday. Sure enough, it shipped and was delivered on that Friday evening. My recommendation would be better communication with the customer. I noticed last week that your prices went down again which will undoubtedly lead to even more orders. We understand it takes time to hire and train people and to produce enough inventory to meet the 1-3 shipping times promised on the website. Perhaps if you would temporarily remove that from your website or include an explanation in the emailed receipt that due to increased orders production and shipping are delayed by 2-3 weeks. I truly believe that most people are reasonable and would understand.

Thank you for your time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Elexwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:40 AM   #3

Shipping delays...

Yes, I agree with you. We did change our website at that time and we went in and indicated the new estimated shipping times. We now also tell every customer prior to the purchase when possible what the estimated times are. Sales have been great but it has been a chore to fulfill the orders. I main issue is with regards to our suppliers and vendors. In spite of multiple advisories of increasing sales they did a poor job of keeping up with us and let us run out of critical inventory on several occasions. However, we are now getting caught up and much more current. I anticipate being back to current, as in within one week within the next few weeks. Thanks for your business.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #4

We haven't bought our EZE Tow yet. We have two RAV4s. Going to be nice that neither vehicle will need modified & either can be used with the EZE Tow.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:07 AM   #5

I also am in the market and have a question. We would be towing with a Class A and it is our first RV. Does the EZ TOW track inside the turn of the coach or does the tail swing tend to pull it clear? In other words if the coach rear wheels clear an object can I depend on the dolly to also clear?

Thanks
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #6

Making turns...

Any trailer requires some allowance to follow. What ever you are towing it will always turn a little shorter then the object towing it. Right turns are more relevant, left turns are easier. I know some manufacturers tell that the dolly track exactly in the foot prints of the Rv, but there a lot of variables in that statement. The amount of overhang post of the RV rear axle, the length of the dolly, the length of the car and the room you have to maneuver in. It does not take long to get good at it though. If you practice in a big lot with a few small cones or makers of any kind you will quickly get a feel for what ever allowance you need to make. Be sure to watch our video on our home page, it shows a lot of information on how to use our dolly and how our dolly works. Car Tow Dolly -The Lightest and Toughest Tow Dolly For All Car Towing Needs - Acme Car Tow Dolly Company Thanks. Richard Brown
Old 05-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #7

Never give up Richard!!
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
EZE Tow.

I am the owner of a Roasdmaster tow dolly with electric brakes and truly love it. It tows fine, it steers fine, it follows the motorhomes rear wheels and when making turns it never touches tow vehicle. The ramps are attached and don't have to be disconnected and never give me a problem. It also has safety chains that you don't have to get under the vehicle to attach plus it has 2 storage compartments to put the straps in and they are lockable. This dolly has been to Alaska and back plus across the country 3 times with no problems.

Granted the Roadmaster costs more than yours but I was always taught you get what you pay for.

My dolly is equipped with a spare tire and a third wheel which makes it easy to push around if need be. It also has 13" tires.

Lastly Electric brakes are better on a dolly than surge brakes because the amount of braking is adjustable and surge brakes were mainly designed for boat trailers because the wheels get submerged and you can't submerge electric brakes.

Good luck folks with your EZE tow dolly but I would recommend a Roadmaster 2001` Steerable tow dolly.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
KarKaddy SS by Demco, First bought and will stick with it. Thanks for the info on yours though.
JMO, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Richard i have owned three different tow dollys and think your design is by far superior to any that i have seen, i do plan on buying a Eze-Tow just to keep around the farm at a later date. Also good luck with the Treatment!
Thanks for the informative post.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Richard, looks like a great product at a great price!

Godspeed in your return to good health!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #12

Thanks..

Thanks guys, I appreciate that. I am doing great now. We are making plans right now for a new 2 million dollar facility. We are very excited about it.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a comment on tracking; my EZE Tow tracks the same as the rear of my coach. My coach has 12 feet from the rear axle center to the rear bumper. If your coach has less then it will probably track in somewhat.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:06 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I placed my order on 5/6 to Prescott, AZ. I haven't seen anything about my ETA. I'm hoping to hear something soon.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolly, tow dolly