Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor
This Weeks RV Product Review - To Cover your RV or Not & Winterizing

This week we review ADCO's Polypropylene RV cover and whether or not you should consider covering your RV as well as links you can use to find RV Winterizing information.
Review - Adco RV Covers --> RVUpgradeStore - Motorhome Covers and Accessories : Camper Supplies : RV Tank : RVUpgradeStore.com
What it is: A high performance polypropylene cover that ensure maximum breathability and virtually eliminate mold and mildew. Breathable 100% polypropylene covers are easy to install and secure with straps and buckles
Positives: Surprisingly lite weight for a 30' cover, keeps tree debris, bird droppings & dirt off RV, initial install in 30 minutes or less, the least expensive type of cover.
Negatives: In rainy humid climates can cause mold to form, need to protect cover from sharp objects or edges on RV, difficult to access RV once covered, larger RV's will require more than one person to install.
Summary: I had mixed results when using a cover, I used the polypropylene version which is the least expensive available. I only used the cover when I put the RV away for winter and It did an excellent job of protecting the plastic vents and trim pieces along with the exterior walls from yellowing. (If yours are painted not a big worry) We have alot of trees and It kept fallen leaves from staining the roof as well as keeping the roof (rubber at the time) much cleaner. I did run into mold issues during the late winter early spring when there was still some snow on the roof and we would get a warm day with alot of sun. The weight of the snow kept the cover close to the roof and the polypropylene version let enough moisture in to create a very humid condition. The Aqua Shed version is said to help with this issue, but I have not tested this. After the first year of use I found a few wear points that I needed to pad the next season so they did not create a hole in the cover. I also wish I had purchased a version with a side access panel. (I am always tinkering with some project or another on the inside) All in all I was pretty happy with the protection it provided, it was not perfect, but for the money did a decent job. And it kept me from having to wax the RV so often to keep it protected.
As a side note, I have also used the tarp buildings (mine was by Cover-it) and that was an excellent step up in protecting the RV from the elements. Living in the Northeast part of the US it endured a lot of snow, high winds & rain with no issues. After about 7 years of use the tarp was do for replacing, which could be done, but we decided to build a barn instead. If it is an option you have considered, I would highly recommend it. The price to go this direction versus a garage or barn is a 1/3 of the cost or more.

RV Winterizing --> RVUpgradeStore
I am sure many of you are old pros at winterizing your RV, but for those who are just starting out or just looking for a refresher course we provide a great article on this written by Mark Polk from RV Education101.com ( RVUpgradeStore )
We are asked quite often why we do not carry RV Antifreeze and the answer is Walmart. As inexpensive as RV antifreeze is versus it's weight you would end up paying far more in shipping than the actual price of the product. But we do carry all of the other winterizing products which can be found here --> RVUpgradeStore - Winterizing

Thank You for taking your time to read this newsletter, I hope you have a great fall weekend!

Bill Rowell
RVupgrades.com Inc.

P.S. We will be heading down to the Louisville, Ky in December for the National RV Trade Show and will provide details on some of the new RV products available for 2011.
Customer Service can be reached at: sales@rvupgrades.com of Toll Free 866-332-7881
RVupgrades.com Inc., 33801 Curtis Blvd #110, Eastlake, OH, 44095

2012 Showhauler Legend 40' Conversion
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
P.S. We will be heading down to the Louisville, Ky in December for the National RV Trade Show and will provide details on some of the new RV products available for 2011.
Bill, I hope to see you there!
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote